Profile for Sweetpea > Reviews

Dvd ~ Liam Neeson
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant reimagining of the classic series, 6 April 2014
This review is from: The A-Team [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film! Have watched it plenty of times now and never get bored. The casting is excellent, especially the brilliant Sharlto Copley as Murdock! Liam Neeson carries off Hannibal's swagger with aplomb and it's just a fun, well produced, enjoyable film with plenty of action and good banter between the characters.

E-Zee Multi-Purpose Folding 8" Step Stool White, Heavy Duty
E-Zee Multi-Purpose Folding 8" Step Stool White, Heavy Duty
Offered by zonnixuk
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 April 2014
Just what I needed to reach a few things in the home that are just out of reach without having to have a big pair of ugly steps around. it folds up and tucks neatly away. I've seen these in places like Lakeland for several times the price. I was a bit worried it'd be a bit flimsy but it's fine. Good buy!

High Society/Calamity Jane [DVD] [2006]
High Society/Calamity Jane [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Doris Day
Price: 4.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Calam is one of my faves!, 6 April 2014
I bought this in order to get the Calamity Jane DVD but it was more economical to get them both together. Calamity is one of my favourite films - funny and sweet with fabulous songs! It's been a while since I saw High Society but Grace Kelly is always a picture on any screen! A good collection, and a good price.

Daily Mail: Big Book of Quick Crosswords 4 (The Mail Puzzle Books)
Daily Mail: Big Book of Quick Crosswords 4 (The Mail Puzzle Books)
by Daily Mail
Price: 6.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy book - chunkier than others, 6 April 2014
Trying to stretch the old brain a bit. We try and do one of these most nights and as they are supposed to be about 10 to 15 minutes, that's good (although they do sometimes take us longer!)

Dan In Real Life [DVD]
Dan In Real Life [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dianne Wiest
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, heartfelt, touching, beautiful little gem, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Dan In Real Life [DVD] (DVD)
We first saw this almost by accident. Adding to a 'rental list' of what to watch on a DVD service, we picked this, purely because it had Steve Carrell in it. We didn't know anything about it, and certainly hadn't seen any big promotions of it. When it came, we absolutely loved it and ended up buying the DVD. It's a real 'sleeper' of a film so I think it's probably been missed by a lot of people who'd enjoy it. The acting is brilliant - the big extended family really seem genuine, and the storyline is sweet and bittersweet at times. There are also plenty of laughs but have the tissues ready too, because there will be a bit of welling up! The scenery of off-season Rhode Island is also lovely! It's a fabulous, family friendly, feel good film. As a bonus, the soundtrack, is wonderful!

A Model Life
A Model Life
by Muriel Rodriguez
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: A Model Life (Paperback)
I bought this a little while ago and, at the time, couldn't decide whether to go for the Kindle version or the paperback. There was quite a difference in price between the two so I ended up choosing the cheaper Kindle version. I am so glad I did as when I started reading this early I only got about three chapters in (even skimming some of those) before I just couldn't read it anymore. The 'story' is boring, the characters are sullen and flat and the writing itself is pretty atrocious. I'm sorry to be so harsh as I had really been looking forward to reading this but I am amazed that this got through the first read let along an editorial process! The dialogue is really hard work with no contractions; I'm sorry but nobody talks like that, and it prevents any chance of being absorbed by the book.
As I said, I was looking forward to this book and reading about the lives such people lead, but life's too short for me to spend any more time on this one.

Confessions of a Fashionista
Confessions of a Fashionista
by Angela Clarke
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Funny!, 2 Mar 2014
I follow Angela on Twitter, which is how I found out about her book. First of all, follow Angela on Twitter, she makes interesting RTs and posts often hilarious comments. Next, read this book. If you're at all interested in the fashion industry, it's a great insight into the, often very odd, world lurking under the glamorous exterior.

After starting her career at Harrods, the author got a job at a talent agency, providing editors, etc with make up artists, hairdressers and photographers. The unsociable hours, unpleasant comments and unbelievable behaviour she witnessed during her time there is both hilarious and slightly shocking (cake sniffers, anyone?). However, the difficulties were clearly balanced out by luscious goody bags, unexpected Christmas bonuses and the excitement of being immersed in the world of fashion. The book also tells how being part of that world began to rub off on the author, and not necessarily in a good way. I love the fact that she doesn't sugar coat this, but comes out and admits there were certain aspects of her personality that were changed and affected by being immersed in what is, in effect, a very shallow, make believe world - what you see is not necessarily what you get. But, do not fear, we love her despite these foibles, and even more so when she realises that she, in her own words, has been 'a bit of a tit'.

If you are remotely interested in fashion, or the multi billion dollar world that surrounds it, I'd heartily recommend this book. It's a great read, not only for eyebrow raising anecdotes, but also just for showing up that things aren't always as glamorous as they seem and there are some people, usually those lowest on the ladder, who are working their designer clad bottoms off for very little money just to be part of the world.

Disclaimer: Beware of reading this book in public unless you don't mind being seen alone giggling like a buffoon!

HP Folio 13 B0N00AA Intel  1600 MHz 128 GB 4096 MB Flash Hard Drive HD Graphics 3000
HP Folio 13 B0N00AA Intel 1600 MHz 128 GB 4096 MB Flash Hard Drive HD Graphics 3000

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 20 Feb 2014
Been using this for over a year now and loving it still. I had a Sony Vaio before which was well used and started dying and I wanted something smaller to replace it for when I did carry it around. It took a little while to get used to the smaller screen but nothing much and the solid state hard drive is great! Really quick to start up and shut down. I thought the light up keyboard would be a gimmick but I'm amazed how much I've used it when the light's a bit low! It's really handy! Overall, great machine.

Dance on Broadway - Move Required (PS3)
Dance on Broadway - Move Required (PS3)
Offered by APE-GAMES
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Never plays correctly, 20 Feb 2014
We always have to end up trying to set this up. It never just plays. We only have two controllers and it always wants 4! Consequently it's barely used.

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day [DVD]
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amy Adams
Price: 4.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent viewing, 20 Feb 2014
Lovely, enjoyable film with a real feel good factor, with characters you care about. Amy Adams does a great job as usual, definitely channelling her inner Marilyn for this role!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3