ARRAY(0xabe88f30)

Sunsense Ultra SPF50+ Sunscreen - 500 ml
Sunsense Ultra SPF50+ Sunscreen - 500 ml
Price: 29.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by dermatologist, 20 Feb 2014
I was looking for a high factor suncream that wouldn't make my clothes yellow or make me look like I'd fallen in chalk! This was mentioned by my dermatologist as one that various patients had had success with. It's been really good so far. Rubs in well, not greasy and I've even used it on my face and put make up over and it's been fine, not slid off.

If I Didn't Care
If I Didn't Care
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Always playing it!, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: If I Didn't Care (MP3 Download)
I adore this film and this song is so lovely! So nostalgic of the time and I love all these sort of period songs so it's perfect for listening to for me.

Swift Rotary Apple Peeler
Swift Rotary Apple Peeler
Offered by Gifts4Home
Price: 3.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped enormously!, 20 Feb 2014
My neighbour kindly gave me two huge bags of apples from their tree and whilst I love the eating, I wasn't keen on all the prep needed for making apple filling for pies and crumbles! I ordered this and it came really quickly and was absolutely brilliant! It helped me whizz through the apples in far less time than it would have taken just standing peeling and chopping. A couple were off centre but then, unless you buy sprayed and EU conformed apples, that's bound to happen, and it wasn't a problem. This one was also much, much cheaper than pretty much the same item in a certain high street/mail order kitchenware shop and did the same job.

Bonfire Heart
Bonfire Heart
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Single, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bonfire Heart (MP3 Download)
Great single from Mr Blunt. Really catchy and some clever writing, as always. Glad I bought it and will be looking at perhaps getting the album when I hear a couple more.

Christmas (Deluxe Special Edition)
Christmas (Deluxe Special Edition)
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album!, 20 Feb 2014
I had this on my wishlist for ages and eventually bought it, just to have something Christmassy to listen to. I absolute love it! It got played and played. Like some others, I wasn't sure about the Shania Twain duet to start with, and probably still would prefer a different female singer on it, but I ended up loving the version of White Christmas. Felice Navidad was new to me too and is also another favourite. Really great album to listen to at Christmas. Well done, Mr Bubbles!

Dance With Me Tonight
Dance With Me Tonight
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good 'boppy' song, 20 Feb 2014
Love this song! Great for bopping along to whilst doing the housework or singing along to in the car - on your own of course! :)

DB-Tech Wireless Indoor & Outdoor Digital Weather Station - Monitors Temperature, Dew Point, Barometer and Humidity With a built-in Weather Forecast Tendency Indicator
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and fun, 20 Feb 2014
I bought this as a present for husband, for Christmas. He has to be up to date with the weather for his job so I thought this would be a helpful addition. I didn't really know what to look for but this had good reviews. He's been very pleased with it, and apparently the fact it shows pressure is very useful. We put the outside sensor just outside the patio door and the base station is fairly close to it inside, not purposely, just convenient to look at. It's definitely been a good buy and it's pretty handy for knowing whether to bother to put the washing out too!

Breathless [DVD]
Breathless [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Davenport
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to watch and gorgeous to look at!, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Breathless [DVD] (DVD)
This was an excellent series and we both thoroughly enjoyed watching it. It's a real shame it was only six episodes, and so far I haven't heard anything about a second series. The underlying thread of 'something's happened in the past' was very well done and made you really want to know what connected the various characters, and what they were hiding. The main character of Otto could have come across as arrogant and unsympathetic but Jack Davenport has portrayed his brilliantly, making us really feel for him and the situation he's in.

Aside from the acting, the costumes are gorgeous to look at - the designer has done a wonderful job - the dresses are beautiful and also play a part in underlining the gradual change that was taking place, showing some characters in the classic '50s' style dress and Jean, who holds a more modern outlook, embracing the newer styles of capris and wiggle dresses.

I now have the DVD and am looking forward to watching it again. Although I have to say, I ended up having to buy the DVD elsewhere as Amazon shot their price up just after release and it's been at 5 more than the RRP for weeks now. Sorry Amazon, but that's not really on.

Jasmine Nights
Jasmine Nights
by Julia Gregson
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous book, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jasmine Nights (Paperback)
I'd read 'East of the Sun' a while ago, having been caught by the setting of India and the Raj. When I saw this book, and saw that it starts off in East Grinstead hospital, I was again interested as that's a place I know and they did ground breaking work for injured pilots. However, it's only the first chapter that's set there, just for information.

Whilst I did enjoy this book, I don't think it was as good as 'East of the Sun'. The story is interesting and I loved the character, Arleta, probably more than the main character to be honest. As another reviewer has said, the ending is a bit wishy washy. There was also a little bit of disjointedness in the book; a couple of times the main character has made a big scene about doing, or not doing, something only to find her subsequently not doing, or doing, that very same thing on the next page with no explanation for the turnaround! My other disappointment was with the punctuation - this seemed very random, with commas in places there shouldn't be, and none where there should making it a little odd to read at times.

It is a good story, but I'm not sure I would choose to read any more by this author.

Death Comes to Pemberley [DVD]
Death Comes to Pemberley [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Rhys
Price: 8.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Great viewing!, 30 Dec 2013
This was the highlight of the Christmas television schedule for me. I'd been looking forward to it ever since I found out they were making an adaptation. I read the book last year and to be honest, wasn't overly impressed with it. However, I think that the screenwriters of this production took the best of it and made something wonderful. I thought all the actors were very good and made us believe in their individual predicaments, and made it easy to suspend our disbelief and just enjoy the production. The cinematography featuring Chatsworth and the Derbyshire countryside was fabulous, making the property itself almost a character in its own right, which it is to a large extent.

I thoroughly enjoyed the series and, like others, feel it is a shame that the BBC seems to have stopped releasing items on Blu-ray as that would be preferable to the DVD but as there is no other option, I am waiting patiently for the DVD to be released and will look forward to watching the series again in one fell swoop. Well done BBC. More of this ilk please!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3