Profile for Bill Pearson > Reviews

Bill Pearson

Delonghi EC250.B Pump Espresso Machine
Delonghi EC250.B Pump Espresso Machine

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design - it leaks badly, 24 Feb 2014
Badly designed as the water tank leaks water :-(. I contacted DeLonghi who didn't help. Makes reasonable coffee but we rarely use it because of the floods.

PowerGen 9000mAh External Battery Pack High Capacity Power Bank Charger Dual USB output (w/imbedded Micro USB) for Samsung S4 S3 S2 / Moto G X / Google Nexus 5 4 7 and Android Devices / Apple iPhone 5s 5c 5 4S 4 3GS, iPad Air Mini 2 3 4 [Lightning Cable NOT included]
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD
Price: 64.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design, 24 Feb 2014
I was going to give this a great review as it does what it says, but the torch continually keeps coming on! I bought it to charge phones etc. on walks - but now people keep stopping me to tell me there's a lit torch in my rucksack. I can't seem to stop this happening. Needs a redesign with a better switch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2014 1:25 AM BST

Crewe Chronicle
Crewe Chronicle
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it!, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Crewe Chronicle (App)
My virus checker was most unhappy about me installing this ap! When I did Get it installed I found the free trial was only for a short period, so I uninstalled it and now use other (free) services.

Food Britannia
Food Britannia
by Andrew Webb
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Around Britain on a plate, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Food Britannia (Hardcover)
A well researched book, with good photographs, celebrating the best of British food. Find out about Bosworth Jumbles (and where the recipe came from)! Learn what a Coventry God cake or a Dorset Naga is and what makes up Love in Disguise. Best of all there's a directory of supplier of traditional and/or unusual food and drinks.

St Petersburg EveryMan MapGuide (Everyman MapGuides)
St Petersburg EveryMan MapGuide (Everyman MapGuides)
by Everyman
Price: 5.27

5.0 out of 5 stars The best map, 23 April 2010
We took several different maps and guides with us to St Petersburg, this was the most useful for finding places. The open up pages made it easy to use whilst moving around.

Some of the street names were in Cyrillic, it would have been useful to have a map with Cyrillic names on as well.

The Staffordshire Oatcake: A History
The Staffordshire Oatcake: A History
by Pamela Sambrook
Price: 5.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could wish to know about oatcakes, 29 Oct 2009
A fascinating and well researched book which covers the history of Staffordshire (and Derbyshire) oatcakes and pikelets. It dismisses the story that they were brought back by the Staffordshire regiment from the Indian Raj, and goes back much further in history. It's fully illustrated throughout and shows how they've evolved through history to the present day.