Profile for CunningPlan > Reviews

Content by CunningPlan

CunningPlan

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Philips 10W MASTER LED Bulb (60W Replacement) Warm White, Dimmable, E27 Edison Screw

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd quite happily buy some more of them, 4 April 2015
Bought three of these bulbs at the same time around 6 months ago and I've been really impressed with them, I've been slowly replacing all the bulbs in my house with LED based ones.

The light colour from them is a 'warm white', has a slight yellow hue to them, just as most normal bulbs would have, so you shouldn't notice any real difference there from them. Being a LED bulb they are also instant on, no more waiting for the bulb to fully warm up. The light out of them is fairly evenly spread out, maybe slightly more from the sides then the main tip part of it. The only thing I'd say is they're possibly a bit dimer then I was expecting for a 60w replacement (saying that I bought another make for another bulb size that quoted it being a 12W LED bulb and it was brighter).

I'd quite happily buy some more of them, they've come down in price since I got them, yes they are a bit dearer then other types of bulbs BUT you'll use less energy and they should last significantly longer, in the longer term they'll more then pay for themselves.

NETGEAR GS105UK 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch
NETGEAR GS105UK 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little switch for where you need a few more ..., 8 Nov. 2014
Great little switch for where you need a few more ports, Excellent build quality and performance for a reasonable price. Got two of these running for various tasks now. My first one I've had a couple of years and hasn't missed a beat.

Sistema KLIP IT Accents Food Storage Container - 200 ml
Sistema KLIP IT Accents Food Storage Container - 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little tub, 8 Nov. 2014
Brilliant little tub, not used for its intended use, got it for an Arduino project and does the job perfectly. Was the perfect size for the board to fit in.
Comment Comment | Permalink

10 Pcs 1x40 Pin 2.54mm Pitch Straight Single Row PCB Female Pin Headers
10 Pcs 1x40 Pin 2.54mm Pitch Straight Single Row PCB Female Pin Headers
Offered by Goods-cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Nov. 2014
brilliant quality and a fair bit cheaper then other UK sellers, used on a pcb for an arduino project

Replacement Earpads Foam Cup Pad For Sennheiser HD205, HD 215, HD225, Audio-Technica ATH-T2, Pro700, Sony MDR-V500D, MDR-V700, MDR-V700DJ, MDR-2700, etc. (Packaged 1 pair (2 pieces)) T-024
Offered by KKINTRADE

1.0 out of 5 stars didnt fit, 26 May 2014
Bought these for a pair of Sony MDR-V700 which were stated to fit, claimed size is 9cm they were 8.5 and didn't come close to fitting, don't waste your money!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2014 2:56 PM BST

Sony MDR-RF865 Wireless Closed Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-RF865 Wireless Closed Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant headphones, 26 Dec. 2013
Was looking for a pair of wireless headphones and opted for these.

Lightweight, great battery life, light to wear.
Sound quality is right up there, plenty of bass as well. They can sound a little 'airy' at points but I think this is down to the cushions needing to wear in. Mine also came with a proper 3 pin uk plug.

Braun Cassette - 70S, Series 7, Pulsonic - 9000 Series
Braun Cassette - 70S, Series 7, Pulsonic - 9000 Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as new, 26 Dec. 2013
It had been a while since I last replaced the cutter on my shaver and thought I had better get a new one.

The foil pattern has changed from my current one; but using the new cutter had I realised I'd forgotten how good a shave my shaver is, really made a difference, much closer.
Apart from the change in the foil pattern the build quality isn't far off the old ones. More than happy, change in the foil doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Akasa Noir S AK-IC20U3-BKUK USB 3.0 3.5-inch SATA HDD Enclosure
Akasa Noir S AK-IC20U3-BKUK USB 3.0 3.5-inch SATA HDD Enclosure

5.0 out of 5 stars Great caddy, 2 Dec. 2013
Bought one of these to make use of a WD Green 2TB I had sitting around.

Good solid build quality and really easy to put your drive in, two screws to open the back and four to secure the drive.
Even with a green drive I saw sustained speeds around 137MB/s on USB3, really really impressed.
The unit isn't much bigger then the drive itself and comes with a stand to sit it on its side to save on desk space.

For £29, absolutely brilliant!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed, 14 Nov. 2013
I needed a new NAS box as my existing one was coming close to filling up and not able to take higher capacity drives.

My existing one was a readynas DuoV2 and I wasn't sure to go with one of their new products, I'd read a lot of issues people were having with them!
After a lot of reading around and research I opted for one of these. I've been really impressed.

Really simple to setup and use, good read/write speeds.
The admin area for the device is brilliant, all the info you could possibly need about it, detailed settings and on top of that there are plenty of add ons available from synology from an email server, DNS server and so on...

It's not a cheap option, you'll need to get some disks as well (check the support section on the sinology site) but it is worth every penny!

York Fitness - 1" Barbell Pad
York Fitness - 1" Barbell Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed, 11 Oct. 2013
Started to do some squats (haven't done them for a fair while!) and found the weight of the bar direct on the top of my shoulders was uncomfortable. Popped one of these on and absolutely fine now. Quite comfortable to use and doesn't add too much bulk to the bar, I leave the pad on all the time.

Inside its just a bit of foam insulation with a plastic cover over.

Just what I was looking for and just over £8, very happy