Profile for C. Denham > Reviews

Content by C. Denham

C. Denham "Booked and Wormed" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Ep.#5 - "Rise of the Corinari" (The Frontiers Saga)
Ep.#5 - "Rise of the Corinari" (The Frontiers Saga)

4.0 out of 5 stars a good follow up from book 4, 31 Aug 2014
I like my faced paced space opera. This was a great follow-up to the storyline and keeps the reader going right to the end. So much so that you want to yell "What!!!!" Nice semi-cliff hanger!

The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3
The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3

5.0 out of 5 stars good paced, enjoyable space opera, 27 Aug 2014
I read books to enjoy them, I don't read them to do character studies or look for plot holes, so I won't be commenting on if there are or are not any of those. What I can say is that this is a good, fast paced, space opera and I highly recommend it. I will be reading the rest of the series in very short order. Thank you to the Author, a good read!

The Synchronicity War Part 4
The Synchronicity War Part 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Great closing on the synchronicity war, 17 Aug 2014
I really enjoyed the first three and moved straight from 3 to 4 in the series, so the cliff hanger in 3 was quickly resolved. A good paced space opera which closes most of the story lines well. Would recommend reading books 1-3 first though!

The Synchronicity War Part 1
The Synchronicity War Part 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Good space opera material, 8 Aug 2014
Good space opera material. Slightly short, but a good read, so value for money. I enjoyed the style of writing and would recommend it as a read - will be moving straight on to Part 2

Yukikaze
Yukikaze

4.0 out of 5 stars Great and interesting read, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Yukikaze (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed the book, thought it could have developed a bit more, but I suppose that is what sequels are for. Occasionally hard work to read, but worth the effort.

All You Need Is Kill
All You Need Is Kill

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 28 July 2014
Really enjoyed the book, not seen the film. Really like the time flow diagram at the start of the book, adds a lot and helps you realise you are probably going to read sections more than once. Nice touch changing the aspect some of the replays are done from. A bit short perhaps, but equally is good value for money. Would be interesting to see some sequels of this.

The Shark Boats
The Shark Boats

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 27 July 2014
This review is from: The Shark Boats (Kindle Edition)
A good read, military navy small boat warfare with a storyline and some good action. Looking forward to the follow up book "coming eventually"

The Empire's Corps
The Empire's Corps

5.0 out of 5 stars good read - hopefully the start of a good series, 19 May 2014
good read - hopefully the start of a good series.

I have enjoyed the Ark Royal Series, so bought this one to see if it stood up to that. It did. Highly recommended.

Exodus (Extinction Point series Book 2)
Exodus (Extinction Point series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars worth a read, 16 Mar 2014
I enjoyed the first book of the series, although I agree with many of the reviewers about the bicycle, I think the rest of their comments were a bit harsh.

This second book rectifies the situation and was improved, the author obviously listening to the critics.

Both books worth a read - I'm moving on to book 3 now!

Ark Royal
Ark Royal

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, loved it, good escapism, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ark Royal (Kindle Edition)
Good start to what I hope will become a nice long space opera. Good plot, good pace, great action sequences. Liked the main characters, the captain's struggle with the drink, the XO's struggle with loyalties and the CAG's struggling with his family and the pilots ;). Thanks, I hope you develop this one further

Page: 1 | 2