Profile for Donald Paterson > Reviews

Content by Donald Paterson

Donald Paterson (Aberdeen, Scotland)

Morphy Richards 48702 Accents Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Red
Morphy Richards 48702 Accents Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a look, 11 April 2015
Excellent cooker and good value. The metal cooking unit means that you can heat it directly on the hob and either brown meat in it directly or bring contents to the boil before sitting it in the slow cooker. Lacks a 'warming' function' who h is a slight downside. But at this price - excellent value.

Fosmon® HTC One Mini 2 II Case (HYBO-RAGGED) Detachable Hybrid (Tough) Dual Layer Case Cover for HTC One Mini (M8) 2 - 2014 - Fosmon Retail Packaging (Black)
Offered by theWireless USA

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the built-in stand that allows the phone to sit ..., 8 Feb. 2015
A rigid case that really protects the phone. I like the built-in stand that allows the phone to sit in landscape format.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen Protector HTC One X+, 14 May 2014
I love it!! In the past with phones, the protectors fit the screen exactly, and lining them up along one edge can be difficult meaning that one has to lift off and replace the protector several times. In this case, the protectors are just a tiny wee bit smaller than the full screen on the phone, though they cover the full touch screen area making the lining up part not as important as in the past - for the first time (ever!), I fitted the protector first time, with no bubbles.

Sister Ships and Alastair (Ant and Cleo Book 2)
Sister Ships and Alastair (Ant and Cleo Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ant and Cleo, 11 Feb. 2013
Tried Saucerors and Gondoliers - the first in the Ant and Cleo sereries and loved it. It should appeal to teenagers and adults alike. Now on my 4th in the series. Best read in order: 1 Saucerors and Gondoliers, 2 Sister ships and Alastair, 3 Their ain't gonna be no World War 3, 4 Destination Alpha 4. I really look forward to the next in the series. Also look at the "Smallworld" books by MR Green - entertaining and a good read.

2M (2 Meter) XO PLATINUM HDMI TO HDMI Cable *New 2.0/1.4 Version High-Speed with ETHERNET and 3D 21Gbps* FULL HD 2160p/1080p for XBOX 360, PS3, PS4, SKYHD, VIRGIN BOX, DVD, BLU-RAY, UHD, LCD, LED, PLASMA, Dolby TrueHD, Samsung LG SONY PANASONIC HDTV
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Cable, 11 Feb. 2013
With a new HD TV, we decided to upgrade our amp and connect freesat and blu ray through it. Went for cables which got good reviews. Set everything up 2 days ago and are delighted with the result. Sparkling pictures, the first time we can really say "that is high definition!"

WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage 2 TB Network Attached Storage
WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage 2 TB Network Attached Storage

5.0 out of 5 stars NAS Drive, 8 Jan. 2013
I love it!
With the arrival of a Sonos2, was advised by a friend to instal a NAS Drive - he advised the WD My Book Live. On our 7 year old PC installation was not straightforward. Eventually installed and copied over our music and all our digital pics. Two days later, our hard drive failed. The result is a move from a tower system to a new laptop. My initial concerns about installing the MyBook on the laptop were foundless - on initial power up, the laptop immediately "saw" the NAS Drive and connected to it - 5 seconds!
This complements the Sonos perfectly and since its arrival, we have had a lot more music round the house.

I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Technological Numpty, 22 July 2009
Lupo Nintendo Wii Usb Fast Ethernet Network/Lan Adapter
Wireless connection to the internet does not work in our house, so we looked for a wired connection between our router and the Wii. The Lupo got good reviews, so I ordered one. It arrived yesterday, and true to the reviews, it worked instantly. Very easy to set up - even for someone like myself who it technologically inept. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to make a wired connection to their Wii.