Profile for Cocodemer > Reviews

Content by Cocodemer

Cocodemer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Narrow Margins - a laugh-out-loud book about life on the waterways (Narrow Boat Books 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 3 April 2014
Marie writes a book which makes good reading, with humour and understanding of the difficulties of life aboard a narrow boat. It has made me think about how pleasant it would be to follow in her steps.

Touching The World - Free Sample: A Blind Woman, Two Wheels, 25000 Miles
Touching The World - Free Sample: A Blind Woman, Two Wheels, 25000 Miles

2.0 out of 5 stars A brave lady, 25 Mar. 2014
Quite enjoyed this story. So many people in Cathy's position wouldn't dream of attempting what she has and her partner sounds like a dream come true. I notice this is just a fragment of the whole story so may go on to buy the complete book

Kamikaze Kangaroos! 20,000 Miles Around Australia. One Van,Two Girls... And An Idiot.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun book and a good read, 25 Mar. 2014
This is a lighthearted story of Tony's travels around Australia in which he managed to hold your interest. There are not enough of these, in my opinion. I look forward to reading more of his books.

Across Islands and Oceans
Across Islands and Oceans

5.0 out of 5 stars So interesting, 9 Feb. 2014
Well written and particularly interesting as James visited such unusual places, interacting with the locals wholeheartedly. Was hard to put down.

Walking the Amazon: 860 Days. The Impossible Task. The Incredible Journey
Walking the Amazon: 860 Days. The Impossible Task. The Incredible Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great read, 9 Feb. 2014
Wow! I loved this book. Ed went through so much to achieve his dream and the deprivations were mind boggling.

All Balls and Glitter: My Life
All Balls and Glitter: My Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, 9 Feb. 2014
Obviously, I had seen Craig on television but didn't follow the show. However, this is well written and, ultimately, an interesting story.

The Mammoth Book of Hollywood Scandals (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Hollywood Scandals (Mammoth Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 9 Feb. 2014
Interesting if you are curious about the weird world of Hollywood and it's inhabitants. Appeared to be quite well researched.

Seize The Day
Seize The Day

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Seize The Day (Kindle Edition)
I cannot imagine having the guts to do this and perhaps it was a bit safer in those days (excuses, excuses) but all power to this couple. What an adventure! Very well written and just the right amount of information to keep you interested.

Lanzarote Marco Polo Guide (Marco Polo Travel Guides)
Lanzarote Marco Polo Guide (Marco Polo Travel Guides)
by Marco Polo

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the normal guidebook, 21 Dec. 2013
We have been to Lanzarote several times but, as we are going for an extended stay, I bought this book as it seemed to be a bit more informative than most. I found the detail on the various resorts good. I would not have gone to Arrecife but, based on the content, even telling you the best place to park and describing the area around the harbour, I will definitely visit.

Solitaire Spirit: Three Times Around the World Single-Handed
Solitaire Spirit: Three Times Around the World Single-Handed

5.0 out of 5 stars He who dares!, 21 Dec. 2013
Great read, Les. My husband and I have had boats (albeit 'gin palaces') for some 40 years, the last 25 moored on the Hamble and, although not claiming to begin to imagine feeling how Les did, I can remember the abject terror I felt, returning from Weymouth to the Hamble in an easterly force 7, especially approaching Portland Bill on the inside passage! His achievements therefore, in my book, were exemplory! As we now live near Lymington, I enquired recently of the harbour master if Les is still at the Haven. Yes he is and, with the weather down here at the moment, it must feel like he is back in the Southern Ocean! All power to the marina for their generousity in accommodating Solitaire. Their gesture is very unmarinalike in my view!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8