Profile for Pawel Szymanski > Reviews

Only Fools and Horses - The Complete Series 1-7 [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ David Jason
Offered by NO_LIMITS

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, 8 Feb 2013
I got this box from Amazon in 2009 at around 25 quid.

Surprisingly, this sitcom ranked first in BBC survey for top 100 British sitcoms. IMHO it is definietly overrated. There are so many better comedies, but that's of course a matter of individual taste.

I wouldn't recommended it for a laugh:( My taste: Big Bang Theory, The Office (US and UK, but US better), Fawlty Towers, Mrs Brown's Boys, One Foot In The Grave, Extras.

The Italian Job - 40th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [1969]
The Italian Job - 40th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [1969]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have classic, 8 Feb 2013
The film is great, the trasfer to HD is fine. The price around 7-8 quid is a bargain. This is the kind of film that is worth buying and watching every now and then.

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it, but I think you should go for the box set, 8 Feb 2013
I got it from Amazon for my wife and talked her into giving up the gym in favour of Jillian. She's extremely happy to have the DVD and excercises regularly with visible results. There are 3 graded workouts and each of them includes warmup and cooldown. Each of the workouts includes 3 options for beginner, intermediate and advanced gym goers, so to speak. So in all you get 9 levels of difficulty to choose from.

That said, I would recommend you Jillian Michaels Collection of DVDs (ASIN: B005ZCAZIK), which is being sold at 22 quid now. This is a real bargain and it includes the 30 Day Shred.

Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jason Flemyng

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have classic, 8 Feb 2013
One of the best gangster films, packed with action, humour and unpredictible twists. Keeps you rivetted to the very end. Highly recommended, worth every penny, at 8-9 quid a bargain compared to some other films.

The King of Comedy [DVD] [1982]
The King of Comedy [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Robert De Niro

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent watch but overrated, 8 Feb 2013
The film is good, it is not a comedy though. All in all I find the film a bit disappointing in this respect.

I got it from Amazon for around 4-5 quid, as far as I remember. Now it's 16 quid:) Not worth the price IMO. Worth watching, but I don't think it is the kind of film you watch over and over again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2013 1:42 PM GMT

Ghost Town [DVD]
Ghost Town [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ricky Gervais
Offered by gowingsstoreltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Ghost Town [DVD] (DVD)
The film is enjoyable. If you like Ricky Gervais you should go for it.

3,50 for this DVD is dirt cheap and it is definitely a safe buy.

The Richard Dawkins Collection (The Genius of Charles Darwin,  The Enemies of Reason and The Root of All Evil?) [DVD]
The Richard Dawkins Collection (The Genius of Charles Darwin, The Enemies of Reason and The Root of All Evil?) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Dawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 8 Feb 2013
For anyone even remotely interested in religion and/or evolution it is a concise, succinct and reliable source of information. Digestable, intellectually enjoyable (although could be rhetorically better at times) and thought provoking.

The League Of Gentlemen - Special Edition [1960] [DVD]
The League Of Gentlemen - Special Edition [1960] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Hawkins

3.0 out of 5 stars The film is great but it shouldn't be called a Special Edition - no subtitles, 8 Feb 2013
To do justice to the film let me say it really is a gem, highly recommended, if you are a native speaker.

Unfortunately, and I find it really outrageous, there are no subtitles, so if English is your second language bits and pieces of the dialgue may be lost on you. Also I find the extra material really boring.

I can't remember the price I paid, but now that I'm writing the review it is 8 quid - not worth it. 4-5 quid - go for it.

The Adventures Of Robin Hood  [DVD] [1938]
The Adventures Of Robin Hood [DVD] [1938]
Dvd ~ Errol Flynn
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars A good family movie, 8 Feb 2013
This film is ageless. I was sceptical a bit sceptical of it being fun but it is indeed a very solid piece of family entertainment. Whereas you shouldn't let your children watch the latest version of RH by R.Scott (too much violence) this is, as far as I remember, as safe and children-friendly as a teddy bear, and the dialogue is really really witty.

D'eux
D'eux

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: D'eux (Audio CD)
This album is a fabuolus treat. You don't have to like Celine to like the album. I once heard Celine Dion on TV singing a capella for the viewers I have respected and admired her ever since. Having said that I must admit I don't buy her albums and her songs aren't 100% to my taste, but this is an exception. I've had it like 15 years and I still find it as enjoyable as at the time I bought it - on tape, recently I got myself a CD from Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4