Profile for cjams > Reviews

Content by cjams

cjams

Languedoc - Roussillon (Cadogan Guides)
Languedoc - Roussillon (Cadogan Guides)
by Dana Facaros

4.0 out of 5 stars The best we could find on this area, 2 Oct 2013
This guide is thorough and well written with plenty of maps, a history of the area as well as descriptions of the sites to see. Unfortunately, because of the thoroughness, it is sometimes difficult to pick out the particular places that you would like to visit without reading the whole guide. All in all, it is the best guide we could find for this area of France and certainly helped us enjoy the holiday.

Adventures on a Motorcycle - gearing up for touring & camping
Adventures on a Motorcycle - gearing up for touring & camping
by Richard Mawson

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starting point when preparing for a motorcycle tour, 15 May 2013
I am planning a trip to France in September and wanted a book that took me through the requirements and the equipment I would need. This book does exactly that. It is clearly laid out, up to date and gives examples of equipment across a wide price band. The layout allows the reader to skip the sections that are of no interest (cooking equipment for us) but goes into enough detail to allow you to make informed decisions about what to take and what you don't need. If you are planning your first motorcycle tour or your first one didn't go so well, then this book should help. If there were more colour photographs it would have got 5 stars.

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
by Dave Myers

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty food which is easy to cook, 28 Aug 2012
I have used this book for just over two weeks and I have lost 5 pounds. The recipes are simple to follow and contain products that you can find at your local supermarket. As others have said, the real secret of dieting is portion control. With the recipes in this book you know how much you should serve per person and because there are 2 of us in the house I now have a freezer full of 'ready meals' which means I do not need to cook for a whole week.

The Coarse Fishing Handbook: A Guide to Freshwater Angling
The Coarse Fishing Handbook: A Guide to Freshwater Angling
by Tony Miles

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a mess, 26 Jan 2012
This book appears to be unclear as to who it is aimed at and the order of the information is haphazard. I was surprised to see information about fish breeds and how to catch them before the subject of equipment, licences, basic methods, etc had been dealt with. I have not been coarse fishing for 30 years and I was looking for a book help me get back into it, this is not that book.

With a good edit and a clearer purpose this could be an excellent manual for the new angler, but as it stands it only deserves 2 stars.