Profile for SFBooks > Reviews

Content by SFBooks

SFBooks

TaoTronics® TT-BA01 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Stereo Music Transmitter (Not A Bluetooth Receiver) for 3.5mm Audio Devices (iPod, MP3/MP4, TV, Media Player)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten ouf of ten for this nice lettle device!, 5 May 2014
This is a remarkable little device. (And very reasonably priced). I bought one for my wife at the same time and she also gives it 5-stars.Between us we must have tried it on six or seven quite different items of hardware. On every occasion it 'coupled' without issue and works perfectly. To be thoroughly recommended.

Kindle Paperwhite 3G, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Free 3G + Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream machine, 7 Dec 2012
I already had an older Kindle and a tablet with Kindle app. The Paperwhite meets every one of my needs. I can use it in bright sunlight, in bed with limited light etc. Perfect!

Windows 8 Pro, Upgrade Edition [Upgrade from Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7] (PC)
Offered by Esale Express

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 7 Dec 2012
I am a Microsoft fan but this latest version of Windows does not help me despite much effort on my part. As usual it is technically clever. However for every day use particularly on the desk tops it slow down everything. On my tablets, it is 'cute' but does nothing for efficiency.

Silenced
Silenced

4.0 out of 5 stars You will not put this one down, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Silenced (Kindle Edition)
My thanks to Amazon for this one. I probably would not have noticed it otherwise. It is a most entertaining read. An important factor is that is it all seems realistic and not far-fetched. This is probably because the author relies on her professional experience.

7 Days
7 Days

4.0 out of 5 stars Make flying enjoyable, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: 7 Days (Kindle Edition)
I wanted something to read on some airline flights. Not too 'heavy' but gripping and entertaining. 7 Days turned out to be ideal. I was 'gripped' by the story line within seconds. If you are looking for an enjoyable realistic crime novel - then I recommend this one.

Chess (Penguin Mini Modern Classics)
Chess (Penguin Mini Modern Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Check it out mate!, 21 July 2012
I cannot recommend this enough. It is well known in Germany but not so well known here. An iterest in chess is not needed to enjoy this very readable 'middle-length' story that has most original but plausible plot. The story does begin amid the cruelty of the 'Third Reich', but on reflection it becomes clear that this could have happened in any situation where an individual has only very restricted access to society and stimulus. Most readers will be 'hooked' within a few pages.

The Wartime Journals
The Wartime Journals
by Hugh Trevor-Roper

4.0 out of 5 stars Trevor-Roper, 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Wartime Journals (Hardcover)
This is not the easiest of 'reads', but well worth the effort. It provides so much information and so many insights that do not appear in the many history tesxs that describe this era. The book has certianly spurred me on to investigate further. On a diferent level it is interesting to gain insights into the individual himself; a very atypical person.