Profile for Craig m Laird > Reviews

Mary Star Of The Sea
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 April 2003
This review is from: Mary Star Of The Sea (Audio CD)
I first heard of the band & was a little excited at the prospect of Billy returning,I thought he'd just spoil his repuatation.However, upon hearing the album I now know I was wrong, very wrong!
This is like all Pumpkins albums a long one but thats were the simalarities end.You can only hear a glimpse of the pumpkins style in some solos and a few riffs.This is very orignal & very different to the pumpkins.Lyric is a great exapmple of what the rest of the album is about,pop-punk-rock.
My favourite song is def Jesus I/Mary Star of the Sea a 14 min. long genuis song which hits the listner in all the right places.
Look Iam rambling just get the album & decide for yourself

Diorama
Diorama
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars New sound tears right through you, 20 July 2002
This review is from: Diorama (Audio CD)
I first heard of Silverchair when they released Freak Show, which was great. I eagerly anticipated their next album, Neon Ballroom, that was even better because they seemed to have grown up & put more meaning into their lyrics.
Obvioulsy I was looking forward to Diorama, but when I actualy heard it, it was amazing. I was going through a depression at the time but once I had listened to this album it gave me a glimpse of hope. That may sound cheesy but it realy did. This may well be their best piece of music that they have written, with beautiful lyrics, at points harsh guitar riffs & even orchestra through out the album.
This album is so uplifting & realy does suck you into a world of its own.
I would recommend it to any one that likes meaningful lyrics & brilliant riffs.