Profile for Gold not paper > Reviews

Content by Gold not paper

Gold not paper

Options Trading: The Ultimate Guide To Making A Profit With Stock Options. Proven Methods.
by Ken McLinton

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming, 6 Dec. 2015
As a newbie to buying puts and calls (based on tips from a trading service I subscribe to) I wanted to understand more about them. This book covers the basics but not a lot more and added little to my knowledge. In fact on receipt I opened it, flicked through it and realised it wasn't what I was after. Being an American book it doesn't even discuss the difference between European and American style options.

I was also underwhelmed by the value for money, the 58 pages are printed in large type and you could read and digest the whole thing easily in a couple of hours. The whole book has the feel of an ebook and no surprise that's how it started out, probably as a PDF on the web.

If you struggle with this easy book, stay away from options!

The Complete Guide to Playing Blues Guitar: Compilation: Volume 4 (Play Blues Guitar)
by Joseph Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 24 Nov. 2015
I have bought several of the guitar books by Joseph Alexander and all are excellent. I've been struggling with the guitar for over 30 years and these are the best books I've come across. The ability to download the audio examples to my iPad and listen to them while reading the tab or to play alongside is an excellent aid and has accelerated my learning. Highly recommended.

2014:  Last Chance to Conquer The Crash: You Can Survive and Prosper in the Deflationary Depression
2014: Last Chance to Conquer The Crash: You Can Survive and Prosper in the Deflationary Depression
by Mr. Robert R Prechter Jr

5.0 out of 5 stars Act now!, 18 July 2015
It's July 2015 as I write this. Since reading this book I now subscribe to updates from Robert Prechter's website elliottwave.com and reckon we probably have about three months before the US stock markets turn decisively and massively to the downside, taking many of the European and other indexes with them. So you need to get this book quickly and act now. But be warned that you may do things you wouldn't imagine. Within four months of reading this I'd sold every stock I had, put my ISAs and pension funds in cash funds, flown to Zurich and opened an AAA-rated bank account, bought a huge amount of gold and am keeping a decent amount of cash and silver coins securely at home.

It won't be long before the UK, US, Europe and Japan are like Greece, the too big to bail banking system has collapsed and the 1930s look good in comparison. Act now and treat this book as your bible.

Absolute Dissent
Absolute Dissent

5.0 out of 5 stars Killing Joke reach career peak after over 30 years!, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Absolute Dissent (Audio CD)
After more than 30 years in the game, Killing Joke produced their finest album. They have been responsible for some great stuff but have also produced more than their fair share of monotonous dirges. This album is different, it's a full on sonic assault from the first beautiful moment to the last! It's the sonic equivalent of a knuckle duster inside a velvet glove, brutal but gorgeous.

The Art Of McCartney (Amazon Deluxe Exclusive)
The Art Of McCartney (Amazon Deluxe Exclusive)

5.0 out of 5 stars This album has some really excellent tracks on it and would be a good buy ..., 17 Nov. 2014
This album has some really excellent tracks on it and would be a good buy even if you are not a big fan of McCartney's. If you are, it's probably even better. The Paul Rodgers cover of Let Me Roll It is superb and I'd be surprised if Roger Daltrey didn't give himself a hernia signing Helter Skelter, he really couldn't have given any more!

The CAGED System and 100 Licks for Blues Guitar: Learn To Play The Blues Your Way!
by Joseph Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars Will definitely help you progress!, 4 Sept. 2014
Great way to learn. After 30 years of messing around the wife bought me an Ibanez semi-acoustic and huge Blackstar amp for my 50th birthday so I thought I'd better get serious. I bought this and it has really helped me learn. I wish this kind of book had been around when I first started out. The combination of audio samples easily downloaded to my iPad and the clear explanations in the book work well together and have also helped with my ability to read tab. I'm more of a rock fan than blues but the audio samples alone have made me want to track down some great blues CDs. Highly recommended. I have already bought one of his other books which is great too, and have a few more on my wishlist.

KiwiBird® NEW 8 pin 5-in-1 Digital Camera Card Reader with 130mm Convenient Cable for Apple iPad 4/ iPad Air/ iPad mini/ iPad mini 2 with Retina Display | Supports Micro SD(TF)/ SDHC/ Mini SD/ MS DUO (SONY)/ MMC/ M2 Card | Supports MPEG-4/H.264 Videos and JPEG/RAW Photos [12-Month Warranty]
Offered by KiWiBiRD Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad Air, 10 Dec. 2013
I read the other reviews so was a bit wary that this might not work, but it worked perfectly first time downloading from a micro SD card to my new iPad Air
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2014 3:19 PM BST