Profile for Tony > Reviews

World War Z [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Price: 5.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I felt like crying., 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: World War Z [DVD] (DVD)
As I write this I write it with heavy heart. After hearing this film was being made and seeing it filmed near where I live, I decided to buy the book and was blown away, and have now read it several times its that good. And so I sat down yesterday excited to see this movie.....2 hours later felt robbed of both time and money.

What survives of the book, well there's zombies and a journalist, and a couple of lines of dialogue from the Israel section minutes before everything about that section was disregarded by the film-makers.

So sad the book was so made for movies, incredible action (go read Yonkers), amazing drama, tears, joy and finally a sense that however dark it gets for mankind he eventually pulls together and overcomes but at a cost. The book is both depressing and uplifting at the same time. But what we get in the film is as one reviewer put it Brad Pitt and his luggage saves the world.

Lets put it this way I'm a Harry Potter and Lord of the rings book fan, loved the movies. World war Z is now one of my favourite books yet this big screen interpretation leaves me cold.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2013 9:12 PM BST

Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight
Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE
Price: 5.85

1.0 out of 5 stars The greatest game franchise ever goes flop!, 25 Mar 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not going to bore you with all the detail that other reviewers have written (all the one or two starrers are right so why repeat). What I will say is, I had the excitement of the postie knocking my door and handing me the game (a late Christmas present) the mad dash to load it, followed by having to wait two days to play it as the servers at EA were so bad. And then to top it all I discovered (when it finally allowed me to play) that they'd taken all the elements of the game we loved out.

Anti-Climax of the year goes to........

The Settlers: Heritage of Kings (PC)
The Settlers: Heritage of Kings (PC)
Offered by media-4-u
Price: 4.09

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it looks, 15 Feb 2005
I've just got through playing the demo of this and was disappointed. Settlers was good because you had to micromanage the village to make it work well providing hours of gameplay, which made it stand out from other games in the genre that focus on speed.Also the graphics were cute and it was fun to watch the little dudes go about there business (how do you spell that word).
The new game tries to be more adult in its graphics and more like other rts's in its management structure and gameplay taking half the fun out the game at the same time.
Playing the game was boring and I found flaws in the gameplay that meant a monkey could win the one level demoed.
Ubi claim that they have not called the game settlers 5 as it is not a continuation of the series, then why try to tie it in by using the franchise name.
If you are not a fan of settlers 1-4 you may well enjoy this game, if you are a fan steer clear I will be.