Profile for AyJay > Reviews

Content by AyJay
Top Reviewer Ranking: 815

AyJay (United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SODIAL(TM) 20pcs White Professional Cosmetic Makeup Make up Brush Brushes Set Kit With Pink Bag Case
Offered by A Brilliant Planet
Price: 7.32

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy...‏, 4 July 2014
I wasn't sure about ordering this set,but now I'm so glad I did; they look (my brush handles are lilac, not white) and feel really nice and expensive. The bristles are soft, non sracthy/ithy, and havent shead on me. They wash well, and haven't lost their shape. Numerous customers have commented on the door and plasticky feel of the brush case on reviews of similar brush sets by the same company, so I actually went out and bought a cosmetic bag to carry my brushes in. However when my brushes arrived I found myself pleasantly surprised - the provided case only had a slight plasticky odor (which gradually fades), looks/feels no worse then anything else that is pleather, so does a good job storing the brushes whilst keeping them clean.

The only slight criticism I have is that the bristles on the stippling-type brush are a bit too long, and are too soft/bendy in comparison to other stippling brushes I've used. But, having said that, it is still a good brush to use (I like applying cream blushers with it).

Delivery took around a fortnight with me, so bare that in mind if you are buying your set as a gift.

SODIAL(R) Cool Punk Gothic Big Skeleton Hand Shining Silver Stud Earring--1 Pair
Offered by POP GATE(Ships From HongKong)
Price: 0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a quick review to let customers know...‏, 4 July 2014
The earrings come in a little plastic bag, so if you want to order these as a gift for someone you'll need to find a nice box or pouch separately. My order took 8 days to arrive.

I'm very pleased with my purchase; I was worried that they may be heavy, but they're nice & light and haven't discoloured my skin. They don't look as cheap as they are, so I may buy more as gifts for people.

Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Price: 21.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A top gift choice...‏, 4 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This will be a short review as there isn't much to add to the information already provided, and it's not like a razor isnt simple to use...

Yes, I admit it... I'm one of 'those' women - the one that nicks the 'mens' razor to use. Why? To put it simply, mens razors are better. The results are smoother, seem to last a extra day or two and - most importantly - the blades are protected and the grip on the handle is more effective, so there's less chance of getting sliced and diced in the quest for smooth legs.

I especially chose this for review as I wanted to see and feel the look and design of this model - and it's packaging - to see if this would make a good gift idea. Buying for the men I know is always a pain, but I think that this is a great option; the box it comes in is uncluttered and classy, the razor design looks and feels expensive, and most importantly it works well.

Oral-B 4000 Braun PRO CrossAction 4-Mode Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Oral-B 4000 Braun PRO CrossAction 4-Mode Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 94.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best electric toothbrush that I've used..., 4 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What sets this apart from the electric toothbrushes I've used in the past is the fact that this has 4 different brush-stroke modes, and that I don't feel that uncomfortable vibrating tingle, but the brush does vibrate quickly in all 4 settings.

The bristles on the brush are soft, but not bendy, so even those of us with very sensitive gums won't suffer from bleeding - no matter which setting is currently being used. The bristles are also various lengths, so that the brush glides over EVERY part of your teeth, so after brushing my mouth felt much cleaner and fresher than it usually does after brushing.

It all means that I could see - and feel - the increase in my teeth's whiteness within just one week. Add in the fact that the brush has good charge and is half the RRP on Amazon, and you have a good buy.

Wedding Cake and Big Mistakes (An Adams Grove Novel)
Wedding Cake and Big Mistakes (An Adams Grove Novel)
by Nancy Naigle
Price: 7.64

4.0 out of 5 stars The series keeps on growing stronger...‏, 4 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Each book in the series is a stand alone mystery and romance, so it isn't a problem if you miss a book.

_

The biggest plus point in this series is that the author writes relatable leads that are hardly ever annoying to me. I could understand why she made the choices and actions she made; when I don't click with the lead and understand their desisions from an early point I'm bound to end up frustrated and wishing that they were real so that I could slap them.

I also liked that the romantic element isn't the I-looked-into-his-eyes-once-and-lost-my-heart-and-brain type of fairytale rubbish, so that's great. I do feel that the mystery subplot takes second place to the romance and family drama, so it isn't anything a amazing or complex. However it isn't insulting-to-readers-intelligence-levels either, so it was entertaining enough for me.
_

I didn't have any major complaints with the character or the plot, I just have the same niggle I did with the other series entry I read; the way that almost everyone tended to verge towards being too sugary sweet and nice. I don't need all my books to be ultraviolent and have the characters talk to each other in ways that would make Sex & The City script writers blush, but all of the fluffiness didn't strike me as being real at times; it was a bit like a Disney movie at points.

Sweet Tea and Secrets (An Adams Grove Novel)
Sweet Tea and Secrets (An Adams Grove Novel)
by Nancy Naigle
Price: 7.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid start to the series...‏, 4 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The biggest plus point for Sweet Tea And Secrets is that I didn't find the lead - Jill - annoying, and could understand why she made the choices and actions she made; when I don't click with the lead and understand their decisions from an early point I'm bound to end up frustrated and wishing that they were real so that I could slap them.

I also liked that the romantic element was between characters who had known each other for years, instead of I-looked-into-his-eyes-once-and-lost-my-heart-and-brain fairytale rubbish.

I feel that the mystery subplot takes second place to the romance and family drama, so it isn't anything a amazing or complex. However it isn't insulting-to-readers-intelligence-levels either, so it was entertaining enough for me.
_

I didn't have any complaints with the character or the plot - except for the way that almost everyone tended to verge towards being too sweet and nice to each other. I don't need all my books to be ultraviolent and have the characters talk to each other in ways that would make Sex & The City script writers blush, but all of the fluffiness didn't strike me as being real at times; it was a bit like a Disney movie at points.

Ring RCT1 European Travel Kit
Ring RCT1 European Travel Kit
Price: 25.80

5.0 out of 5 stars A great thing to buy to hopefully never use...‏, 1 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you've ever had your car break down in the middle of nowhere then you can imagine how much better I feel now that I have this kit permanently living in the boot. This is definitely the kind of kit you'll hopefully never need, but just knowing that the major must-haves in the event of another late-night-lonely-area breakdown are there if I should need them is a major weight of my mind.

This kit in particular is a great choice mainly because of the price; buying the items here separably - in a similar good quality - would cost you way more then 40.

Paris Hilton Passport In South Beach Eau De Toilette 30ml
Paris Hilton Passport In South Beach Eau De Toilette 30ml
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for everyday wear..., 1 July 2014
SOUTH BEACH is pure sweet citrus for the first five to ten minutes. As well as the nectarine, I do think there is some grapefruit in here too, as there is a tart under-bite to the long sweet-but-fresh note. The opening really suits the name, packaging and theme to SOUTH BEACH - it's bright, warm and cheerful, even when it's dull, cold and wet outside.

The jasmine is thankfully the sheerest floral note and is almost completely hidden by the lingering citrus, allowing the other floral notes to take center stage. On me it is actually the delicate and slightly watery lotus notes that are the strongest, followed quickly by the osmanthus, which combines with both the watery lotus and remaining fruit perfectly. The freesia is almost as sheer as the jasmine but it is there and I think there is some orange blossom and possibly some neroli too. I'm not sure what marigold smells like, so maybe I'm confusing it with neroli or orange blossom.

The sandalwood and other wood notes combine with the florals and develop within an hour. The wood mix has a creamy undertone and sometimes I can catch a hint of what I think is coconut water, but it's very mild and comes and goes, and I can't be too sure if my nose is tricking me, or if it's really there. The mild breeze of musk becomes noticeable at the ame time as the woods develop, so whilst I'm not a fan of musky notes, it doesn't bother me here.

Official scent notes: Nectarine, lotus, white freesia, osmanthus, marigold, jasmine, Australian sandalwood, musk and blonde woods.

_

SOUTH BEACH reminded me of something else straightaway, but it took me a few wears to place - Jennifer Lopez Love & Glamour. Or rather, this is what Love & Glamour should have been like; the floral notes are more developed in SOUTH BEACH, the wood notes are less one dimensional, and the lasting power is better. While Love & Glamour seems casual and decidedly unglamorous, SOUTH BEACH has a air of pampered luxury about it.

PASSPORT SOUTH BEACH is like Passport Paris in that it reminds me of something else. But as this is wearable all year round, suits all occasions and is reasonably priced I'm very happy with my purchase overall, and will be re-buying it over the scent-a-likes.

Paris Hilton Passport In Tokyo Eau De Toilette 30ml
Paris Hilton Passport In Tokyo Eau De Toilette 30ml
Price: 4.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile fragrance..., 1 July 2014
TOKYO is almost pure citrus for the first five to ten minutes. As well as the starring lemon note, there is enough apple here to soften the tart under-bite to the long sweet-but-fresh note.

It is actually the watery orange blossom note that is the strongest, followed quickly by the frangipani, which combines with both the watery orange blossom and remaining lemon note perfectly. The jasmine is almost as sheer as the iris, but it is there and I think there is some some neroli mixed in with everything too.

The sandalwood and cedar notes combine develop quickly [within 30 minutes]. The mild breeze of musk becomes noticeable at the same time as the woods develop, so whilst I'm not a fan of musky notes, it doesn't bother me here.

Official scent notes: Lemon, red apple, frangipani, iris, orange blossom, jasmine, golden cedar, clear musk and sandalwood.

The best thing about the Passport collection has been the great lasting power and TOKYO is no exception; It burns down in between four to six hours. It does go fairly close to the skin quicker then the other fragrances in the Passport collection [within two hours], but other people still notice it.

TOKYO is quite a versatile fragrance, perhaps the most versatile in the Passport collection. It is fresh, airy and light for spring/summer, but I also like the icy jolt I get by wearing in the cool autumn/winter mornings. The cedar note is also something I like in colder weather fragrances, so that's a bonus.

I've found that I wear TOKYO in the daytime, rather then for evening. The long lemon note is so fresh and energizing, so it's great for a "get up and go" work perfume, but it's certainly not something to look for in a evening fragrance.

I don't honestly know if I'll replace my bottle of TOKYO when I finish my bottle, as it does have the weakest floral notes out of the Passport releases. I have received compliments on it from different people and I do like the cedar note, so I may give it anther go as it's cheap to buy. For the price it is well made and it isn't too young, so if you dislike sweet or overly floral releases then TOKYO is well worth a spritz.

Paris Hilton Tease EDP Spray 50ml
Paris Hilton Tease EDP Spray 50ml
Offered by Kt Cutprice Ltd
Price: 8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a TEASE..., 1 July 2014
On first application the perfume's strongest note is the apple. The official scent notes point out that it is actually Fuji apple, but I remember Fuji apples as being sweet whilst the apple here is not at all sweet; In fact it's sharp I'll point out that it's not too sharp, so while the peach isn't strong enough to separate on it's own merit it's there balancing out the apple.

The citrussy bergamot blends in with the apple so thoroughly that the top notes don't seem to burn down, so as the floral notes in the heart notes develop they take a back seat. The notes are blended together very well, but I can detect what I'm quite sure is gardenia and lily. I also think that there is tuberose present, but am less sure about that because it is unusually subtle if it is.

The base is close to the skin, so the fruit finally dies down. There is musk in here too, so the amber and creamy woods don't really sweeten the fragrance up. The most interesting aspect to the fragrance does become more noticeable as the fruits and florals die down, their version of hot sand. I can't fully describe this scent note; it's similar to how a cotton tee smells when it's just come out of the tumble dryer - the fibers smell 'heated'. Anyway that's the same scent note that is in this perfume, a organic heat.

_

Scent notes: Fuji apple, white peach, bergamot, white flowers, amber, blond wood and hot sand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20