Profile for AyJay > Reviews

Content by AyJay
Top Reviewer Ranking: 634

AyJay (United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Always Discreet Large Incontinence Pants - Pack of 80
Always Discreet Large Incontinence Pants - Pack of 80

5.0 out of 5 stars ..., 24 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an embarrassing item to have to review, isn't it? A change in medication screwed up things in my body, and these have greatly improved my confidence; they are comfortable, don't leak, aren't visible under clothes, and don't make that embarrassing 'rustling' noise when you move.

This isn't a product that people want, but if you need it then this is a fantastic choice.

Revlon Bronzer Bronzilla - 5 g
Revlon Bronzer Bronzilla - 5 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally; a bronzer that doesn't leave me orange..., 19 Feb. 2015
Bronzilla is a warm light/medium tan, bronze shade, with a satin finish, that gives a glowy, non-orange light bronze dusting to my skin. The fact that this bronzer has no shimmer also makes it ideal for using as a contour powder - just don't tap the excess of the brush as thoroughly as you would when using this as a blusher beforehand, as the satin finish makes this product lend in with so easily that creating shadows with it takes a bit of getting used to. Finally - when Bronzilla is applied to my eyelids it gives a soft tan finish.

I never used to be into bronzer because I'm so fair-skinned, but I use this almost every time I wear makeup as it can be used three ways.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Philips Ladyshave
Philips Ladyshave

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, effective, and pain-free..., 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Philips Ladyshave (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I mainly use an epilator for hair removal , but use the dry shaver attachment on, ahem, sensitive areas. However I dropped it when i had the shaving head attached and broke the head, so I shopped around for a new shaver. I bought the Babyliss Silky Smooth Shaver and hated it - if you held it against your skin too firmly the shaver head would push back into the shaver, jamming the device and causing it to turn itself off. By 'pressing firmly' I mean barely holding it to my skin - it was almost unusable. However I'd thrown the box away and couldn't return it, so kept it around for emergencies.

But now I can throw the almost useless thing away as the Phillips Ladyshave is so much better; applying pressure as you hold it against your skin doesn't cause the shaving head to shift and/or jam, and it doesn't tug or scratch skin either. This is a great shaver to keep in your bedside drawer for when you're in a rush and don't have time to wet shave or epilate, as you don't need to run this repeatedly over the same area before this picks up the hairs, so the Ladyshave makes a fast, effective, and pain-free hair remover to accompany my epilating routine.

Aussie Shower Smoothie Body Wash Shower Gel 250 ml
Aussie Shower Smoothie Body Wash Shower Gel 250 ml
Offered by Your247Chemist

4.0 out of 5 stars Do you remember those fruity bubblegum balls that were sold in strips?, 16 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I regularly use Aussie's Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner, even though it doesn't do much for my hair, as I love the smell - remember those fruity bubblegum balls that were sold in strips? The fragrance reminds me of those. This explains why my main motivation for picking this product to try was "Oh! I wonder if it smells the same?" I can now confirm that the answer is yes. Yes it does.

Apart from that, there isn't much to say; this shower gel is of a good quality and I enjoy using it, but it isn't anything that is outstanding. It lathers well [but not too much], the fragrance fills the bathroom and lingers on skin for a little while, the formula doesn't irritate my skin, and it doesn't leave a greasy film on my skin. The bit that made me remove a star is that whilst I haven't noticed an increase in my dry skin after using this shower gel, I haven't noticed any improvement in it which this is meant to help with. Still; this is nice for what it is, and as I'm a sucker for fragranced bathroom I'll happily continue to use it.

Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain - Parisian Passion
Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain - Parisian Passion

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't have everything here; so do you prefer comfort or lasting power?, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The good news; Revlon's Moisture Stain applies and feels like a traditional gloss - it's nice and moisturizing, but not slippy or greasy. I also really like the shape of the wand as it's somewhere between a doe-foot and a heart; the perfect shape for applying the stain neatly and evenly onto lips. However to achieve the comfort and moisturizing effect, the lasting power to the formula has to take a hit [I'm trialing Parisian Passion]. For me the Colorstay stain doesn't old up against other stains I own, with an average of four to five hours on my lips before the hue fades enough to need refreshing.

Although I really enjoy wearing this stain and am highly likely to buy more as I prefer the comfort of this formula over my other more dry-feeling stains, I do feel like I should remove a star as this stain doesn't have the staying power that Revlon's own original Just Bitten stains had - they lasted up to eight hours on me and did't feel overly drying.

Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush - 12.4 g, Charmed
Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush - 12.4 g, Charmed

3.0 out of 5 stars Charmed, I'm [not] sure..., 6 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love very other product I've tried in the Revlon Photoready line so I thought that the cream blushes would be just as good, but my experience with it turned out underwhelming. I'm reluctant to say that this a bad product, as the formula is top-notch in how well it applies; it so extremely easy to blend into skin, perhaps too easy...

The way the formula blends so well and melts explains my problem with Charmed. The shade is a rosy pink, and I fell in love with this colour as soon as I applied it, so I was upset by the lasting power; the blush can barely last five/six hours on skin - and my skin is very dry. I've tried setting the blush with powder, but that doesn't make any difference to the wearing time.

I've rated the blush 3 stars as I will continue to wear it - only on days I'll just be out for a few hours, as I just don't find it suitable for a 'all day' look eg work. Such a shame the colour pay off is so iffy, as the blush give my cheeks a nice luminous glow in addition to the colour.

Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Pink
Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect bed-time buddy..., 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
... is here. A cuddly soft toy that both lights up and plays music for under £20? Yes please. As well as having the above mentioned features, the owl is appealingly coloured, is lightweight, and doesn't have removable eyes or nose, so we don't have to worry about my youngest family member putting him in her mouth for comfort as she goes through her teething stage. When she is in her cot, or on her playmat this totally captures her interest and distracts her when she's crying. A new-found gem.

As well as our youngest loving her new owl, I do too; I simply take a warm, damp cloth and that is enough to clean the owl on a daily basis, and a anti-bacterial wipe once or twice a week.

Remington H9096 Silk Rollers
Remington H9096 Silk Rollers

5.0 out of 5 stars Hair we go again..., 4 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
No more time using traditional rollers on damp hair and no more painful tangles with a hot brush or curling with with these babies; you get 20 ceramic rollers in the set [12 large rollers and 8 medium sized ones], which come with butterfly clips that also heat up - this is great as this means they don't give my curls a misshapen 'bump', like my non-heated clip rollers sometimes did.

Simply turn on the base unit, and within five minutes the rollers are fully heated and I'm ready to go. Then its just a case of setting them in my hair, putting my makeup on, then removing the rollers and finger-combing my hair. ta-da, I'm then ready to go. After use the rollers are stored in the base (which has a lid), so my cat and dog's can't wonder along and burn their noses!!

After trying the rollers a few times I now recommend leaving the rollers in your hair for at least 15 minutes to set the curls (the box says just 5 minutes). I love the fact there are more of the larger rollers. When I haven't got the time (or effort - I'm lazier with my hair, then with makeup) to use all sizes together for a curly style, I can use a few of the larger ones to create a loose wave and body in my hair.

Look What the Wind Blew In (A Dig Site Mystery Book 1)
Look What the Wind Blew In (A Dig Site Mystery Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dig in..., 4 Feb. 2015
The author has spent a great deal of time fleshing out the cast of secondary characters, so Look What the Wind Blew In is more than a mystery; there is comedy, drama and romance as well - the other characters still manage to have independent lives and dramas, without the facts being recounted through the two leads. On a similar note; I like how humorous the book is, and how smoothly the laugh-out-loud comments and scenes flow; they don't read like they have been inserted forcefully into the plot, just for the sake of a cheap giggle. It makes a perfect inclusion for preventing the pace from dragging at certain points.

I really want to give Look What the Wind Blew In the full five stars since it is such a entertaining read, but I can't as I felt that the plot does move slowly for the first third of the book. This is the first book in a series, so the author does spend a large part of the book introducing characters and describing their work and Mayan culture in general. I like all of the characters, so I enjoyed getting to know everyone, but if you don't take to any of the characters you'll find the pace frustrating.

Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow - 4.8 g, Addictive
Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow - 4.8 g, Addictive

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it [500] Addictive?, 2 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
All of the shades are a satiny matte and finely grained, and apply so creamily that they seem to melt like butter on hot bread. And as you'd expect from such a rich shadow the application and blending ability is also great, but that is where my disappointment with the quad likely lies - the shades aren't very pigmented as the shadow seems to melt into my skin. The plus side to this is that this means that the colour selections are all highly wearable, so you need to decide if the colour payoff beats application; are you a fan of sheer, subtle washes of colour? Is blendability the most important aspect of eyeshadow for you?

I think the shades will suit most skintones [I'm not sure how the shades would look on darker skin, but I suspect that it would look ashy], the shades can be used any day & for any occasion, all of the shades go with every eye colour and the wear of the shadows is very impressive. I'm completely stuck on the fence with this compact: I like it & will use it regularly as it is so easy to work with‏, but there is no way that I feel able to recommend this product to others.

At the end of the day at this price point there are many better alternatives you can buy for example Rimmel, Maybelline, L'Oreal and Collection have better colour combinations. Superdrug sells Makeup Revolution, and I Heart Makeup and their eyeshadow palettes have up to 32 shades in for the same price. The basic colours in the Revlon quads are also replicated by these brands - there's nothing unique here at all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20