Profile for Steve Knight > Reviews

Chickenfoot III
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 13.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Came Closer, 22 Aug 2012
This review is from: Chickenfoot III (Audio CD)
I recently bought both III and Van Halen's 'Different Kind Of Truth', and I'm happy to say the 'Foot nails it harder than VH does these days.

It's a music genre that's kind-of passed, we all know that, but the 'Foot seems to be a far and away rooted in the now lyrically and conceptually than VH.

Why not 5 stars? Well for my taste the track 'Three and a half letters' is crass. I get it, but it feels cheap. But hey, I'm sure some people probably feel it speaks. I don't.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2012 9:03 AM GMT

Vital Signs
Vital Signs
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.91

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the singer AND the song, 19 Aug 2011
This review is from: Vital Signs (Audio CD)
In the 80s I had a few albums by Survivor (and no, one of them wasn't 'Tiger'!) but for some reason I never had this one. This album is, in my opinion, one of their best.

Having said that, and listening to it with older ears, there are a few tracks that have aged better than others. As other reviewers have pointed out Jamison is quite exceptional and this album underlines it. However, "It's the singer AND the song".

Worlds collide
Worlds collide
Price: 7.87

4.0 out of 5 stars More stand-out than put-out, 18 Aug 2011
This review is from: Worlds collide (Audio CD)
I'm an occasional AOR fan and I can honestly say that I had never heard of Unruly Child. But I had heard of Signal so after researching the connection I gave this a spin.

There are more stand out tracks on here than there are cheesey 80s throw-backs. Some great hooks and the obligatory AOR key changes just where you want them. Definitely worth the investment.

Skyscraper
Skyscraper
Price: 6.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Damn good times, 11 Aug 2005
This review is from: Skyscraper (Audio CD)
I bought this album on tape when it came out in 1988 and loved it.
Now with the benefit of old(-er) age I started listening to it again. And I have to say it's still damn good. True there are some cheesey tracks on it (Just a gigolo), some plain bad tracks (Skyscraper) but what's left is a good selection of tracks which makes the album worth buying (Damn good times, Knucklebones, Just like paradise, Hina, Stand up ...).
I'm still not decided whether Diamond Dave or Steve Vai is the real talent but I have to admit they laid down some good tracks during their time together.