Profile for Zeeteex > Reviews

Parrot Zik Headphones Hard Shell Case with Zip Closure in Black and Grey
Parrot Zik Headphones Hard Shell Case with Zip Closure in Black and Grey
Offered by Gee Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 May 2014
Awesome carry case companion for my Zik's! Its a bit of a nuisance that a case like this doesn't come as standard with the Ziks, but i shan't complain too much about that, they do their job, are very sturdy and are great for portability :)

Parrot Zik by Philippe Starck Wireless Headphones - Black/Silver
Parrot Zik by Philippe Starck Wireless Headphones - Black/Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Silly Good. Not even fair to the rest!, 10 April 2014
Firstly I would like to point out that I bought these from amazon for £209.99. I think this was a one day offer or something because the price rose the day after. £210 is an unbelivable price for these headphones and I cannot quite believe I managed it!

I own a pair of beyerdynamic DT990 Pro's for my audiophile listening and in my house there is also a set of the Bose Quiet Comfort 3's (just small form factor qc15's). The Parrots will be replacing my old Sennheiser PX360's which served me rather well but I just really wanted a wireless set!

So this review is mainly going to be a direct comparison between my parrots and the qc3's, the closest competition in my opinion in terms of quality and price. (although not wireless!)

Form Factor - QC3's. This one is dependent on how you like your headphones, personally I like them with a bit of weight and to be over-ear. But admittedly the smaller and on-ear cups of the QC'3 are fantastically comfortable and you barely notice you are wearing them.

Battery - QC3's. For me, this was really not a big deal. I already use an android device daily and so charging the parrot was no issue at all and I actually prefer it, whereas the QC3's, while they last longer (hence the win) , you have to use silly proprietary connectors and remove the battery from the headphones to charge them. I have heard some people complain that 6 hours of use before flat is just not enough, but for me, I picked up an Anker Battery pack (12000mah) for about £25 which i take everywhere pretty much, and I use this to keep all my devices juiced :) 6 Hours is plenty, and that is with all of the features enabled! You can use both sets of headphones passively too (over wire with no effects/noise cancelling) which is nice.

Price - Parrot's. At the time of writing the Bose QC15's are £259.99 and in my experience you pay a £20 ish premium for the QC3's, and the Parrots were £249.00 (although like i said I got mine for £209.99)

Noice Cancelling - Tie. In my short experience the noise cancelling effect was equally as good on both sets. Both struggle to protect from the higher pitch tones, and both cover the deeper tones easily and completely. Both sets gave the little "hiss" when there was no song playing, but you barely notice it on either.

Sound Quality - Parrot's. Yes, this was a close one. And from stock I would suggest that they are pretty much equal. But the feature rich Parrot application is where the Parrots gain the advantage, you can pretty much completely change the sound of the headphones when you play with the EQ or the Orchestral effects... Its stunning! In my opinion neither are quite as superb as the Beyer's, but in their small size I would not expect them to be. The beyers are solely designed for home-audiophile/recording use. You cant exactly wear them while walking through town or on a plane :P

Aesthetics - Parrot's. Philippe Starck is a genius, undoubtedly. These headphones are a work of art! Matches function and form perfectly.

Features - Parrot's. By a country mile. Let me just answer this with a pair of lists:
Bose: Active Noise Cancelling, Passive Listening option.
Parrot's: NFC pairing connection, Active Noise Cancelling, Touch sensitive right ear pad, microphones for phone calls, jawbone sensor, clever parrot app, WIRELESS! Auto-pause, Auto-Power off, Auto bluetooth reconnect. And did I mention Wireless?!

I cannot overstate enough about how much better a set of wireless headphones are. You feel so free! You can move your head freely and without any restriction, no more untangling of wires and no more damaged connectors. Its now a must for me in terms of headphones...

Once you go wireless, you likely wont go back!

In summary:

These are THE best, all around headphones for under £500, and to be honest I don't actually think there is anything better on the market! Sure, there are headphones with better quality sound, and a nicer form factor, and (debatably) better noise cancelling, but to get better, you have to go more expensive, and none of those more expensive options all come together in such a fantastic looking and superb value-for money product. Are they worth £250? Definitely. Are they worth £300? Yeah! Should you buy anything else? No!

Star Wars Battlefront II (PC)
Star Wars Battlefront II (PC)
Offered by AllGoodDealz

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing as always, 9 April 2014
Even today this remains one of my all time favourite game, and it is better on the pc that ever before on the PS2 or Xbox! The space combat is still one of the best ever made and the actual gameplay is unbelievably fun! Still love it, 9 years on.

Toshiba HDTB110EK3BA 1TB Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 April 2014
Absolutely brilliant. I get read speeds of around 100MB/s and Write of about 60MB/s. Cant complain really at that! Greta size for the price as well and has survived some decent falls too! Very pleased, will probably be buying another.

Exterior "Viper" Style Race Sport Car Aluminium Antenna Aerial  Silver
Exterior "Viper" Style Race Sport Car Aluminium Antenna Aerial Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, 9 April 2014
Bought for a silver VW Up! I have always hated the length of the standard antennae you are given... And I wanted something a little different. I rarely use the radio so quality wasnt a big issue this was almost entirely aesthetics. And it looks good! Its sturdy, and it actually does work too! I don't think the signal is as good as the longer one, but hey, its £4!

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic!, 9 April 2014
I used to own a pair of Soundmagic PL30's for the gym and general exercise until they came to a clumsy end when on holiday, so I realised I had to delve once more into the world of in-ear headphones. I had my eye on a set of beyerdynamic dtx60's for a while now, but i really did love the sound that my old PL30's made and that was the reason I went for the Cheaper (by half as much) E10's. It was certainly a good choice in my opinion. These are the best set of in ear headphones I have used for under £100 easily. I thought they were even streets ahead of the PL30's! Sure they dont have the over-ear guides that the PL's do, but In my experience thus far, they are actually a better fit for me and they haven't fallen out once during exercise.

Would definitely recommend

Sony MDREX38IPB.CE7 In-Ear Headphones with In-Line iPod Remote Control
Sony MDREX38IPB.CE7 In-Ear Headphones with In-Line iPod Remote Control
Offered by PADNOTE

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent them back, 9 April 2014
I didnt like these headphones as they leaked noise far more than they should, everyone around me could hear exactly what i was listening to. Dont assume I was listening to music too loud either, all headphones leak noise at a certain volume, but these seemed to project noise further out of your ears rather than in.

Jan Van Haasteren Whacky Water World Jigsaw Puzzle (1500 Pieces)
Jan Van Haasteren Whacky Water World Jigsaw Puzzle (1500 Pieces)
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 9 April 2014
Bought as a present for a puzzle lover, I think it is fantastic and is one of the best I have seen yet, the complexity adds to the fun and makes it last all the more!

Park Tool I-Beam Mini Fold-Up Hex Wrench Screwdriver and Star Shaped Wrench Set
Park Tool I-Beam Mini Fold-Up Hex Wrench Screwdriver and Star Shaped Wrench Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 9 April 2014
This product is fantastic, for its tiny size it is insanely versatile, this is my second park tool and they really are brilliant, very strong and durable.

Buyagain Cute Aminal 3D Eyes Minion Warm Soft Stuffed Plush Cotton Slipper Cosplay Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a great present, 9 April 2014
Bought as an anniversary present for my Dad who loves his minions :P Very good size and seem to be very durable thus far as long as you are only planning on wearing them around the house. I imagine they could get dirty quickly but they are washable. Overall very pleased, great gift idea :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5