Profile for kristen999 > Reviews

kristen999

Samsung C3520 SIM free mobile phone
Samsung C3520 SIM free mobile phone

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 4 April 2014
This is the perfect phone to get for someone who needs to have a phone but is a bit anti-technology. It has a radio, large display numbers, and a Kevlar-like outer coating.

Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
by Sheryl Sandberg

5.0 out of 5 stars For the anti-feminist, 4 April 2014
I read this because it came out when I was starting my MBA and I imagined I would be talking about it with my classmates. Was exactly what I expected it to be, a conversation piece. The book is a bit of a self-serving personal promotion for the author, but she makes some valid points-- like how to approach asking for a raise and a mentor. I would recommend it if you are reading from that angle. If you are looking for inspiration, though, I'm not sure you'll find it. She writes from the perspective of years of privilege.

Arbalest Portable Wireless Rechargable Bluetooth Mini Speaker for Smartphones and Tablets - Black , with Mic Phone Handsfree - Amazing Sounds!
Offered by Easy Joyance

3.0 out of 5 stars good value, 4 April 2014
Quite inexpensive and work fine. Not the most amazing sound but good value for the money spent. Instructions are well written and concise. Worked with an iPhone and an Android and a computer. No problems.

Bringing Up Bebé
Bringing Up Bebé
by Pamela Druckerman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 30 Mar 2014
We read this book and some academic articles about helping our baby "do it's nights". I liked the narrative style of this book although some might find it rambly. Our 4 month old daughter is currently sleeping 8 hours a night.

The Elements of Style
The Elements of Style
by William Strunk Jr.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Elements of Style (Paperback)
If you have an internet connection and a brain don't get this. I can get better information from Grammar Girl. Get the original "Elements of Style" instead; it's much better.

Advantage 400 Spot-On Solution for Dogs (25 - 40kg)
Advantage 400 Spot-On Solution for Dogs (25 - 40kg)
Offered by Black Cat Medicines

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic, 30 Mar 2014
This is the same stuff one would get from the vet so it works fine. Very important to protect from ticks so I think it's money well spent.

Hammock for Several People 210 x 150 cm Red
Hammock for Several People 210 x 150 cm Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 Mar 2014
Fits my 6' husband and baby just fine. We got a standard stand from Ikea and just had to tie a knot in each end and it fit great.

Lumsing® Battery--World Brown Multi-Colour Slim Wallet Style PU Leather Flip Protective Case Cover for Samsung i9300 SM Galaxy S3 S III with Screen Film & Strap
Offered by TOPCITY

5.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT for an S3 Mini., 30 Mar 2014
I'm sure anyone can tell by the title that it's for an S3 and not an S3 mini. But I actually thought those were the same thing so I ordered it. The case is quite nice. It is stylish although it is not made of genuine leather. The company was very prompt to offer me a partial discount even though it was my mistake in ordering the wrong one. The same case for a mini is on American Amazon, but not .co.uk.

The Craft of Research (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing and Publishing)
The Craft of Research (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing and Publishing)
by Wayne C Booth

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for anyone writing research papers, 17 May 2013
I have to read this book for school and I can't say that I'm enjoying it very much. It is well written but a bit of a snoozer. However, the anecdotal tips have definitely given me something to think about. I would recommend this book to any researcher who has to write their findings, in any discipline. It is a little bit more detailed than I ever wanted to get on this topic. I'm in the middle right now and it's soooo dry. Saying things like, "make sure you know what you're asking about before going to the library" seems trivial. However, such a good point don't you think? This book is full of that stuff. It's kind of like Research for Dummies and then a bunch of technical BS. The authors seem very in tune with their audience and their writing has just the right tone. I do feel like they address the expert and novice but tend to skip over the seasoned but not quite expert researcher.