Profile for Mrs. J. Curry > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. Curry

Mrs. J. Curry (Witney Nr Oxford, England)

Page: 1 | 2
It Would be Wrong to Steal My Sister's Boyfriend (Wouldn't It?):  A Wicked Romance
It Would be Wrong to Steal My Sister's Boyfriend (Wouldn't It?): A Wicked Romance

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy read, 28 Jun 2014
A lovely easy read. Definitely one for the beach! The ending might be a bit predictable but although it wasn't my favourite recent read, it was worth reading.

Stereo Indoor & Outdoor Premium Wireless Speakers (Remote Controlled)
Stereo Indoor & Outdoor Premium Wireless Speakers (Remote Controlled)
Offered by Lucem Direct Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooooo pleased with these speakers!!!, 19 Jun 2014
I bought this so I could play music from my iPhone, iPad, iPod, TV, DAB radio and computer throughout the house and garden and I wasn't disappointed.

To set it up you simply plug the base into the headphone jack on any devise, pop batteries into the speakers, turn on and hey presto you're done!

We have used the speakers throughout the house and garden and the sound quality is superb with no interference or loss of quality despite walls or distance. To make sure you have a full range volume you do need to turn up the volume on your iphone / music device to maximum and then you'll get the full range volume from the speakers.

The remote works great and controls whichever speaker it's being pointed to which is useful so one can be louder than the other.

The only restriction as such is that the base must be connected to mains power which means that if you want to change song you need to either have a remote for your music device or you get up and change it manually which if you're far away can be a pain. We found a great and easy way around that as we plug the iPad into the base unit and use the iphone as a remote control. We can therefore be right down the bottom of the garden and change or pause the music from there. In case you're interested in how we did that, there are a couple of ways. We subscribe to Spotify which has an inbuilt feature which allows you to choose a song on one device whilst playing it on another. I therefore keep my iphone with me and control what's played through the iPad connected to the base through that. Alternatively there is an app through Apple called Remote but that relies on you having your pc open or having Apple TV. You can't control an iPad via your iphone using that. The best alternative therefore is a paid app called Tango which allows you to play anything within your music library via any connected device. It's all very simple I promise and makes for a brilliant all wireless solution.

All in all I'm really very happy with my purchase and would thoroughly recommend these speakers to anyone.

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep

4.0 out of 5 stars intriguing story, 29 May 2014
Very intriguing and well written. Read within a couple of days. Thoroughly recommended and can see why it won a Richard & Judy book award.

Me Before You
Me Before You

5.0 out of 5 stars Still crying from reading it now!!!!, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Me Before You (Kindle Edition)
Well I'm the type to buy a book and read it slowly over a couple of weeks, or months but not this one!
I bought it for my kindle yesterday and just over 24 hours later I've finished it having enjoyed it more and been so profoundly affected by it more than I can remember a book doing for me in a long time.
It took no time at all to be gripped and provided many laughs and giggles that made my fella look at me with a quizzical "what am I missing?" expression. However this turned to confusion (and some amusement no doubt) when I started sobbing quite uncontrollably at the end.
I almost feel like starting straight over again now it was so good! Instead I'm going to look to up other books written by Jojo who has within a 24 hour period become a definite favourite author!
Don't hesitate in getting this book. It's fantastic.

Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)

5.0 out of 5 stars like the film but better!!!, 27 Nov 2013
I loved it. Bring on the next one!!!
I was surprised by the differences to the film. Often a film leaves out things but instead the film created new things - like the relationship with Jacob. But regardless.....a brilliant read.

Top 10 Tips For Halloween Face Painting
Top 10 Tips For Halloween Face Painting

1.0 out of 5 stars no picture examples or instructions, 28 Oct 2013
Very disappointed. Yes it gives you basic tips on how to use tools but nothing on how to actually paint an actual design. It says things like, you could do a pumpkin but says nothing about HOW to do it. Surely it makes the book kind of pointless?

Single Woman Seeks Revenge: Another Very Funny Romantic Novel
Single Woman Seeks Revenge: Another Very Funny Romantic Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly funny. A great read, 28 Aug 2013
Enjoyable from the first page till the last. Great humour and a storyline that kept me up reading for longer than I should! Thanks Tracy - another great book!

No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday:  A Very Funny Romantic Novel
No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday: A Very Funny Romantic Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth a read!, 25 July 2013
A really witty, easy to read and brilliantly written book.
There were times (especially when Daniel tries to relay a message to Ben via Braindead) where I was literally crying with laughter (unfortunately I was reading that passage in the doctors waiting room to an audience of extremely perplexed faces).
Anyway, bottom line is.....read it! You won't be disappointed, I'm sure!

One Day
One Day

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy read, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: One Day (Kindle Edition)
Not initially a page turner but one you do keep turning because something tells you it's going to be worth it. Giving up would be something you'd later berate yourself for.
Half way through and I wasn't so much hooked in the way I am where every waking moment is consumed conspiring how to sneak in some extra pages, but in a way that gives you that warm satisfaction that you're going to enjoy whiling away some time in an easy to read, charmingly funny book.
Three quarters of the way through and I was congratulating myself on not giving up after the initial chapters. I was enjoying the book more, finding time passing more quickly and being genuinely keen to know how things would pan out.
By the end, with tears in my eyes, I find the friend who recommended this to me has been thoroughly vindicated and when I get chance I will tell him so and thank him in equal measure. A genuinely charming read with great humour and one I will look back on fondly and enjoy recommending to others in turn.

Epson Stylus Px730Wd All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi and Double Side Printing (Print, Copy, Scan and Screen) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best printer by far, 3 Jan 2012
Okay, lets keep this simple.... I recently purchased a really quite substandard (not cheap) Kodak printer that promised to tick all my boxes... but didnt. It wasnt just bad, it was throw it out the window atrocious in every single way.

Having put that down to a bad impulse purchase, I decided there must be another printer out there that can actually tick the same boxes to a much higher standard and thank goodness, I found it - The Epson Stylus Photo PX730WD.

Okay, so here's what I wanted...
A printer that can connect to my Windows PC wirelessly and not take forever and a day to set up.
A printer that can be printed to via my iPad and iPhone via Wifi (Airprint) and via email printing (e-print)
A printer that will print pictures to a really high laboratory quality
A printer that will print to a high quality in a fast time
A printer that can print double-sided (duplex)
A printer with two paper trays - one for A4 and the other for photo paper
A printer that can do all the other all-in-one functions like scan and copy
A printer that is just rediculously easy to set up and one that doesnt come up with a million error messages during set up and use.

Okay, so maybe I had high expectations and certainly after having bought the Kodak printer I thought perhaps I was being a little unrealistic. However this Epson printer does all the above AND MORE!

Setting up the printer was just rediculously easy. I turned it on, loaded the cd, followed the on screen instructions for about 2 minutes and within the shortest time and without any further intervention from me, the printer had connected itself wirelessly to my pc, downloaded a firmware update so it could Airprint, set itself up with its own email address to print to, and printed itself a test page. I then downloaded the Epson iPrint app for the iPad and iPhone and without any setting up, that worked immediately too! I literally didnt have to do anything except click "Accept" a few times. It was amazing.

The print quality is just fantastic and the speed of print is excellent. Printing wirelessly from my iPad was just as quick and only took a few seconds longer when I emailed the printer a document.

I literally cannot find one fault with this printer - its almost too good to be true. And with £135 discount I think anyone would be a fool not to buy. You simply wont find better, Im sure of it!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 4:59 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2