Profile for Kristi > Reviews

Mario Apple Sours Mushroom
Mario Apple Sours Mushroom
Offered by Candy Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Nintendo Merchandise, 18 Sep 2014
I'd already bought the other Mario themed sweet tins and had been waiting to get this one at a reasonable price. The tin is very high quality and official Nintendo merchandise. The sweets were good too, not as sour as you might fear!

Monopoly The Walking Dead Survival Edition
Monopoly The Walking Dead Survival Edition
Offered by The Book Depository Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A great makeover of a classic game, 18 Sep 2014
I bought this for my son. He loves the Walking Dead game on Xbox so we thought he would like this. The game is themed on the comics rather than the tv series. He loves it and we've played it several times in the last few weeks. A fun twist on a classic game.

Wine making - 2 x VinClasse® Glass Demijohns With Airlock Bubblers & Bungs
Wine making - 2 x VinClasse® Glass Demijohns With Airlock Bubblers & Bungs
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't sterilise with boiling water, 6 Aug 2014
I've made a few batches of booze with these demijohns. The one problem I have with them is that a label on the side says I can't clean/sterilise them with boiling water (can't remember what it says exactly but basically it suggests the glass won't handle water at that temperature). Regrettably this means I have to use other methods of sterilising that, for various reasons, i'd rather avoid.

The Art and Architecture of Ancient Egypt (Pelican History of Art)
The Art and Architecture of Ancient Egypt (Pelican History of Art)
by William Stevenson Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 6 Aug 2014
When I bought this I imagined it to be a fairly academic treatise on Egyptian Art similar to Schafer's Principles of Egyptian Art however I was disappointed to find it is a large (A4) book packed with photographs but lacking, I feel, in substance.

Principles of Egyptian Art
Principles of Egyptian Art
by Heinrich Schafer

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for students of Egyptian Art, 6 Aug 2014
This book wasn't an easy read by any means. But the understanding it has given me of Egyptian art, why objects and people and scenes are portrayed and appear as they do is incredible. I feel it has opened a door onto a new level of understanding of Egyptian culture.

Egyptian Glyphary: Hieroglyphic Dictionary and Sign List
Egyptian Glyphary: Hieroglyphic Dictionary and Sign List
by Bill Petty PhD

4.0 out of 5 stars Valuable reference book, 6 Aug 2014
This book is quickly becoming an indispensable aid alongside Gardiner's sign list and Faulkner's Dictionary of Middle Egyptian in helping me translate Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic texts. Wish I had bought it sooner. I've knocked off one star for a few typos I've noticed which have also been mentioned by another reviewer. A revised, updated and expanded edition would get 5 stars easily,

Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt
Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt
by Robert Bauval

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks familiar, 6 Aug 2014
I was really disappointed by this book. I have several Robert Bauval books, and while I don't always agree with his conclusions, I find that his books are usually packed with nuggets of information and interesting observations. Unfortunately this book seems to be largely a rehash of "The Origin Map" a book by the co-author Thomas Brophy, a book I already own.

Fitness-Mad Neo Dumbbell (Pack of 2) - Pink, 0.5kg
Fitness-Mad Neo Dumbbell (Pack of 2) - Pink, 0.5kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal starter weights, 1 Aug 2014
Ideal starter weights or for use during an aerobic workout.. Enough to feel that you are lifting something but not so heavy as to be unpleasantly hard work. Good for toning rather than building up muscle mass

Overcoming the Fear of Success
Overcoming the Fear of Success
by Martha Friedman

4.0 out of 5 stars Lacking in specific coping strategies, 27 July 2014
This book explains what the Fear of Success is and illustrates it via dozens of mini-stories of people who have suffered from this and how it affected them. If you have a Fear of Success some of these stories will no doubt resonate with you. I think the author's aim is to make the reader familiar with how this condition can affect people and thereby help them to recognise it in themselves and indirectly help them to come to terms with it. However what the book lacks is clear and specific strategies for coping with it and overcoming it. The title is therefore a little misleading.

Cord 5mm x 140cm Cerise & Jade Dog Tooth TZ
Cord 5mm x 140cm Cerise & Jade Dog Tooth TZ
Offered by TZ Laces ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Funk up your old boots, 23 July 2014
I love these laces. They make my boots look cool plus they are really tough and long lasting. I bought a really long one and cut it in half so I could lace up both boots for the price of one!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4