Profile for Kristi > Reviews

Content by Kristi

Kristi

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Swanson Kudzu Root (500mg, 60 Capsules, 1 Month Supply)
Swanson Kudzu Root (500mg, 60 Capsules, 1 Month Supply)
Offered by iShopNutrition

3.0 out of 5 stars Seemed to interfere with prescribed medication, 22 Oct. 2014
I only took these for a few days as I am sure they interfered with the medication I was taking at the time (venlafaxine)

Nordvek 100% Genuine Premium Quality Natural Sheepskin Rug Full Pelt - Various Sizes Available # 601-100 - Natural, Super
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars The Queen of sheepskins, 22 Oct. 2014
I absolutely love this sheepskin. It is nothing like the cheap sheepskins you get elsewhere like at Ikea. The leather is so soft, like chamois leather, and the wool is lovely and soft too with a natural look and feel.

Going Postal: Rage, Murder and Rebellion in America
Going Postal: Rage, Murder and Rebellion in America
by Mark Ames

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrific at times but recommended reading, 15 Oct. 2014
This is the second copy of the book that I have bought after a friend borrowed my last copy and failed to return it. This isn't simply a voyeuristic collection of morbid stories of personal breakdown with tragic community consequences, it is a solid study of the social mechanisms behind modern rampage killing sprees. It provides a valuable insight into the contemporary American workplace and the implications on personal, societal and historical levels. Horrific at times but a recommended read.

Mario Apple Sours Mushroom
Mario Apple Sours Mushroom
Offered by Candy Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Nintendo Merchandise, 18 Sept. 2014
I'd already bought the other Mario themed sweet tins and had been waiting to get this one at a reasonable price. The tin is very high quality and official Nintendo merchandise. The sweets were good too, not as sour as you might fear!

Monopoly The Walking Dead Survival Edition
Monopoly The Walking Dead Survival Edition
Offered by -Daily Deal-

5.0 out of 5 stars A great makeover of a classic game, 18 Sept. 2014
I bought this for my son. He loves the Walking Dead game on Xbox so we thought he would like this. The game is themed on the comics rather than the tv series. He loves it and we've played it several times in the last few weeks. A fun twist on a classic game.

Wine making - 2 x VinClasse® Glass Demijohns With Airlock Bubblers & Bungs
Wine making - 2 x VinClasse® Glass Demijohns With Airlock Bubblers & Bungs
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't sterilise with boiling water, 6 Aug. 2014
I've made a few batches of booze with these demijohns. The one problem I have with them is that a label on the side says I can't clean/sterilise them with boiling water (can't remember what it says exactly but basically it suggests the glass won't handle water at that temperature). Regrettably this means I have to use other methods of sterilising that, for various reasons, i'd rather avoid.

The Art and Architecture of Ancient Egypt (The Yale University Press Pelican History)
by William Stevenson Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 6 Aug. 2014
When I bought this I imagined it to be a fairly academic treatise on Egyptian Art similar to Schafer's Principles of Egyptian Art however I was disappointed to find it is a large (A4) book packed with photographs but lacking, I feel, in substance.

Principles of Egyptian Art
Principles of Egyptian Art
by Heinrich Schafer

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for students of Egyptian Art, 6 Aug. 2014
This book wasn't an easy read by any means. But the understanding it has given me of Egyptian art, why objects and people and scenes are portrayed and appear as they do is incredible. I feel it has opened a door onto a new level of understanding of Egyptian culture.

Egyptian Glyphary: Hieroglyphic Dictionary and Sign List
Egyptian Glyphary: Hieroglyphic Dictionary and Sign List
by Bill Petty PhD

4.0 out of 5 stars Valuable reference book, 6 Aug. 2014
This book is quickly becoming an indispensable aid alongside Gardiner's sign list and Faulkner's Dictionary of Middle Egyptian in helping me translate Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic texts. Wish I had bought it sooner. I've knocked off one star for a few typos I've noticed which have also been mentioned by another reviewer. A revised, updated and expanded edition would get 5 stars easily,

Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt
Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt
by Robert Bauval

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks familiar, 6 Aug. 2014
I was really disappointed by this book. I have several Robert Bauval books, and while I don't always agree with his conclusions, I find that his books are usually packed with nuggets of information and interesting observations. Unfortunately this book seems to be largely a rehash of "The Origin Map" a book by the co-author Thomas Brophy, a book I already own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4