Profile for Jenny > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Orange Is the New Black: My Time in a Women's Prison
Orange Is the New Black: My Time in a Women's Prison

4.0 out of 5 stars it was good but not as funny, 5 Nov. 2015
Having watched the series I wanted to read the book, it was good but not as funny.

No More Idols
No More Idols

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Nov. 2015
This review is from: No More Idols (Audio CD)
Excellent

Requiem for a Dream: A Novel
Requiem for a Dream: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Nov. 2015
Insightful

Rosewood Naturals Carrot and Fennel Sticks Treat 120 g
Rosewood Naturals Carrot and Fennel Sticks Treat 120 g
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my dwarf hamster, tasty treat as well as something to climb, 29 Oct. 2015
Babe cornflower my dwarf hamster loves these, they're affordable and if they didn't break in the post id buy more. I emailed amazon to say one of the sticks was smashed so they sent me another pack the next day for free. One of these sticks was smashed also, which is my only complaint.

Anyway its nice to vary her cage and give her a nice treat as well as something to climb up. She needs loads of stimulation, or she gets bored and just chews at the plastic trying to get out.

She's loved climbing up them and storing chunks in her pouch, which she's then moved to bends in her tunnels between cages, cheeky thing! After about four days all that's left is the wooden sticks and about 2cms at the top. And when she pulls down a large piece, she sits there gnawing away at it between her tiny little paws, so cute to see! She's certainly managed to eat a considerable amount too for her tiny size!

Original Sleep In Rollers Women's Sleep In Hair Soft Curling 20 Rollers Gift Set Model SIR85152 With DVD, Pelour pouch & Hair Grip, Handy Storage Bag (white)

5.0 out of 5 stars glamorous curls with minimum effort, 29 Oct. 2015
The original sleep in rollers are so easy to use, affordable and effective, I can't recommend them enough. I know some don't, but I found them so easy to sleep in and they stayed in fine overnight. They left my hair curly, which turned into waves. I recommend using a wide toothed comb to brush if you have to and hair spray. I'm going to make some of my own by boiling lemons in water, pouring into a spray bottle and refrigerating. Really glamorous, these rollers are cheaper than a hair cut and well worth it.

The Thorn Birds
The Thorn Birds

5.0 out of 5 stars The Thorn Bird Carries On Singing Until Death, 29 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Thorn Birds (Kindle Edition)
The Thorn Birds was written by Australian novelist Colleen McCoullough, who sadly died 29 January 2015, aged 77. It has sold over 30 million copies worldwide and was adapted into a TV series in 1983.

It is an epic tale spanning the years 1915 to 1969, following three generations of the Cleary family from their humble beginnings in New Zealand to the home of a wealthy yet elderly family member in Australia. The novel is predominantly based at this fictional Australian Sheep Farm, Drogheda and the family encounter many difficulties, including bereavements, incarceration, affairs, the Second World War and such forth.

It is interesting to see how the generations change and adapt and every generation of Cleary woman seems that little bit happier, freer and more content than the last, perhaps.

I could not put this book down and believe men and women alike would enjoy and benefit from reading it. As well as containing a lot of fascinating information about the Australian's wildlife and culture, it contains valuable historical references such as Australia's role in the defeating of Hitler in WWII.

More significant for me however was the novel's approach to love, so real, genuine, honest and refreshing. It truly is a masterpiece and even considering the novels' enormous 692 pages I didn't want it to end. I would like to read more Australian novelists' works as well as the rest of Colleen McCollough's, including, 'An Indecent Obsession'.

You will love the story of the Thorn Bird, so magnificently sad; yet beautiful.

Pukka Organic Aloe Vera Juice 1L
Pukka Organic Aloe Vera Juice 1L

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective Heart Burn Remedy, 17 Oct. 2015
Anybody who suffers heart burn, this really is the product for you. Far preferable to Gaviscon it just takes a mouthful morning and night for a month to eliminate heartburn. I also cut out acid forming foods, such as tomatoes, onions and garlic, oranges, lemons etc until my symptoms were under control.

Beauty Without Cruelty Satin Finish Blusher Rosetta
Beauty Without Cruelty Satin Finish Blusher Rosetta

5.0 out of 5 stars Cruelty free blusher with safe ingredients, 17 Oct. 2015
Fantastic blusher, no testing on animals, safe ingredients, goes on well and lasts for ages. No complaints whatsoever.

Mane 'n Tail Herbal Gro Shampoo and Conditioner Set 355 ml
Mane 'n Tail Herbal Gro Shampoo and Conditioner Set 355 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner, 17 Oct. 2015
I've used Lee Stafford hair growth before which worked, as this is a little cheaper I thought I would give it a go. After one wash I am really pleased with the results, it left my hair in good condition and it already seems longer! After four days it still doesn't need washing, so I'll definitely be buying on subscribe and save again. Quite funny that it was made for horses, neigh!

6 Pairs Ladies GG09 Pink Spots & stripes Design Cotton Gentle Grip Socks
6 Pairs Ladies GG09 Pink Spots & stripes Design Cotton Gentle Grip Socks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and Value Pink Cotton Socks, 29 Sept. 2015
These socks are just delicious, I bought them as I used to shop at The Sock Shop in York all the time. I don't know whether these are the same brand and I don't care. They are comfortable, wash well and stay up being not too tight. Not that I see these wearing out anytime soon, but I'll definitely be buying more in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17