ARRAY(0xa7a98fd8)

The Human Centipede [First Sequence] (Directors Cut) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dieter Laser
Offered by bestmediagroup
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a better love story than twilight... Hence the 5 stars., 2 Dec 2013
Still a better live story than twilight. That's not saying mucho!
Poor acting, sick storyline and no tension.
The only thing to keep me watching was to close a chapter a wish I'd never opened.

Dear Frankie [DVD]
Dear Frankie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emily Mortimer
Price: 4.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Are there no poor reviews because of laziness?, 1 Mar 2011
This review is from: Dear Frankie [DVD] (DVD)
You see I went on a rampage when I bought this DVD alongside 10 others. I left it until last because of the fantastic reviews throughout Amazon... boy was I disappointed. I would say perhaps not like watching paint dry but really not that stimulating either.
From the outset you have a sweet storyline, but really when I bought this I was expecting a love film full to the brim with feelings and emotion. The storyline turns out to be about a child who misses his war burdened father. He is only young and so his mother tries to shut it out from him as much as possible, resorting to asking someone to step in and act as his father for the weekend... and so the story evolves. A love film between a young boy and his make shift father? It doesn't sound right does it? Something new I'd say and not necessarily deserving the one star, I don't despise this film, I just don't think it is worth all the credit it's given.
So in answer to the question I posed in the title, Yeah, I really do think people just didn't bother to write a review if they didn't like it, so I made this special effort for you guys.. or maybe it is just me preferring the old school teenage/adultery romantic films that I can relate to.
Enjoy the film!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2011 7:37 PM BST

Open Your Eyes [DVD]
Open Your Eyes [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eduardo Noriega
Price: 4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Open your eyes., 13 Dec 2010
This review is from: Open Your Eyes [DVD] (DVD)
If you are a fan of psychology and films such as donnie dark and the butterfly effect, then this is certainly a film for you.
I won't go into the storyline as such because personally I always feel it ruins the surprises and you can guess what happens from what others say.
Anyway, this film is definitely something very different to any other film. The story is deep and always full of many surprises, usually with enough guesses you can always see the end of a storyline, however with open your eyes... well it does exactly what it says. You'll need to open your eyes to understand this film.
I had my doubts at first and although I am starting to have quite a collection of DVDs by now, I in fact am rarely impressed by a well pulled together storyline.
Only a Genius, or someone very crazed could have come up with something quite like this...
I leave you to make your own decision, nevertheless I would recommend. Enjoy!

Ambition - Inspirational - Maxi Poster - 61 cm x 91.5 cm
Ambition - Inspirational - Maxi Poster - 61 cm x 91.5 cm
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online
Price: 6.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the peace..., 2 May 2010
When i bought this poster, i did so because it was a cheaper option to buying a painting or such. I also wanted something to liven up the room, now (after it was given an aluminium frame) it is the focal point of the room. The blue looks metallic and really captures your eye every time you enter the room, yet it is still a calm picture, you really feel at peace. I have no regrets and this is definately my favourite of all the posters such as this one. At such a great price, I'm sure you will have little regret and shoudl have little hesitation.

Guitar Hero X-Plorer Wired Guitar Controller (Xbox 360)
Guitar Hero X-Plorer Wired Guitar Controller (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Controller, best yet., 2 May 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've always found that the wireless guitars break after just a couple of months of plaing with them. I have now had this one for over a year and it has not degenerated in any way. The strum bar registers instantly and still has not failed to register a strum depite the battering it has encountered. The buttons never get stuck as they have done on previous guitars that i have had - although at first some of the buttons may seem quite stiff they soon loosen up. I saw a review that said you cant use the back/select button to activate star power; this is a myth, the star power can be activated using the back/select button or by tipping your controller vertically if the option to do so is selected. Overall I give this a good 9/10, I see no fault with it, yet i am hard to please... I always think there is room for improvement, even if i can't see where it could be improved.

Full Metal Jacket [1987] [DVD]
Full Metal Jacket [1987] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Modine
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 6.86

2.0 out of 5 stars Full Metal Jacket, 10 April 2009
This film was very poor, it has to come bottom of the list for war films. The film starts off with training and surprisingly this is the best part of the movie. For 30 minutes after the training, you don't follow a combat role around, you follow a writer (how fun) and then when you finally get to the last part of the film where you see some combat, and i mean some; there are about 5 people who die and it seems that they spent twenty minutes of the film making the characters hesitate on whether to move up to an injured soldier or not. An awful film, only bother watching the first 10 minutes if your crazy enough to buy it.