Profile for Jilli > Reviews

Jilli (UK)

Himlabacken Vol. 1
Himlabacken Vol. 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting listen, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Himlabacken Vol. 1 (MP3 Download)
A friend told me that I "needed" to listen to this album, immediately..........so I downloaded it whilst on the phone to him.......
I am not a reviewer but I enjoyed the album immensely, especially track 3 Mega Moon, which in parts sounds as if it might have been influenced by Valensia (Dutch musician from the 90's) who I absolutely love. The whole album has great songs and easy listening and Moon Safari are playing in the UK from Thursday 12th-Sunday 15th September. And I am going to see them at Maltby in Yorkshire on the 14th.........
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2013 7:31 PM BST

Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

5.0 out of 5 stars I CAN LISTEN TO THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.........., 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Snakecharmer (Audio CD)
I have seen Snakecharmer live a couple of times now, the last being at The Cambridge Rock Festival 2012, where they were definitely the stand out band of the weekend. (John Young played instead of Adam Wakeman before anyone mentions this). Hence I was looking forwards to hearing the new album.

With a fantastic collection of musicians, most of whom I have admired for years. My newest discovery is Adam Wakeman, who is mega talented, and the singer Chris Ousey, who I haven't heard of before. He is doing an amazing job fronting this great band.

When I play an album that appeals to me, it is repeated over and over again in the car, where I spend a lot of time. I love it, when I can sing along and really go with the music........ and this album is one of those. It takes me back to the good old days of real Rock n'Roll, easy to get into and I love Chris's voice......there is something very raw and sexy about it. Guys might look for something different, me, I want something that speaks to my heart, uplifts me and I think.....wow, when can I go and see them live again? Great album, love it.....

Arc Of The Dawn
Arc Of The Dawn

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior!, 7 Dec 2009
This review is from: Arc Of The Dawn (Audio CD)
I am a new fan to Dare having only being introduced to them last week. But it was love at first listen. (Utube)!
I then received a copy of Arc of the Dawn......and wow, I can't stop playing it. It is brilliant. The songs are emotive and exciting, easy to relate to, and beautiful beautiful music. I hope that this gets the recognition that it deserves!

The Rabbi's Daughter: Sex, Drugs and Orthodoxy
The Rabbi's Daughter: Sex, Drugs and Orthodoxy
by Reva Mann

5.0 out of 5 stars Search for Love!, 31 Aug 2007
I think that Reva is incredibly brave. I am sure this book will help many people to realize that they are not alone in their feelings of being lost. The feeling that finding love will fix them and the relentless search for love which ends up by taking them to such depths of despair and dark places. The necessity to numb feelings and emotions, the fight to survive.
I laughed till I cried, and I cried with identification and pain.
How sad to go through childhood yearning for love and affection, how tragic the search becomes for love (when we feel unlovable) when we become adults. This was so graphically described in this book. The tragedies and the recovery. A good lesson.