Profile for Sorrel Dryden > Reviews

Content by Sorrel Dryden

Sorrel Dryden (Sheffield, UK)

Bathroom Bath Tub Caddy with Wine, Candle & Book Holder
Bathroom Bath Tub Caddy with Wine, Candle & Book Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is easy to assemble, 29 Jan. 2015
This product is easy to assemble, has rubber ends to protect your bath from scratches, and basically has everything that it says it has. Easy to rest a book on, perfect for holding one (or two) wine glasses, and a candle for the full romantic/relaxing effect. I actually suggested it for my mother who recently had a new luxurious bathroom installed, but with some self interest thrown in, I ensured she got a lovely slipper bath which I could enjoy too. As I love bathing for a long while, whilst enjoying a glass of wine, and a good book, and her old bath wasn't that inviting, I thought she could do with the added incentive of the 'read/booze' option, so we decided on this product and I ordered it for Christmas. In fact, I've just finished using it this evening and it was good. :)

Nigel 1 - Cancer 0
Nigel 1 - Cancer 0

5.0 out of 5 stars HWPS - He's pretty inspirational for a daft 'un, 27 Jan. 2014
I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr Short on a couple of occasions, and had I known what hell he'd gone through I think I would have been a lot more reverential (not that he'd have wanted that ... well, perhaps he would.) I started this book in the bath, and then swiftly completed it (once I'd got out of the bath) in less than two days. It's joyously easy to read (even with all those typos - he spurned my offer to proofread it), but it's also a very difficult and uncomfortable read - the agonising pain, discomfort, and misery that he experienced whilst going through his treatment is very well counter-balanced with his humour, energy and joie de vivre. I would love to think that I would be able to have his same spirit if I were to go through the same thing, but I actually think I would possibly just lie down and die. His words are so inspirational, and whilst he underwent a lot of sadness getting through this, I know that the whole experience has left him with an even more insatiable appetite for life. He knows that life is too short, and every moment is for living. In fact, the moral of his story could be - if you're unhappy doing what you're doing then make the choice to change it because this is definitely not a dress rehearsal. Nigel Short, I salute you!

New Oxford Spelling Dictionary: The Writers' and Editors' Guide to Spelling and Word Division (Reference)
by Maurice Waite

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for proofreaders, 3 Sept. 2012
This is a recommended purchase for any proofreader. It is NOT for anyone wanting full definitions. This guide helps you with trickier spelling and word divisions (for when you need to hyphenate words on a page). If you want definitions go for the Oxford English Dictionary, or the Concise Oxford English Dictionary.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Quick Gift
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Quick Gift
Price: £1,000.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy!, 4 Jan. 2011
For the person who has everything, or for the person who loves shopping on Amazon, an Amazon gift card is the perfect gift. Really easy to order, done in an instant, you can't go wrong. And you can't be blamed (or talked about behind your back) for getting the size/colour/choice wrong!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Aerobie AeroPress Coffee & Espresso maker, 20 April 2009
This product really does make a fabulous cup of coffee, as if you've been served by a barista in your favourite coffee house... but for a fraction of the price. It comes with everything you need (you'll just need to have your chosen blend of coffee already bought) - filter papers, coffee scoop, and stirrer. It assembles really easily and is simple to make. The only word of caution I'd offer - make sure your coffee is not ground too finely, or you'll be building up your arm muscles as you push down on the vacuum which makes your coffee so great. I would imagine 'filter ground' to give you the right size grain, which will be a dream to process. In these times of credit crunching, you won't miss your visits to said coffee house to buy your cup of coffee because you'll have something even better on tap.