Profile for Yorkshire common sense > Reviews

Content by Yorkshire comm...

Yorkshire common sense "yeti_leeds_uk"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Global Anniversary Cooks Knife
Global Anniversary Cooks Knife
Offered by culinaire

5.0 out of 5 stars Tempted? Then buy it. Nothing better., 25 July 2015
At £40 these knives are a bargain. I like a good knife and I do a lot of cooking. I keep some knives for my own use and others for general family use (because they get a bit abused, end up in the sink and only need to be sharp...not really sharp). My favourite knife I possess is a Richardson Midori knife and it really is a thing of beauty and sharpens perfectly. I had seen Global knives in Costco and even Aldi for sale and was curious on owning one. This knife was a great and not to expensive way of scratching that curiosity itch.
OK so what do I think ...well firstly...just buy this if you are even vaguely tempted. You will not get a better knife for the money.
Personally I would not have this as my main knife, I prefer something slightly bigger (like my Midori).
The knife is much lighter than I expected and handles really well.
Not much else to say!

TP-LINK TL-SG1008P 8 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch with 4-Port PoE (No Configuration Required)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good switch...erm not much more to say!, 13 July 2015
Cheap and works well.

SAC Electronics C2051 RJ45 CAT 5/5E/6 Crimping Tool
SAC Electronics C2051 RJ45 CAT 5/5E/6 Crimping Tool

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a basic home user (like me!)., 13 July 2015
It works. it is good value, but clearly made to a price point. Would buy again, but if you need to do cables for a living then spend more.

kenable External CAT6 Outdoor Use COPPER Ethernet Network Cable Reel UTP 100m
kenable External CAT6 Outdoor Use COPPER Ethernet Network Cable Reel UTP 100m
Offered by Rosenet Systems

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this and not the cheaper CAT 6 on Amazon., 13 July 2015
Quality cable and MUCH better than the CCA rubbish I bough previously from Amazon seller.

Star Wars Men's Team Troopers Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Red, Medium
Star Wars Men's Team Troopers Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Red, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2015
Bought for son. He wears it. Sometimes he even puts it in to be washed....RESULT!

Richardson Sheffield 17.5 cm Kyu Santoku Knife, Silver
Richardson Sheffield 17.5 cm Kyu Santoku Knife, Silver
Offered by Connaught Online

5.0 out of 5 stars We have lots of good knives at home, 13 July 2015
I bought these knives from the outlet store in York and Castleford, not from Amazon. We have lots of good knives at home. I keep the Midori ones for just my use (they really are very good!), however for family use I keep three of these Kyu range knives and they are very good quality. I prefer the extra height that santoku style knives give you and much prefer them to the Sabatier style cooks knife. These Kyu knives keep a good edge and are easy to maintain with a combination of steel and minosharp. So if you are after a starter for a kitchen then just buy two of these and a sharpener and you will have 90% of the knives you will ever need!

Taken 3
Taken 3
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Predictable fun., 13 July 2015
This review is from: Taken 3 (Amazon Instant Video)
Liam Neeson plays....Liam Neeson. Hardly original, but if you want to see Liam fight the world then you will not be disappointed. He can fight 10 bad guys with barely a hint of pain, but when he smiles it looks like an old war wound is giving him some right gip...truly in pain.

Abus Granit Power 58 Lock - Black, 26 cm
Abus Granit Power 58 Lock - Black, 26 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongest lock I own., 31 May 2015
If this lock had been used to secure the safety deposit boxes in Hatton Garden then I think that the thieves would have had a very difficult job. It's a bit heavy for traveling with on a bike (I have a slightly lower specced ABUS for this) however for home or static use this lock is the dogs danglies. The key is longer than standard ABUS keys and has 2 or 3 extra tumblers for extra security. This is the 4th lock I have had from ABUS and they are my favourite brand for cycle and kit security.

Multi-Cables External CAT6 100m Outdoor use waterproof - Direct Burial UTP Ethernet Network Cable - 550 Mhz-with Crimp tools -100 meter
Offered by AccessFox

1.0 out of 5 stars Not CAT6 spec. AVOID!, 31 May 2015
This cable works, and appears to be good value however it is NOT CAT6 standard. The cable is copper clad aluminium which is not approved for CAT6 cable standards, so the cable is not as described (Sales of goods act). I installed this cable today (thanks to Amazon for the mega fast delivery), the crimp tool and other ancillaries are fair quality, but on installing a 25m run I was puzzled by the slow connection. On reading the reviews I saw the other 1 star reviews, and a quick check with a scalpel to scrape off the thin copper coating showed that this is NOT proper CAT6 cable. The time wasted in fitting it is far greater than the value of the cable. Not happy, avoid this fake product and buy a decent cable that specifies itself as fully copper.

Bartoline Teak Oil 5 Litre
Bartoline Teak Oil 5 Litre
Offered by Westhoughton Hardware

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend., 20 April 2015
I think this is the only one star review I have ever left on Amazon. This teak oil is dreadful. Good teak oil hardens to a protective layer over the wood and leaves it water resistant. This stuff is like painting your furniture with petrol. It strips off all the good oil from previous years and has left my furniture grey and faded over the winter with zero discernable protection. Next time I shall buy another brand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4