Profile for franciscopcc > Reviews

Content by franciscopcc

franciscopcc

Neewer® 28"/70cm Handheld Extension Rod for Neewer Feiyu G3/G4/G4 QD/ G4 QS 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer (Black)
Offered by Neewer Global

1.0 out of 5 stars It DOES NOT work with the G3., 15 Jun. 2016
This item DOES NOT work with the G3 gymbal from Feiyu-tech.

In order to attach the rod to the gymbal, you are forced to remove the end connector of the batteries (where the ON/OFF button lies).
Thus, it becomes impossible to turn the gymbal on.

Don't let yourself be fooled.

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Lens
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb lens, and the best value for your money., 23 Sept. 2014
I usually don't write reviews, but I really felt that this lens deserved it.

I used to shoot with a Nikon D80 and a Sigma 10-20mm and I absolutely loved that lens. It allowed me to shoot things from a really different perspective, it was very sharp and easy to carry, and had a great build quality. Plus, the price was affordable.

Then I moved to a Nikon D600 with the 24-85mm VR kit lens and I was missing that ultra-wide sometimes, specially for landscapes and travel photography, where often I like to travel light. I started looking for such a lens, but of course, because its full frame, the prices were crazy. I considered the 14-24mm but it was too bulky and expensive. Then the 16-35mm VR but it was also significantly larger, and also expensive.

And then I finally found out about this lens, which is pretty recent, and after reading some reviews, I decided to go for it.

What a great decision! The lens is really great. It is super light and compact, and yet it does not feel cheap at all. The 18mm is not as wide as my 10mm on the DX format, but then again it is more than enough. And above all, the images it produces are SUPER sharp! I have never had a lens this sharp. It really is incredible.

If you are looking for an "affordable", full-frame, light, compact and SHARP lens, this is your best bet. Plus you can attach filters to it, which seems to be rare for this kind of ultra-wide with bulb-like front elements.
Read Ken Rockwell's review on it to make up your mind. This one really is the best one in terms of value for money.
I couldn't be happier!

The Official Guide to the TOEFL iBT with CD-ROM, Third Edition (McGraw-Hill's Official Guide to the TOEFL Ibt (W/CD))
by Educational Testing Service

3.0 out of 5 stars CD is not compatible with Mac, 18 May 2012
This was a bit disappointing, I think it would have been better if I had paid for the online practice tests.

Ventura Screw On ll A Aluminium Carrier - Silver suitable for 24"/26"/28"
Ventura Screw On ll A Aluminium Carrier - Silver suitable for 24"/26"/28"

4.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to assemble, but still a great value for money, 15 April 2012
I needed to buy a rack for my bike because I was about to go on a huge 300km trip down the coast.
My budget was short, so I decided to risk buying this one, despite all the feedback I read saying that it wasn't a good deal.
And while it is true that the instructions are really hard to understand and there were a few missing bolts, once you overcome that, it is a solid and sturdy piece of equipment.
It took me a while to get it right, I was frustrated at times, but ultimately it compensated.

Now that I am back from that trip I am really glad I took the chance and saved the extra bucks to buy me some well-deserved beers! The rack was 100% reliable for all my camping gear.
Hence, I would recommend it to anyone in the same situation!

10 pack 30" Heavy Duty Olive Elastic Bungee Cords
10 pack 30" Heavy Duty Olive Elastic Bungee Cords
Offered by military and outdoor

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, yet the bungees don't stretch that much!, 14 Mar. 2012
There isn't much to review about this item.

The hooks are strong and well built. I just thought the bungees with stretch a little longer.

Still, this is a very handy item to have around. Millions of uses to it!

Road Map Spain & Portugal (AA Road Map Europe 2)
Road Map Spain & Portugal (AA Road Map Europe 2)
by AA Publishing
Edition: Map

3.0 out of 5 stars I would expect a little more detail, 14 Mar. 2012
Although this is a good quality map, it isn't as detailed as I would wish.

I think it lacks some roads that, despite not being major, are still very used in real life, specially in Portugal.

I might have to get another map to get those roads in.

Stand By Me
Stand By Me
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but to listen non-stop, 14 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Stand By Me (Audio CD)
Although this CD isn't at all long - it lasts about 30 minutes - it is still very enjoyable.

It sends you back to your childhood days and you are constantly being reminded of the movie Stand By Me.

I cannot help but visualize Vern and Teddy dancing to Lollipop whenever it plays - I even do the finger trick myself to make the popping noise! eheh

Really, for this price, it is totally worth it. It is a fun CD to listen to, which will remind you of amazing days and an amazing movie.

Into The Wild [Blu-ray] [2007]
Into The Wild [Blu-ray] [2007]
Dvd ~ Emile Hirsch

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Movie, 14 Mar. 2012
I rarely buy DVDs/Blu-Rays these days because I always watch movies on TV. Only the best of the best make it to my bookshelf - and this one did!

I loved the movie, and so I pretty much loved this Blu-Ray as well.

The price is more than reasonable, because you get really good sound and image quality. Also, if you are interested, it is nice because of the special features, which include a few interviews with the main actors, the director and the writer of the book (Jon Krakauer). It's just a featurette, nothing fancy really. Worth watching, though.

All in all, if you liked this movie, you will like the Blu Ray. There's not much to it, it is basically the movie and this special feature, but then again I wasn't expecting anything else.

2-nebo Redline 220 Lumens LED Flashlight (Lot of 2) #5581 (packed individually in Clamshell)
Offered by SHOPPE IN UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 14 Mar. 2012
I bought this flashlight because I am building a "Survival Backpack" which basically contains anything I might need in an extreme situation.

This product fits perfectly in this backpack! The flashlight is light yet sturdy, it's easy and grippy to hold and besides it has a magnet if needed to attach to something. And also, and more importantly, it is really powerful! It can shed light on really long distances, it's amazing!

I really think it is a great value for money: for this price, a flashlight this size would be expected to be a lot worse. Yet, this isn't.

I love it and totally recommend it!