Profile for L. DEE > Reviews

The Queen of the South
The Queen of the South
by Arturo Perez-Reverte

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Queen of the South (Paperback)
It's not my usual cup of tea but I came across it and just couldn't put it down, you could almost smell the sea between the lines and visualise the scenes of Mexico and Spain, hear the Mexican corridos, fall in love with Santiago and imagine the characters as if watching a movie. It made me think that it has to be based on real events and after researching I found that the real woman behind this story is much less glamorous than the one created in the book. Arturo Perez-Reverte has created a romantic, insightful, intelligent and thrilling story which to me was a delight to read.

Disney Fairies Book Light
Disney Fairies Book Light

1.0 out of 5 stars Hila, 28 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Disney Fairies Book Light (Toy)
My 6 year old girl has received this gadget as a gift and we were very impressed with it, however our disappointment was just as great as we found out that it is virtually falling apart.
It had lasted 1 day.. and I needed to super-glue it. Then it became loose in one of the joins and I had to glue it again. Then the light started flickering.... Basically it is a very clever and useful idea, made cheaply and you pay for the Disney name. I would not pay more than GBP 2.0 for it.

Smilla's Sense of Snow
Smilla's Sense of Snow
by Peter Hoeg
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I have read in a very long time, intelligent and interesting, 19 Dec. 2008
Although I would have rathered have a beter ending to the book, I found that this book has taken me all the way to Greenland and Denmark, becoming an Eskimo, being smilla.