ARRAY(0xff80bb8)

Angels In America (HBO) [2003] [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Al Pacino
Price: 5.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst film I have ever watched!, 14 Sep 2008
I simply cannot believe that anyone can sit through this film and come out at the end having enjoyed it. When I saw the cast I thought I was in for a treat - I though wrong. This has to be, without a doubt, the WORST film I have ever seen. It is all so unbelievable. A complete waste of 6 hours of my life.

P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Hilary Swank
Price: 3.40

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good if you've read the book first!, 25 July 2008
This review is from: P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I absolutely loved the book, so when I found out there was a film out I was really excited about seeing it. However, I was very disappointed after watching it, the book is so much better. For starters, while the book is set in Ireland, the film is set in New York - I don't think this added to the film in any way at all. I didn't feel that all of the cast were entirely believable, somehow they didn't seem to gel.
I do think that had I not read the book first, I would have enjoyed the film a lot more. Gerry Butler is extremely likeable, and there are some tear jerking scenes. It is by no means a bad film, but if you are hoping for it to be like the book, you will be disappointed.

Father of the Bride Part II [DVD] [1996]
Father of the Bride Part II [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Steve Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the first, 25 July 2008
I was slightly dubious about watching the sequel, as I love the first film so much, but I needn't have been. It is just as funny as the first. The story line is similar to the first film, in the sense that a major family event is taking place and George Banks (Steve Martin) is struggling to cope with it. I was happy to see that Frank (Martin Short) appears in this film, as he was so good in the first. Overall, a very good sequel.

Father of the Bride [DVD] [1992]
Father of the Bride [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Steve Martin
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 25 July 2008
I really can't say enough good things about this film, it's definately one of my all time favourites. Steve Martin plays a great role as George Banks, but the star of the film is without a doubt Martin Short who plays the wedding planner, Frank. The accent cracks me up every time I hear it. This film really is, in my eyes, completely faultless. The funny parts had me laughing out loud, and other parts had me in tears. I think what I love most about this film, is that whilst it has the great comedy element, it still manages to be very believable. I think a lot of fathers with married daughters could watch this and sympathise! Brilliant film, I'd recommend it to anyone!

Jack [DVD] [1996]
Jack [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family film, 25 July 2008
This review is from: Jack [DVD] [1996] (DVD)
Yet another great Robin Williams film - his portrayal of a young boy is brilliant - funny and moving. The film had me laughing in parts and crying in others. It's a great family movie - funny, sad and touching all at the same time. I would recommend 'Jack' to anyone!