Profile for Elayna Winters > Reviews

Content by Elayna Winters

Elayna Winters (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Skinny Sprinkles® Tub | Appetite Control Weight Loss Drink with Konjac Fibre | 19 Cals per serving (42 Servings) New Formula
Offered by Get Gorgeous!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm on my second course cause I'm so pleased with the results, 21 Mar 2014
I was actually looking for Skinny Fibre, a product I read about on Facebook, when I discovered Skinny Sprinkles on Amazon. It made more sense to me and I was in a very positive state of mind to try and lose weight, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did. Following the instructions, I took it half an hour before meals. I found it quite easy to take and was amazed at how full I felt immediately after. I had no desire to snack between meals and even though I was eating much smaller meals, I often couldn't finish them. Two weeks later and I'm on my second course. Before re ordering, I tried 2 meals without taking Skinny Sprinkles. That was it! There was no doubt that the product worked as I was hungry one hour after eating. If you want to eat healthily, without snacking or over eating, then I seriously suggest you try Skinny Sprinkles. I'm losing a steady 2 - 3 lbs per week which was just what I wanted to do. I'm eating healthy meals, not snacking in between and, best of all, I have stopped eating after dinner. I genuinely recommend it to you.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon - withdraw this product, 11 Dec 2013
Amazon. I would like to see you apologise for selling such a barbaric product. Unless you do, you will lose a lot of customers via Facebook. As a very regular customer, I'm horrified

An Everyday Miracle
An Everyday Miracle

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing look at childbirth from the other side of the stethoscope, 29 Sep 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Professor Dornan's account of women giving birth. It was heart warming to recognise the respect he had for every mother under his care. My first experience of childbirth took place in the Ulster Hospital in the 60's where my consultant addressed all concerns regarding my pregnant state to the sister as though I didn't exist. When my son was born, he was whisked away and not returned to me until the following morning. The bonding process between my son and I consequently took weeks to form. I cannot imagine such a thing ever happening under Prof. Dornan's watch.

This book is suitable for every age group. It gives a wonderfully insightful glance into the complexities of childbirth and, more importantly, the knowledge that the experience still remains an everyday miracle to mothers and doctors alike. There are wonderful stories of childbirth from every background, age and culture and lots of humour behind the scenes. Professor Dornan also uses a language everyone can understand unveiling things which previously remained a bit of a mystery

Erika's Journey: The Endless Miracle
Erika's Journey: The Endless Miracle

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational and comforting read, 23 Sep 2013
This was a sad book but throughout it I felt the presence of a strong, fun loving and beautiful woman who refused to be defined by her cancer.

How NOT to Write a Bestseller - An Expert's Guide
How NOT to Write a Bestseller - An Expert's Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars A particularly apt look at publishers and writers., 31 July 2013
I am a big fan of Walter Ellis and this, his latest book, did not disappoint. His timing is excellent as we learn from the media of J K Rowling's attempt to publish as an unknown writer. If you read this, you will find that Walter has experienced similar difficulties himself. He writes a tongue in cheek account of his attempts to become a successful writer. I'm not quite sure why he, himself, has not achieved his goal, and I hope it doesn't deter him from writing more books like his Carravagio Conspiracy. So many of Ellis's characters are people who we can all relate to, those larger than life characters who we either love or hate. One of these days, the right publisher is going to cotton on to what a good writer he is. I look forward to the results.

Babymoov Almond/ Taupe Baby Ring Sling (Brown)
Babymoov Almond/ Taupe Baby Ring Sling (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars A well received present, 17 July 2013
I bought this for a young friend who had just had her first baby. Both she and her husband use it and rate it as one of their best gifts.

Nancy Tillman's You Are Loved Collection: On the Night You Were Born; Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You; And the Crown on Your Head
by Nancy Tillman

5.0 out of 5 stars An exquisite book, 17 July 2013
I bought this book and two others by the same author, for my daughter to read to my grandchildren. I just wish it had been around when my own children were little. Beautiful words with beautiful illustrations. A superb Christening gift.

BAYER Priorin shampoo Shampoo for hair loss dry / normal hair 200ml
BAYER Priorin shampoo Shampoo for hair loss dry / normal hair 200ml
Offered by olympiabeautystore

5.0 out of 5 stars My answer to better hair, 17 July 2013
I discovered this product in Spain and have been using it ever since. It makes my thin hair look thicket and its easier to blow dry.

The Crocodile by the Door: The Story of a House, a Farm and a Family
The Crocodile by the Door: The Story of a House, a Farm and a Family

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, satisfying read, 5 May 2013
I just returned from holiday where I had time to lie in the sun and read at leisure. This was just the kind of book to choose under these circumstances. Selina Guinness writes in a way that allows the reader to think you are having a conversation. I'm Irish myself and I love to read about the great houses which abound in this country, very few of them now inhabited by family. My grandmother often told me tales of the families she knew and how they were run. It was, therefore, very satisfying to read in such detail how this great house has managed to stay in the family, despite obvious difficulties. If you are interested in Ireland and want to know more about its houses and it's people, this is the book for you.

A State of Jane
A State of Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars A splendid and humorous insight into the life of a single girl in New York, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: A State of Jane (Kindle Edition)
I confess that I read this first and foremost because I know the author in an indirect way. I was very glad that I did. I had previously been wading my way through a book of short stories by a previous Booker prize winner which disappointed me tremendously. A State of Jane did not! Great literature it isn't, but it's a well written account of a young, single professional searching for love in Manhattan. I remember, many years ago, hearing from a friend of mine how difficult it was to find romance, let alone a husband, when she lived in New York. It appears time has not changed the situation. Ms Schorr's witty story telling had me smiling within the first chapter and I found myself comparing it with the Booker Prize winner. Not through the writing, but through the author's ability to tell a good story.

Jane is crazy in a sort of naive way, but at heart she just wants to be loved and to go through life with a partner. Her only previous relationship was very much a boy/girl thing which she grew out of. Now she wanted someone to share the ups and downs of life. Eventually she does, but oh, what a lot of frogs she has to kiss on the way. I'm a mature lady of a certain age, the mother of five and grandmother of two, but I found myself reliving my youth as she vividly described those first exciting feelings one discovers when you first meet someone. No matter what age you are, it's those first halcyon days you remember and treasure most. When I started to read the second half in bed last night, I decided I couldn't go to sleep until I had finished it, but I went to sleep with a satisfied feeling which only a good ending can give. Jane is not the only strong character in the book and I suspect that some of the others might find their way into a book of their own.

I would recommend this book to anyone wanting light reading on holiday or if, like me, you just want a feel good book to go to bed with. I will certainly be buying her next book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4