Profile for Treeze > Reviews

Vax S6 Home Master Steam Cleaner
Vax S6 Home Master Steam Cleaner
Price: 64.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, but not that brilliant!, 2 Aug 2012
I bought this steam cleaner as we had a problem with carpet moth, and I wanted to blast around the edges of the carpet, and the curtains where the little blighters hide out! It did a fab job on that and also got a load of muck off the shower doors, and the grouting which had been there for a while. I liked the way all the tools stored on the back and the fact that there is a tool for getting grease and baked-on stuff off grills and oven shelves. SO, a good start, BUT after 5 days the hose down which the steam travels became kinked and collapsed, leading to a blockage in the tube so no steam was coming out - well, that's what I assuemd happened - the hose kinked - I didn't run over it or anything, but to be honest it gets tangled very easily and all the time you're using it you have to be very careful not to get any kinks in it.

I took it straight back to the shop and swapped it for a Karcher SC1020, which is 10 cheaper, and doesn't have this design problem. It works just as well but unfortunately doesn't have the same number of tools, which was the best thing about the Vax.

War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections)
War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections)
by Chris Priestley
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gripping stories for my 10yo boy, 5 July 2010
My 10 year old is not a reluctant reader, but I do find it difficult to get him to agree to read new books - we spend ages in the library where he steadfastly refuses to look at anything! He has enjoyed several series of books recently, but I chose this as he had expressed an interest in the Second World War, and loves planes. I bought it for him yesterday and he has been unable to put it down since picking it up - ignoring TV, comptuer, and virtually everything else! To my mind that's a definite hit.

Labyrinth
Labyrinth
by Kate Mosse
Price: 7.03

2.0 out of 5 stars A rambling plot with little action so far., 5 July 2006
This review is from: Labyrinth (Paperback)
I bought this book a few months ago and have been really looking forward to reading it. I started 2 weeks ago and have now got half way through and have ground to a halt. It is a long time since I have given up on a book, but I really feel that I cannot carry on this time. The plot is long-winded and rambling - nothing actually seems to have happened in 376 pages! The characters are confusing, hopping about from one to the other and yet with no depth or feeling for the character - what their motivations are and so on. I expected by this stage in the book to be a bit clearer about what each character's role is in the story, but I have completely lost interest. The only part of the story line at the moment which has any interest at all is that of Alais. There has been a large amount of hype about this book in the press, but I feel it to be unjustified. Sorry, I don't think I'll be picking it up again any time soon for another attempt to finish it.