Profile for Hljod > Reviews

Content by Hljod

Hljod

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Teacher's Guide to Using Historic Houses (Education on Site)
A Teacher's Guide to Using Historic Houses (Education on Site)
by Gail Durbin

4.0 out of 5 stars well put together, good insight to the use of monuments, historical houses etc., 14 Jan. 2015
Well put together, good insight to the use of monuments, historical houses etc. some of the examples/activities can even be convert to be used in museums, at museum exhibitions. I have read this book together the author's similar publications (A Teacher`s guide to learning from objects and to Using Memorials) and while I found this book worth reading and I was very delighted to get good examples and useful ideas, I also noticed some repetition of them. It is well put together, a very good summary for the subject that I have to say I haven't found anything merely similar of, however reading this from a museologist point of view I often felt that the book was written for dummies.! For example: talking about having activities with a camera and taking photographs the author mentions "check that photography is permitted". These are just very basic advices that only absolute beginners may could have a use of. I am sure the book meant to be throughout and to pay careful attention to details. Otherwise this book/these books are really good, all you need to do is to slip through the sentences that doesn't concern the professionals :) I would recommend it not only for teachers but for museum personnel too.

On the Moon (Usborne First Reading)
On the Moon (Usborne First Reading)
by Anna Milbourne

5.0 out of 5 stars We love that it NASA photos, 13 Jan. 2015
My 3 year old loves this book. There is not too much of a text in it so after a few reading he could already finish the sentences. But I think its enough for his age. We love that it NASA photos!

Byzantium 330-1453
Byzantium 330-1453

5.0 out of 5 stars very good! too bad we couldn`t see the exhibition where ..., 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Byzantium 330-1453 (Audio CD)
very good! too bad we couldn`t see the exhibition where this music was originally played. My husband would have enjoyed it a great deal.

Born In Shame: Number 3 in series (Concannon Sisters Trilogy)
Born In Shame: Number 3 in series (Concannon Sisters Trilogy)
by Nora Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars I expected a little more after the other books in ..., 7 Jan. 2015
I expected a little more after the other books in the seria. But it was ok for reading once.

The Villa
The Villa
by Nora Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good one. Maybe I have read too many of ..., 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Villa (Paperback)
This is a good one. Maybe I have read too many of Nora Roberts books, but I kind of expected the twist at the end, and that who committed the crime. Sometimes I felt the story/family to be too idyllic, and I didn't feel the dramas to be so dramatic, but I still liked the book.

Monkey Puzzle
Monkey Puzzle
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars WE love it, I have to read it 3-4 times ..., 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Monkey Puzzle (Paperback)
What a lovely story! WE love it, I have to read it 3-4 times in a row.

Around the Corner Crochet Borders
Around the Corner Crochet Borders
by Edie Eckman

4.0 out of 5 stars It shows plenty of crochet borders that for sure. ..., 17 Sept. 2014
It shows plenty of crochet borders that for sure. I wasn't really impressed though. I have made a few of them, the rest doesn't catch my fancy. However I haven't regretted buying it, it has clear descriptions.

Winnie-the-Pooh
Winnie-the-Pooh
by Ernest H. Shepard

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Winnie-the-Pooh (Hardcover)
the original version of the Winne-the-Pooh; no surprises, I knew what I ordered. Classic.

Minds in Motion: Using Museums to Expand Creative Thinking
Minds in Motion: Using Museums to Expand Creative Thinking
by Alan Reid Gartenhaus

5.0 out of 5 stars a "must" for museum pedagogers, 17 Sept. 2014
However this book is not quite new (1991), It is still one of the best in the field I have to say. I have been looking forward to find a book like this. It is well written, easy to read and avoids complicated and long sentences. It gives not only ideas to achieve a better (an other) using for the museum, but it explains them and works the idea out. I can recommend it to anyone who works with museum pedagogy, both museum professionals and teachers as well.

Montana Sky
Montana Sky

5.0 out of 5 stars good!, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Montana Sky (Kindle Edition)
Although it had too much blood for my taste I still couldn't stop reading it! Engaging characters and good story line. I was not disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3