Profile for G. Marshall > Reviews

Content by G. Marshall

G. Marshall (UK)

Harrington on Hold 'em: Strategic Play v. 1: Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments
by Dan Harrington

5.0 out of 5 stars It would be worth paying to keep this book a secret...., 18 April 2006
My mate left this book half read at my house when he came to visit one day. I'd read it all in 24 hours and i've read it a further 2 or 3 times.

If you want to improve your poker game, read this book.

Very simple - It teaches you;

Hole card requirements/when and where to call or raise and how much.

Analysing the texture of the flop - Whether your hand missed your opponent/is it worth bluffing them off their hand/working out the odds needed to carry on and the implied odds of making your hand + much more detail. Loads of heavily analysed sample hands and situations referring to differences between online and live play. A few surprising little professional tactics that you've probably overlooked in the past.

Turn and river action etc etc.

I'm eager to read the second book as soon as I get my hands on it.

All I would recommend is that you know the basics of poker before you read it and that you have a genuine interest in the technicalities of the game. Oh and read it all. Don't just read the first chapter and consider yourself a genius.