Profile for johnnieuk1 > Reviews

Content by johnnieuk1

johnnieuk1 "johnnieuk1" (Fulham UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
R & B Divas
R & B Divas
Price: 10.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: R & B Divas (Audio CD)
Love this album, some of the old skool singers gather together for an amazing album. My fav tracks are 'Tears Of Joy', 'Dumb', "Tru Colors', but not one crap track :)

A Perfect Contradiction
A Perfect Contradiction
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars and so glad that I did, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
I bought this album on a whim, and so glad that I did. I love the retro sound, and on some tracks how she sounds like Amy Winehouse. Not going to go into detail about every track, other people have already done that, but suffice to say that I bloody love this album :)

Think Like A Man Too - O.S.T.
Think Like A Man Too - O.S.T.
Offered by MEGA Media FBA
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitcase is a terrific first single, 20 July 2014
This album has been overlooked by MJB fans. It is a new album featuring all new songs. Suitcase is a terrific first single, reminding me of Mary at her best. My only gripe is A Night To Remember, sounds like the original, nothing new!

Welcome To The Age Of My Body
Welcome To The Age Of My Body
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 7.77

3.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this thinking that it was a full length ..., 20 July 2014
I purchased this thinking that it was a full length album. 4 tracks, total running time 12 minutes. Gets 3 stars for She Keeps Me warm.

Changing of the gard (1979) [VINYL]
Changing of the gard (1979) [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the best Stargard album, 17 July 2014
This is the best Stargard album, and I have them all. Wear It Out is a stonking disco classic and "Once In a Lifetime' Dream Come true is a beautiful ballad. Footstompin Music is another great song. My only gripe is Put On Your Rollerskates, which is trite but the rest of the album is good/great. Now, how about a CD release!

Dreamin' - The Loleatta Holloway Anthology 1976-1982
Dreamin' - The Loleatta Holloway Anthology 1976-1982
Price: 10.33

4.0 out of 5 stars but listening to Hit & Run and Worn Out Broken Heart and all the other classics just makes me sooo happy! This would have got 5, 8 July 2014
An absolute classic, from the first track to the last. Sadly, Loleatta never gained the huge fame that she really deserved, but listening to Hit & Run and Worn Out Broken Heart and all the other classics just makes me sooo happy!
This would have got 5 stars but the 2 CD's are put together in the cover and so Disc 1 is quite badly scratched, but that is the fault of BBR cause the CD was sealed. But, it plays on my CD player so hey, no big deal.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2014 11:00 PM BST

Heart Of Glass [24-Bit Digitally Remastered 01]
Heart Of Glass [24-Bit Digitally Remastered 01]
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 5 May 2014
One of the best bands ever. And this is one of the best songs ever, from one of the best albums ever!

Diana
Diana
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 5.56

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good album, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Diana (Audio CD)
When this album was recorded Chic were starting to be out of fashion. In the same year as this album they released the Real People album (one of their best) and Sister Sledge 'Got To Love Somebody'. However, this is a great album. Upside Down, I'm Coming Out, 2 of Diana's signature tunes. The rest of the album is very good, especially Friend To Friend and Now That You're Gone. The only track that I am not that keen on is My Old Piano. Although a top 10 hit here in the UK it is not one of Chic's best. But on the whole, up there with The Boss as 1 of Diana's finest moments :)

Hat Full of Stars
Hat Full of Stars
Price: 9.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Hat Full of Stars (Audio CD)
As Cyndi has said before, Tommy Mottala said to her 'go and make your Graceland'. Cyndi did, but with no promotion from Sony (Tommy was too busy with Mariah Carey), it didn't do as well as other Cyndi albums. I would have to say that this is her best album by miles. It starts off with 'Thats What I Think', one of the catchiest songs ever, then we have 'Sallys Pigeons', one of the saddest songs I have heard. If you want to buy an exceptional album, here it is :)

Between Each Line Of Pain And Glory: My Life Story
Between Each Line Of Pain And Glory: My Life Story
by Gladys Knight

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., 1 Feb 2014
If I had to say one thing about this book is that it wasn't long enough. A lot of the book was devoted to starting the band and the Motown years. The Buddah years get a mention but no mention of the CBS or MCA years. Also, no real mention of the alledged friction between Gladys and Aretha.
Having said that, a very good read, jut wish it was longer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4