Profile for Lesley > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Outdoor Seat Bench Garden Furniture 2 Seater 100% Recycled Plastic
Outdoor Seat Bench Garden Furniture 2 Seater 100% Recycled Plastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent garden bench., 17 April 2015
Excellent garden bench, excellent price. Seen similar at £500+. It is nothing like the cheap plastic garden benches from pound shops etc. it is VERY heavy and will not blow away in the wind. It looks like wood and is very easy to clean. No more staining! Been looking for something like this for years. Highly recommended. Snap it up while you can.

Yellow Professional Hard Floor Cleaning Squeegee & Strong Alloy Handle For Tiles, Concrete, Wood And Marble.
Offered by The Chemical Hut

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 16 April 2015
Bought this to clear water off the patio after power-washing and it works a treat, even though our patio flags are not the most level in the world! Ideal for scooting the standing water down the drain, much better than a brush. Works better if you pull it rather push it.

swell Advanced Volumising Shampoo 250 ml
swell Advanced Volumising Shampoo 250 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 26 Feb. 2015
I had very high hopes of this shampoo, but I'm not impressed. My hair is fine, but it has a slight wave, which normally gives it a bit of body. This shampoo leaves it very straight and slippery, which for me means limp and flat. I have not noticed an improvement in volume at all. I won't be buying it again. Giovanni Root 66 is better for me at a fraction of the price.

HOW TO PAINT (cats) with GOUACHE
HOW TO PAINT (cats) with GOUACHE

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough illustration., 21 Feb. 2015
There's a reason you don't get to see much of this book in the preview - it would put you off buying. The majority of this book is writing; about what gouache us, how to choose brushes, paper, colours etc. If you already paint in other mediums you already know this. What I wanted was lots of detailed step-by-step start to finish demonstrations of paintings. You get a few very small pictures towards the end of the book. It was only a couple of pounds so not the end of the world, but disappointing.

Herbier brodé : Promenade dans les jardins anglais
Herbier brodé : Promenade dans les jardins anglais
by Kazuko Aoki

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book., 23 Dec. 2014
Gorgeous book. The writing is in French - for some reason there doesn't seem to be an English version - but it is easy to work out the stitches from the diagrams and with fairly basic French I was able to get the gist of the description. The embroidery is beautiful and makes you want to have a go.

Magic Cooker Thermal Insulated Cooking Pot 5.5L
Magic Cooker Thermal Insulated Cooking Pot 5.5L

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last, 22 Dec. 2014
I was very impressed with this cooker at first. We took it on holiday with us and came back to lovely warm stews every night. But then I noticed that the food wasn't quite as hot over the same period of time, and then finally, after only 9 months of use it was almost cold. It appears that the seal has gone. For £60 I expected it to last much longer. I have now bought a Mr D Thermal Cooker, same concept but much better quality. It was twice the price of the Magic Cooker, but it goes to prove the saying, buy cheap,buy twice.

Joy Fielding's the Other Woman [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Joy Fielding's the Other Woman [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

1.0 out of 5 stars Not anywhere near as good as the book, 13 Oct. 2014
Very disappointing. Not anywhere near as good as the book. Bad acting, cardboard characters, trite dialogue. Don't bother.

Silipos Boot Bumper | Slip on Protection | Gel Pads for both Ankle & Dorsal part of the foot | Large / X Large
Offered by Footcare UK Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars This is ok for the job it does, but ..., 13 Oct. 2014
This is ok for the job it does, but everyone should be aware that this is a SINGLE item. They are not sold in pairs. Why? Who knows. It's a boot bumper. Last time I looked, boots came in pairs. £15.99 for a pair, ok. £15.99 for one, outrageous.

Herbaceous (Little Toller Monographs)
Herbaceous (Little Toller Monographs)
by Paul Evans

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Jun. 2014
First of all, this book is very small, A5 size not A4 as you might think from the photo. Fortunately I only ordered my copy from the library and the only reason I did was for the much touted Kurt Jackson illustrations. Well, I have added the images to the listing. There are exactly 5 poor quality black and white drawings by Kurt Jackson and the rest of the book is writing by Paul Evans. Some of the writing is ok, but if like me you were after Kurt Jackson artwork, this book is not for you.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2014 12:57 PM BST

Musical Candle
Musical Candle
Offered by Office Stationery Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Musical Candle (Kitchen & Home)
A previous musical candle that I had was activated when lit and stopped when extinguished. I thought this was the same but this ridiculous little article has to be twisted at the base to make it play. You can't actually do this manoeuvre with the candle on a cake so you have to set it playing, then put it on the cake, then light it. If I'd known this I would not have ordered it. It's gone in the bin.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4