Profile for Corporate Hippy > Reviews

Content by Corporate Hippy

Corporate Hippy (Hampshire, UK)

Oxford Black Patent Leather Shiny Evening or Dinner Suit Shoes - 9 UK
Oxford Black Patent Leather Shiny Evening or Dinner Suit Shoes - 9 UK
Offered by Shoesbyclaire

5.0 out of 5 stars Posh Shoes for aspiring Rat Packers, 13 Mar. 2011
Having just bought a new tuxedo, I decided that proper dress shoes were a necessity.

These Montecatini's look very stylish, are well made with nice leather, and are very comfortable. The price from this retailer is excellent, and 25-30% cheaper than I have seen elsewhere for the same item. That's all you need to know really. The delivery process was faultless, so thankyou very much!

Hanging Harry Light Pull (by Suck UK)
Hanging Harry Light Pull (by Suck UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a lightpull ..., 13 Mar. 2011
What can you say about this lightpull ? The cord fits snugly around it's neck, it's comfortable and easy to grasp and yank downwards, and it does it's job very well.

It also makes me smile every time I use it.

How To Run A Great Hotel: Everything You Need to Achieve Excellence in the Hotel Industry
by Enda M Larkin

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has helped me improve my Resort, 4 Nov. 2010
I co-own a small resort in Thailand, which was created from scratch 3 years ago, and has evolved more through large amounts of passion, than by proper business planning, into an establishment that is listed in Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, and has made #1 on Trip Advisor.

I was drawn to the title of this book, as excellence is what we are constantly aspiring to.

Having read the book, I can say it offers exactly what I was looking for in terms of sound, easy-to-read advice on the business theory aspects of running a hotel, and in clear language that is easy to explain to the team on site. We have made particular use of the Tools & Resources section, in particular the check sheets around guest expectations, which is all content that you sort of know, but don't necessarily focus on properly and systematically in order to drive to be the best that you can be. Mr Larkin was kind enough to send me soft copies of all the appendix templates as well. The author clearly understands business theory and it's practical application to the hotel sector.

I like the way that the book provokes thought, by posing questions about your business that need answers if you aspire to be the best. Obviously you have to tweak all this to your own environment, but you'd expect that anyway. It makes you take a step back from the all-consuming operational day-to-day running, and think about your establishment as a proper business, what you want to achieve out of it, and the key aspects of strategy and planning that will help you achieve that, which for us were largely ignored in the excitement and "lifestyle" focus of setting up a business in paradise. The section on the linkages between your Vision/Mission, Goals, Strategy and Actions to take in the next year was very useful to me in establishing proper operational targets for the on-site management, that help me achieve my objectives as an owner.

In summary, I highly recommend this book.

For further practical reading, I also found Michael Gerber's "The E-Myth Revisited (Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It)" very useful for the small business/(hotel) that wants to make the next step up the ladder of success.

Panasonic KXTG7322 DECT Twin With Answer Machine - Silver
Panasonic KXTG7322 DECT Twin With Answer Machine - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DECT PHone, 14 Oct. 2008
I bought this to use for working at home and after one month I can say that I am very pleased with it.

Handsfree loudspeaker volume is LOUD ! The mute button works very well too.

The phone feels good in the hand and call quality is good. No issues with battery life, and the backlit orange keys are quite cool. The keys are fairly large and easy to use.

This is my first Panasonic and it's all good so far ...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2008 4:26 PM GMT