Profile for Mr. B. S. Cottee > Reviews

Content by Mr. B. S. Cottee

Mr. B. S. Cottee "kraftee" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Griffin Survivor Case for iPad Air 2 - Black/Blue
Griffin Survivor Case for iPad Air 2 - Black/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Jan. 2015
Nice 'little' case which fits quite snuggly

Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Desktop Stand for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5/5S/iPad Mini
Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Desktop Stand for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5/5S/iPad Mini
Offered by nVOOD:Store - everything available immediately

5.0 out of 5 stars Good useful product for the correct kit, 7 Jan. 2015
After reading some of the reviews I was wondering about the differing ratings.
All I can say is that after reading all the bad reviews I was a little concerned about this product but after reading the instructions and a little logical thinking quickly resulted with a stable tight fitting platform which will charge both my IPhone 6 plus and my IPod Touch 5, both with them wearing a Griffin Survivor case (which are bulky).
Ok it won't accept third party charging leads but that's of little consequence.
Yes I would recommend this for any one using an Apple product, using this type of lead.

Henge Docks Gravitas 30 Pin Dock/Stand for Apple iPhone 4/4s/iPad/iPod Touch - Silver
Offered by Top-Tech-Outlet

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product let down by a poor supplier., 26 Dec. 2014
Whilst I can't fault the dock unfortunately I can't say the same about the supplier.
The unit appears to be second user as all the 'extra' inserts are missing and the supplier is very reticent to actually do anything about it, other than me returning the unit (price for sending back 1Kg via royal mail on a £20 product, is it practical?).

As for the unit, it more than meets expectation and meets the ambience which appears to be created by all Apple products. The unit is, as mentioned above, about 1Kg so is very stable and doesn't slip all over the desk, unlike any device just connected via a USB lead.

Fortunately I've got a 32pin extension lead so I don't run the risk of damaging the 32 pin plug. Ok it doesn't look as neat as it could but it serves the purpose.

Yes I could recommend this unit (either 32 pin or lightening connector) to friends but I'm afraid I can't say the same for the supplier.

3x Teekanne (Grüner Tee Orange & Ingwer) green tea orange-ginger (each box 20 tea bags)
Offered by AnOL

1.0 out of 5 stars Unprofessional and no goods, 23 Oct. 2014
Emails queries not replied to and no goods, need I say any more.

2 Charging Cables for Fitbit Flex Only (not for Fitbit One or other Models) Band Wireless Activity Bracelet Sport Wristband Fit Bit Flex Bracelet Sport Arm Band Armband Charge Charger USB Wire
Offered by Sales La

4.0 out of 5 stars They work but it my be cheaper to fully check what already have., 8 Oct. 2014
Bought these as my original charging leads were apparently going faulty.
When I received them they were 'professionally', individually packaged and looked the part.
Which brings it down to do they work?
Well, I had the same 'problems' I had with my originals which led to finding a solution, which could save some other users some money......
And that is that the leads appear to have sticky/slightly mis aligned pins and after placing your FitBit into the charging leaden just gently push it into the pins a couple of times and it should start charging (well mine always do).
I now have an embarrassment of charging leads now but at least I know that they all work and that they will probably outlast my FitBit or at least until I upgrade my device (lusting after an Apple watch, which do look nice)

knocked a star off because of the design flaw inherent with these chargers.

EC Technology® Superspeed USB 3.0 10-Port Hub with 7 Standard USB 3.0 Ports and 3 Super USB Charging Ports (2 x 1A + 1 x 2.1A)
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better.., 8 Oct. 2014
Looks the part and does what it states on the box, my one niggle is that if I plug my IPad into one of the data ports I immediately get a message on my IPad that it cannot be charged from that port. Easily remedied (if I want to only charge it) by moving it to one of the charging sockets) not so easy if I want to both charge and pass data, so it is not as 'invisible' as one would hope.

Possibly something to look at on the next version

HDMI Cable, High Speed 1.4a Version, Gold Plated Full HD 1080P HDMI To HDMI Lead - 5m
Offered by Yousave Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 7 July 2014
I wanted a reasonably priced, reasonable in quality and 5metre long.
Well this is and works well...

Crucial 32GB 4x 8GB DDR3 1600 MT/s CL9 @1.5V Ballistix Sport UDIMM 240 Pin Memory Module Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars works when lesser manufactirers don't, 28 Jun. 2014
Difficult on how to say this but these work, the previously purchased memory (from another manufacturer) didn't.

I know I'll stick with Crucial from now one.

Hozelock 3/4"" Accessory Adaptors 2289
Hozelock 3/4"" Accessory Adaptors 2289
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Jun. 2014
Bought to go with the Contech ScareCrow Outdoor Animal Deterrent and it does the job perfectly.

Contech ScareCrow Outdoor Animal Deterrent - CRO-101
Contech ScareCrow Outdoor Animal Deterrent - CRO-101
Offered by MASSMARKET-ITALY

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, no problems, 28 Jun. 2014
Well at least it gives the people who are tending to wander into our back garden a scare (and a soaking). It's their fault anyway as the contract was supposed to have been finally signed off in April.

No leaks, plenty of pressure, nice wide spread. Don't know about the cats yet as it's only been a month but it certainly does what they advertise. The leaks which are mentioned in a few feedbacks could very well be down to how the unit is put together as it is home construction, I was extremely surprised as to how small the box was, but after visually inspection to ensure the washer were where they should be and only tightening up each connection hand tight (you can over tighten which could cause problems) and the only problem was where to put the unit to get the maximum coverage of my garden

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8