Profile for Margo Price - Author > Reviews

Content by Margo Price - ...

Margo Price - Author (Southampton, UK)

The Spike collection: Ten random short stories
The Spike collection: Ten random short stories
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A great collection of stories, 9 Jan 2014
I read a lot of short stories - some dark, some funny, some downright depressing but what ever the theme I like them to talk to me, to reflect some aspect of my life that I can identify with. When I happened across Martin's collection of unique stories, each one a little different, some with wry humour, some laugh-out-loud and some (I'm talking about the Spike here) that make your toes curl, I knew I'd found something special! Most of all I felt I could identify with many of the incidents that occur throughout this great little book. Well done Martin - looking forward to your next collection...

The Trapeze Artist
The Trapeze Artist
Price: 7.71

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Books I Have Ever Read!, 22 Oct 2013
I absolutely loved this book and was completely absorbed till the last sentence. I should say that I didn't buy it but happened across it at my local library - but this was the only way I could think of to tell the author how terrific the book was. The book handles its subject very sensitively and the multi-viewpoint format is almost seamless yet you always know who is speaking. The circus scenes, particularly those with Vlad and Jethro, the clown, are so visual that you can almost smell the greasepaint and experience the grim lives of the performers.

A towering success, Will. I can't wait to read your other books!

The Bag Making Bible: The Complete Guide to Sewing and Customizing Your Own Unique Bags
by Amy Butler
Price: 5.60

3.0 out of 5 stars More proofreading please!, 26 Sep 2011
There is lots of interesting information in this book but it would have benefitted from a thorough proofreading as there are some mistakes and headings in the wrong places. I don't like the use of non-standard acronyms such as WSO or RST as you have to keep referring back to remind yourself what they mean. A good book that could have been great with a bit more attention to detail.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2013 7:12 PM BST

Tilda's Studio: Over 50 Fresh Projects for You and Your Home
Tilda's Studio: Over 50 Fresh Projects for You and Your Home
by Tone Finnanger
Price: 10.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 26 Sep 2011
I have all the other Tone Finnegar books so when I saw this one advertised with fresh projects I couldn't wait to buy it. But I was very disappointed as the projects are very similar to those in the other books. Instructions are still as confusing or hardly there at all as in the case of quilts! Bird-cages are nice but very little else caught my eye. A waste of money.