Profile for E. Kay > Reviews

Content by E. Kay

E. Kay "Eeek" (London UK)

Shut Up Brain!
Shut Up Brain!

5.0 out of 5 stars You will LLOL (literally laugh out loud), 15 April 2014
This review is from: Shut Up Brain! (Kindle Edition)
Funny, wry observations on family life with young children, awkward social moments, and navigating social niceties in the workplace. Mr. Conmy brilliantly catalogues those moments when that voice in our head gives us bad advice and leaves us wanting the world to swallow us whole at that very moment. They are his experiences, but we all laugh out loud because anyone who has been left crimson after a social faux pas or an innocent, but terribly direct question from a child can relate.

I am looking forward to his next instalment as his children begin school, he hits his next “significant birthday” and more people who put the ‘strange’ into stranger sit next to him on his train journeys in to London….

Paul Frank Bag Shoulder Bag - Headphones Black Fuschia Pink
Paul Frank Bag Shoulder Bag - Headphones Black Fuschia Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Stylish, 24 Sep 2013
I bought this as a school bag for my daughter over 6 months ago. This bag has taken a beating and constantly been overfilled with school books. I am happy to report that it is still looking good. No busting seams. No breaking straps. Great value for money.

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband - Slate
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband - Slate
Offered by sotel-germany

3.0 out of 5 stars There's no UK food database, 24 Sep 2013
I purchased the fitbit about 6 weeks ago. I charged it up and got started right away. I was keen. I was enthusiastic. I loved the design and it was comfortable to wear.

6 weeks later? Not so much...

The reason lies 100% with the food database. We all know it's calories in vs calories burned. The fitbit monitors calories burned brilliantly, which is the reason for three stars. However, the food database they provide is geared towards North America so monitoring the calories taken in - for a complete picture - is time consuming and frustrating. Yes, I can enter food manually and start building my own database. But this has grown tedious. My fitbit ran out of battery a few days ago and I haven't recharged it because I have run out of patience.

If you live outside of North America and you only want a device that will track activity, then this is a brilliant gadget for you. It was pretty accurate with my activity and exertion records. It synced with my Android and the app is great. I also liked the silent morning alarm, which vibrates on my wrist to wake me and doesn't wake my sleeping family in the morning.

Last word? When Fitbit launch a UK food database, I will be charging it up again and I will get back in the game!

A Salad for All Seasons
A Salad for All Seasons
by Harry Eastwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not suitable for vegetarians :(, 29 April 2013
I loved Harry Eastwood’s Red Velvet & Chocolate heartache. It’s been my recent go-to baking book and I have recommended to anyone who has any interest in baking. So when I saw that she was publishing a book on salads I was super excited as I love unique, tasty salads and had faith that she would deliver. I know she’s not a vegetarian, but I will take inspiration from all types of cookbooks and modify recipes if needed. However, I went through the whole cookbook and I’d estimate that about 90% involves meat, seafood, rennet based cheeses, etc. And not only that, but with most I didn’t really see a way to modify the salad to suit a veggie without woefully compromising the integrity of the salad.

I am giving three stars because I feel that any less is unfair to this talented woman - as she never advertised it as catering to vegetarians. But I was gutted and I returned a cookery book for the first time in my life. (I do feel a bit “left out of the party” on this!) I just felt I needed to give my input to save any vegetarians/vegans out there the hassle.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2013 7:04 PM BST