Profile for Ann creedon > Reviews

Content by Ann creedon

Ann creedon

Page: 1 | 2
The Passage (The Passage Trilogy Book 1)
The Passage (The Passage Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 12 Feb 2014
A thoroughly absorbing trilogy. I read some reviews prior to reading the book and a few said the second part was disappointing, but I didn't find it so. I enjoyed all of it and would like to read more of his books.

The Snow Child
The Snow Child

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting story., 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Snow Child (Kindle Edition)
The Snow Child was a lovely, fairy tale type of story. It was beautifully written and it kept my interest the whole way through. It was sad and uplifting as well. I really enjoyed it.

Far from the Madding Crowd
Far from the Madding Crowd

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - old fashioned writing, 1 Oct 2013
I really enjoyed this book. His use of language is amazing and the characters are so real. I got completely lost in the period - so different from modern day writing. A true classic.

The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy
The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy

3.0 out of 5 stars The Lewis Man, 16 April 2013
It was quite a good read. It held my attention, but wasn't awe inspiring. Certain parts were much more interesting than others.

Half Hidden
Half Hidden
by Emma Blair

5.0 out of 5 stars Half Hidden, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Half Hidden (Paperback)
I haven't actually read this, but I bought it for a friend who had read it before and had been trying to find in everywhere so that she could read it again. She loved it the second time too. That says it all!

A Tale of Two Cities
A Tale of Two Cities

4.0 out of 5 stars A Tale of Two Cities, 16 April 2013
\i enjoyed this book because I love Dickens. I don't think it was one of his best ones. I will probably read it again, because I think a second reading would be better.

A Little Boy Lost
A Little Boy Lost

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: A Little Boy Lost (Kindle Edition)
A strange little book, very different, but it did keep my interest all the way through. It was a bit like a children's story and I can imagine children enjoying this book.

David Copperfield
David Copperfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Dickens at his best, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: David Copperfield (Kindle Edition)
I love Dickens use of language. The names he uses conjure up a picture of the character before it is even described. The characters come to life and I was totally engrossed all the way through. I had read it about 55 years ago, but I appreciated it much more this time.

Life Of Pi
Life Of Pi

4.0 out of 5 stars Very different. Well written., 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Life Of Pi (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. Even though it took place mainly in a life raft, it was absorbing, well written and funny. It was a change to read a very different book from the norm.

Wait For Me (Against All Odds Book 1)
Wait For Me (Against All Odds Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit unbelievable and far-fetched, 9 Feb 2013
I found the storyline a bit far-fetched and predictable. I got fed up with all the sex scenes. It was promising to start with, but I got bored with it eventually.

Page: 1 | 2