Profile for Sheila Napper > Reviews

Content by Sheila Napper

Sheila Napper "smn21" (United Kingdom)

100 Classic Book Collection (Nintendo DS)
100 Classic Book Collection (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 6.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 'game' I own., 1 Mar 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, this is obviously not a 'game' and many will think it is a totally rubbish idea and really stupid having books on a DS, as I once did also. Thank God I read more reviews on it though, because soon the idea had grown on me and I found myself rushing out one weekend for a copy of my own! It has completely changed me, as before I would only read occasionally at school (I am 14) and now most of my time is spent reading not from a book, but from a DS screen! I mean, wow, what a brilliant idea! There are so many different books to choose from, I have mainly been trying to dig out all the books with animals in them lol, and am currently enjoying Black Beauty, but have also been introduced to author such as Jane Austen. The addition of music is superb as I often now find listening to a fire crackling in the background very relaxing while reading. Turning the pages is really easy and quite fun to do actually when you are used to turning them normally with a real book, plus as other reviewers have said it is so much easier to carry a DS rather than a heavy book.
Overall this is definitely the best game I have on DS and I am thoroughly enjoying reading books that I would never have read otherwise. It is great for those who are already book lovers or is also brilliant for introducing those who prefer films and rarely read at all. It is a 'game' that really is for all ages and will last you a long, long time! Buy a.s.a.p!

Hamsterz 2 (Nintendo DS)
Hamsterz 2 (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Renaissance
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Game!, 17 Feb 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love this game! The graphics are fab, the music sounds great, and overall gameplay is incredibly addictive! The menus are really easy to navigate as everything is neat and tidy, and the hamsterz look really realistic aswell. Its really good fun looking after all the little hamsters and there are loads of breeds and colours to choose from, along with many items to go with them. The fact that your hamster can have babies aswell gives you something else to aim for so keeps you playing for much longer. I have been playing this for about 30-40 minutes each day for the past few months and I still have not tired of it lol. It is certainly good for all ages aswell as I am 14 and this is one of my best games. Buy this if you are looking for a good virtual pet game that will keep you playing for months.....

Bunnyz (Nintendo DS)
Bunnyz (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and Addictive!, 17 Feb 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Bunnyz (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is a really adorable game and I have become thoroughly addicted to it! You basically choose a rabbit/bunny to take care of, name it ect and then everyday do the usuall feed, clean, care for..ect routine. This is all done really well with good realistic graphics and nice simple music and sound effects. The controls are fab with good use of the touch screen, and the layout of the game looks really cute overall. The addition of mini games, makes the game even more addictive as those who would normally get bored quickly with just feeding your bunny, will also have something else to do to keep them occupied. Also, the fact that in order to gain items for your pet you have to complete mini games, is another great thing about this game as it differs from the usual 'earn money, go to shop, buy item, put in cage' routine.
Overall, I think that if you love animals or cute and adorable virtual pet games then definitely consider buying this. I am 14, and have had many hours of enjoyment out of this and still do. Also, the game is going pretty cheap now so you will certainly get your moneys worth of it. Buy Now!

Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise (Nintendo DS)
Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise (Nintendo DS)
Offered by CD DIXIE
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Sweet., 13 Feb 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is really lovely to play! The aim is pretty simple, you take care of a garden and attract new pinata, eventually encouraging them to mate.
I found the graphics were really brilliant, and exactly what you would expect from a ds game, filled with beautiful bright colours. The game sounds brilliant with good music and sound effects - rain, bugs ect. The controls are super, I have not played this on any other consoles but I think the DS is perfect for this type of gameplay, using the D-pad to move the camera around and the stylus for selecting objects and pinata.
Overall I would recommend Viva Pinata to anyone who enjoyed Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon. It is slow to start but once you have a few pinata in your garden is great fun. It is taking me ages to complete which is good, I am 14 and have been going on this every evening after school for over a week now, and still I have only completed 21%, so am looking forward to progressing more hopefully tonight when I go to bed lol. I also think it is great for all ages really as I know both young and old people who have enjoyed playing the game.

Call of Duty 4  Modern Warfare (Nintendo DS)
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Global Xpress
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for DS!, 3 Feb 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is my first 'Call of Duty' game so I didn't really know what to expect, but I have to say, I was pretty amazed at how it turned out!
The gameplay is fantastic, I found it really gripping and lots of fun, plus it has lots of great settings to roam around in. Your team mates sort of follow you around and stuff and help fight with you, which I thought was good as they all acted as you would expect in a war situation, even saying the odd phrase or two.
For the DS, I thought the graphics were amazing. Everything was clear and moved along smoothly with all the gunfire and explosions, it looked quite reallistic actually, considering this is a portable console its on. The charaters are all very realistic and so are the settings, and I honestly could not believe I was playing on the DS, the graphics are that good!
Soundwise everything is really good, it plays good music at certain times and then quietens it down to just gunfire when fighting, which I think is really very effective.
The controls had me scared at first, I must admit, but after about 10-15mins of play I had them sussed and found them really easy to use. The aiming with the stylus is a really good idea and thought it much easier to use than some other games.
Overall this is a really good game and to be enjoyed loads! Get this if your into shooter games packed with action! Many of my friends have said it is a game for boys only but I am a girl and really enjoy shooting all those enimies!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2011 1:55 PM GMT

Top Trumps: Dr Who (Nintendo DS)
Top Trumps: Dr Who (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Renaissance
Price: 11.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not great., 29 Jan 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I'm a fourteen year old girl and I love both top tumps and Doctor Who so of course I was really excited about the game when I saw it in the shops. When I finally got it for my birthday, though, I must admit it was a bit disappointing.
The gameplay itself is actually pretty addictive although after a while it did get very boring and repetative. You basically just look at a card and choose the highest number on it that you think will beat your opponents card (like in normal top trumps), and then hope you win. And thats it, over and over again until the game is completed.
The mini games inbetween levels were just plain annoying, they were so pointless and not any fun at all. I thought the music was very annoying also, and often found myself turning the sound off on the DS.
Overall, I think this game is Ok, perhaps good if you just want something to do in the car when bored. But if your looking for a good excting game to keep you occupied for a long time then this is a definite no no.