Profile for Annaz > Reviews

Content by Annaz

Annaz

How to Restore Classic Car Bodywork: New Updated & Revised Edition (Enthusiast's Restoration Manual Series)
by Martin Thaddeus

4.0 out of 5 stars A very usefull addition to your restoration library, 26 Nov. 2014
I have found this book very useful in helping me to understand some of the methods in dealing with restoring damaged and rusty car metalwork. Step by step procedures on all major areas of most types of body construction inc, doors, sills, bonnets, wings and boots.
The only reason I've given this 4 stars is because I felt it was to specific to Triumphs, (spitfire and stags mostly) so if are thinking of restoring one of these you'll be quids in! You do get the general idea though.

Professional Sheet Metal Fabrication (Motorbooks Workshop)
Professional Sheet Metal Fabrication (Motorbooks Workshop)
by Ed Barr

5.0 out of 5 stars A sensible buy for the budding sheet metal enthusiast, 26 Nov. 2014
I've been doing evening classes at South Leeds College recently on automotive welding/metal fabrication and I bought this to accompany my studies. I found it very useful and informative and I would say that if you only buy one book on this subject this is the one to go for. It doesn't dwell on the tools you'll need so much, like some other books do, but gets right on with the advice and techniques for carrying out sheet metal body repairs from basic to quite advanced levels.

Cold Meat and How To Disguise It: A History of Advice on How to Survive Hard Times, A Hundred Years of Belt Tightening
by Hunter Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and informative, 26 Jan. 2014
A good read for all ages, younger people could learn how basic fun was all we have in the olden days but it was great fun nonetheless and older people can relive all that fun.
There are anecdotes, advice and instructions to build some truly Heath Robinson labour saving devices.
I'll be keeping it for later reference

Everbuild CHD5L Concrete Hardener and Dustproofer 403 5L
Everbuild CHD5L Concrete Hardener and Dustproofer 403 5L
Offered by JT Atkinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 18 July 2013
I've used this product in the past and it's very effective. It covers really well, as it's quite watery, and significantly reduces dust.
Excellent value!

Tomahawk
Tomahawk

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael has done it again, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Tomahawk (Audio CD)
If you are new to Tomahawk this is a good place to start. Some great metal grooves and rythmic timings and a few more sedate tracks. I like them all.
I'm a big fan of Mike Patton and his arrangement, production and experimental tendancies but if you've only arrived here because you're a fan of Faith no More you won't be disappointed!

Octane Twisted [Jewel Case With Slipcase]
Octane Twisted [Jewel Case With Slipcase]

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent live sound quality, 18 Dec. 2012
I've got everthing PT have done, even from the 'delerium years' (which we're not supposed to mention) The standout feature of this immaculately presented double live cd is the sound and performance.
The only reason I've given it 4 stars is down to personal taste, in that I think the song choices could've been better but I appreciate it may have had a lot to do with using the best recorded performances.
All in all It gives a good idea of how brilliant these guys are at playing live and should have you rushing out to buy a ticket next time they're in town
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2013 1:49 PM BST

Trust Me, I'm Dr Ozzy
Trust Me, I'm Dr Ozzy
by Ozzy Osbourne

3.0 out of 5 stars I different angle for the prince of darkness, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Trust Me, I'm Dr Ozzy (Hardcover)
I've been reading quite a few biographies recently so I thought I'd give this a whirl ahead of Ozzy's official autobiography.
It's a fair mixture of facts, humour and advice. The humour is typical of what you would expect from Ozzy, straight to the point! There is some intelligent advice from someone who has been learning the hard way about common sense for most of his life, though it has to be said the majority of this advice is best taken as tongue in cheek.
There are also quiz sections at the end of each chapter, but most will find guesswork being the key factor in answering these.
In all not startlingly brilliant but a lot of fun nonetheless.

The Very Best
The Very Best

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what is says, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Very Best (Audio CD)
I was looking for a best of INXS cd and this covers all their popular single releases complimented with a succinct editorial and a range of pictures.
A certain degree of remastering is evident.
If you are looking for a best of INXS this is the one to buy

The Future Mrs Enrique Iglesias Poster - 43cm x 30cm
The Future Mrs Enrique Iglesias Poster - 43cm x 30cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Rediculous postage cost, 25 Oct. 2012
I was wanting to buy two of these fridge magnets for my daughter and the postage and packing comes out at over £4 each?????

I have to assume this is a mistake?