Profile for jo thompson > Reviews

Content by jo thompson

jo thompson (spalding, lincolnshire United Kingdom)

Blue Waffle
Blue Waffle

5.0 out of 5 stars Some like coffee, some like tea, all I want is the GLC., 20 April 2014
This review is from: Blue Waffle (Audio CD)
Unless Ruth Madoc and Anthony Hopkins form a hip hop/rap duo, Blue Waffle might possibly remain the best Welsh rap album of all time.

As a slightly mature lady myself, I was delighted to hear such songs as 'Older ladies' and '70's Muff'.

A thoroughly enjoyable, entertaining and funky piece of work.

Hi-Five Soup!
Hi-Five Soup!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey homies! Get your groove on with The Aquabats!, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Hi-Five Soup! (Audio CD)
This is the go-to album for long car journeys with the children as we all love it. We sing along to every song and have an absolute whale of a time. It's daft enough to be fun for all of us and the music is perfectly good enough for adult ears.

Moomin Biscuits (175g)
Moomin Biscuits (175g)
Offered by Candy Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars Moom-in-my-tummy biscuits, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Moomin Biscuits (175g) (Misc.)
Very tasty and very Moominy. Could not ask for more. Very few broken biscuits. Would definitely buy these again as my children adored them.

Mister Seahorse (Picture Puffin)
Mister Seahorse (Picture Puffin)
by Eric Carle

5.0 out of 5 stars Mister Seahorse, 17 Dec 2011
Beautiful, colourful illustrations. The acetate pages are really good and provide plenty of entertainment to my children (they're easily pleased)! I love the fact that the book is factual and educational, yet my children find it as fascinating and spell binding as a fairy tale.

Rooster's Off to See the World (Picture Puffin)
Rooster's Off to See the World (Picture Puffin)
by Eric Carle

5.0 out of 5 stars Rooster, 17 Dec 2011
Beautiful pictures and an enjoyable story with a moral to it! You don't find many books about roosters, and my children love them so I was really pleased to find this book!

Crocodile Creek Drinking Bottle Princess
Crocodile Creek Drinking Bottle Princess
Offered by The Gift and Food Parcel Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Wuvverly waterbottles, 27 Sep 2011
Very useful and well made product. My daughter loves it for the way it looks and because of it's ease of use. I really like the fact that there is a protective cap over the spout too. It's also very easy to wash, which is a bonus!

100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet
100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet
by Lesley Stanfield

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Book!, 25 July 2011
This book contains absolutely gorgeous and detailed designs and the patterns are really easy to follow too! Bonus! I've made many of the flowers now and they've all come out perfectly. I love this book and quite a few of my knitting buddies who've leafed through my copy have gone on to buy their own because they love it too! It's nice that it doesn't specify yarns or needle sizes as it encourages you to get on and use whatever you have in your stash. I did find it a bit nerve wracking at first though and felt I was taking quite a gamble not knowing exactly what size needles/hooks to use, but everything's gone well and I've learnt to be a bit more 'free' with my creations and it's even encouraged me to make up my own patterns!