Profile for I. Gallagher > Reviews

Content by I. Gallagher

I. Gallagher "Emeraldlight" (Stevenage, Herts, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sophie's Choice (Special Edition) [DVD]
Sophie's Choice (Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Merryl Streeps best movies, 9 Dec 2010
I am a Meryl Streep fan so I was looking forward to watching this DVD. As always Meryl is a superb actress, her Polish accent was really good. It is a very powerfully moving movie especially when she has to decide which of her children to give up in the concentration camp. The movie holds your interest right up until the end. Meryl's performance was definitely worthy of an Oscar.

Purple Switch Sticks Luxury Walking stick - folding and adjustable
Purple Switch Sticks Luxury Walking stick - folding and adjustable

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Walking Stick, 20 May 2010
I love my 'Switch Stick,' it is stylish and being purple it is my favourite colour. I had a bad attack of vertigo seven weeks ago and lost my balance completely I couldn't even walk around my home safely without loosing balance. So I came to the Amazon website looking for a walking stick. I really didn't want an old fashioned wooden one even though I am 63 years old I am young at heart and felt that a wooden walking stick was too grannyish. I found 'Switch Sticks' and discovered that there was one in my favourite colour so I ordered one immediately. I find it great for helping my balance indoors and out of doors and it always looks smart and stylish. It folds up and stores away in it's own carrying pouch too when not in use. 'Switch Sticks' also come in many styles and colours with a selection of accessories. I would recommend anyone who wants to look young at heart to try one.

Body at Prayer: An Introduction
Body at Prayer: An Introduction
by H. Caffarel

4.0 out of 5 stars The Body at Prayer, 20 May 2010
I first bought this book about 20 years ago, then I lost it in one of several successive moves and never expected to find it again. So when I found it on Amazon I was overjoyed. It is a nice little book that talks about how we can use our bodies in worship. I always found the different poses useful for stilling the mind and centering on God. Also for a humble approach during intercessory prayer. I even asked my husband to make me a prayer stool like the one used in the book and found it very useful during times of meditation.

The Long Black Veil
The Long Black Veil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Celtic music - The Chieftains - The Long Black Veil, 17 April 2010
This review is from: The Long Black Veil (Audio CD)
I love Celtic music and have been thinking of buying the Chieftain's music for years. Well I finally got around to it and believe me it was well worth it. I enjoyed every minute of this album, favourite tracks are, 'Have I told you that I love you' and 'The Lily of the West'. I also bought 'Santiago' and 'The Wide World Over'. All three albums are a good buy. The title song on this album 'The Long Black Veil is one that I have known for years as it was one of my favourite songs sung by Johnny Cash and that is what attracted me to this album in the first place.

Overcome
Overcome
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable first Album, 14 Mar 2010
This review is from: Overcome (Audio CD)
I find this first album by Alexandra Burke quite enjoyable. Personal favourite tracks are Bad Boys, and Broken Heels. I like Hallelujah too but I find it isn't as good as K.D. Lang's version.

Charity Single For The Haiti Earthquake Appeal "Everybody Hurts"
Charity Single For The Haiti Earthquake Appeal "Everybody Hurts"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Charity Song, 14 Mar 2010
I love this single unfortunately I never heard the original by R.E.M. But this version brought me to tears, especially when I think of those who are suffering after the earthquake. I play the song lots and lots.

Cranks Recipe Book: The Vegetarian Classics (Cranks Restaurants)
Cranks Recipe Book: The Vegetarian Classics (Cranks Restaurants)
by David Canter

4.0 out of 5 stars The best Vegetarian recipe book I've ever owned, 4 Feb 2010
I first bought this vegetarian recipe book many years ago in my youth not long after becoming a fully fledged vegetarian. Over the years and as a result of several moves I lost the book. Christmas 2009 my kids (who are grown up) were reminiscing some of the recipes I made for them in their childhood. My daughter asked if I could make a banana and orange trifle the next time I visited her. This request prompted me to buy a new copy of the famous Cranks recipe book. When I received my copy I immediately went throught it reminding my self of old favourites like, banana and orange trifle, homity pies and winter hot pot. I loved this recipe book when I first bought it all those years ago and I am happily going through the recipes once more. It is a nice trip down memory lane and a recipe book I thoroughly recommend.

Best 1991 - 2004 (U.S. Version)
Best 1991 - 2004 (U.S. Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Love it!, 4 Feb 2010
I bought this CD on a whim, I had never bought anything by Seal before. But I can tell you that I love it!
My favourite tracks are, Kiss from a Rose and Loves Divine these are closely followed by Killer. I love Seals voice it sounds so powerful and sexy. I even managed to convert my husband to Seal's music his favourite is Loves Divine. Altogether I love the music and will be buying more of Seal.

Celtic Daily Prayer (Northumbria Community)
Celtic Daily Prayer (Northumbria Community)
by The Northumbria Community

5.0 out of 5 stars Celtic Daily Prayer, 13 Jun 2009
I love this book as it tries to lead one into a life of daily prayer as used by the Celtic saints of old. I am a Seventh Day Adventist and love the "Family Shabbat" section in this book. Keeping the Sabbath is one thing that the Ancient Celtic Christians and people of my faith have in common therefore the idea of "Family Shabbat" on Friday night appeals to me. I find this book refreshing and revitalising in my devotional life. It helps to stop my devotional life from becoming stale as I incorporate the Morning and Evening prayers into my lifestyle.

I Dared to Call Him Father
I Dared to Call Him Father
by Bilquis Sheikh

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping page turner, 13 Jun 2009
I loved this book and I couldn't put it down. I admired this woman and her stand for Jesus against her family, religion and background. Reading her witness to God's love has helped to strenghten my faith and walk with Jesus.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3