Profile for MFM > Reviews

Mini Pestle and Mortar - 10.5cm
Mini Pestle and Mortar - 10.5cm
Offered by Crystal Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for me, 23 Nov 2014
Got this to work with jewellery enamels. For me it's the perfect size, the ones we use at college are a lot smaller & quite painful on the wrist if I had a lot of enamels to wash. Price was fantastic.

Faithfull Spring Divider 3in
Faithfull Spring Divider 3in
Offered by EM Industrial Products

1.0 out of 5 stars unusable, 23 Nov 2014
The tips were lopsided and the part that you turn to open the tool wasn't connected properly. So it would turn smoothly for a few millimeters then it would jump 5mm in one go. It doesn't even deserve the 1 star it got.

200 Braids to Loop, Knot, Weave & Twist
200 Braids to Loop, Knot, Weave & Twist
by Jacqui Carey

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't think you will get a better braiding book., 17 April 2013
Only received this book yesterday. Without having to read much, I can clearly see how to complete a design, how many strands to use and how to adapt the design. I love the fact that you don't need lots of expensive tools, in fact the book gives you options to use some tools or just to use your hands. There is a catalogue style view of all the design, my only complaint is that this should be at the back of the book so it is easier to find. There is a photo or drawing to go with every paragraph, there is a photo of every design. Every design is rated to tell you how easy it is to make. 200 designs is a lot, the book is pack full. I can't imagine every needing another braiding book or ever getting bored with this book and I can't wait to get started. I will be testing out some of these designs with jewellery wire to set pendants in and I am looking forward to it.

Spotlight On Wire
Spotlight On Wire
by Melissa Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying., 17 April 2013
This review is from: Spotlight On Wire (Paperback)
Fantastic designs within the book. I use wire with assorted gemstones and basic wirework pliers, I find I can easily adapt quite a few of the designs (where a blowtorch and more serious tools are needed) to come up with similar yet unique pieces.

Briggflatts (with DVD & CD) (Book DVD & CD)
Briggflatts (with DVD & CD) (Book DVD & CD)
by Basil Bunting

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, worth reading, 5 Jan 2012
This book was on our reading list and the poetry tutor told us if we didn't like or understand it then read it again and again (I guess he meant until we did grow to like / understand it). Well, I read it and then read it again and again. And do you know what, I really like this book. It is particularly interesting when I follow along with the CD. I haven't got round to watching the DVD that came with it yet.

Emergency Kit: Poems for Strange Times
Emergency Kit: Poems for Strange Times
by Jo Shapcott

4.0 out of 5 stars A few are beyond strange, 29 Dec 2011
I am new to the world of poetry and I did find some of the poems in this book a little disturbing. One of them, I would sooner stick pins in the back of my hand than ever read again. However in spite of all that I grew to truly love quite a number of the poems in this book. This is a book I will be re-reading every now and then for years to come.

BabyDan 2-Way Under Door Stop
BabyDan 2-Way Under Door Stop
Offered by Kiddie kloud

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product, 29 Dec 2011
The good thing about this door stop is the door stays open until you decide to close it. However it does cause some very minor damage to the paintwork at the bottom of the door. But I am happy with the product and I have no plans to change it in the near future.

Poetry in the Making: A Handbook for Writing and Teaching
Poetry in the Making: A Handbook for Writing and Teaching
by Ted Hughes

2.0 out of 5 stars It did not raise my skirt., 29 Dec 2011
This book is an ok collection of poems but unfortunately time has moved on. Although some of the teaching styles are still relevant, the poems attached to them may no longer be an appropriate choice. This book was written pre televisual influence on how we view animals. For example, chapter one, "Capturing Animals" was literally about capturing animals, fox hunting, fishing, badger bating, etc. The vegetarian me was unimpressed and there was very little this book could have done to redeem itself after that.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2013 8:53 PM BST

Low-fat Vegetarian: 100 Step-by-step Recipes - Healthy and Delicious Fat-free Ideas for Any Occasion, All Shown Step-by-step and Illustrated with Over 400 Colour Images
by Anne Sheasby

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely delicious, 29 Dec 2011
I brought both books by Anne Sheasby (the Low Fat Vegetarian 100 Step By Step Recipes and 70 Vegetarian Every Day Low Fat Recipes) after I had borrowed them from the library. They were so good I had to have my own copies. A few of the recipes appear in both books. But I do begrudgingly forgive her for this because these books are now my favourite cookbooks. You get straight forward, easy to follow recipes using lots of fresh ingredients. If I had to choose my favourite out of the two books it would be the Low Fat Vegetarian 100 Step By Step Recipes. But I do strongly recommend both books.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2013 11:03 AM BST

High Tech Sunrise Alarm Clock Wake Up Light Alarm Up To 60 Mins - Nature Sounds Alarm Clock
Offered by Zoozio Tv

1.0 out of 5 stars I wished I had read the reviews before I brought this product, 29 Dec 2011
I would like to say this is a fantastic product but cannot because so far it has not waked me up once. The light is not bright enough to make a difference and it does not alarm long enough. I went back to using my old alarm clock. And this one I now use it as a daytime reminder.

Page: 1 | 2