Profile for Blitterbug > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Ortega RMM-LTD Classical Guitar
Ortega RMM-LTD Classical Guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite Beauty, 2 May 2014
I was very nervous when I bought this guitar because it was fairly expensive. However, I very much wanted a classical guitar that looked a little different - there are so many pale yellow guitar bodies out there - so when I saw this I fell in love immediately. I knew it would look beautiful but how would it play? Ortega is a famous make, and the assurance of all-mahogany construction soothed my fears somewhat and I took the plunge.

I am absolutely thrilled with this beautiful instrument. Everything about it is exquisitely finished from the fine mother-of-pearl double tramlines around the rosette finished with pale wood accents to the two pale wood inlays that go all around the body sides. There's also a lovely white keyline tracing a silhouette all around the front of the figure eight body, and of course the Ortega sigil on the headstock (though I can't tell if this is inlaid or a metallic decal).

The guitar has a warm tone, which is even in weight between the treble and bass strings and the instrument is a joy to tune, unlike some guitars which when tuned correctly for open strings immediately go out of tune when chorded, due to incorrect fret height and-or spacing. The neck is not too narrow for my thickish fingers, nor too wide as to make it hard to bar all the strings. The guitar is a nice light weight despite being all mahogany and containing a 2-way steel truss rod through the neck. And it came in a beautifully coloured padded Ortega-branded gig bag. Fantastic!

Icy Box IB-AC626 Aluminium Protection Case for 3.5 and 2.5 inch HDD
Icy Box IB-AC626 Aluminium Protection Case for 3.5 and 2.5 inch HDD

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 1 May 2014
Unlike some of the other reviewers, I don't find this to be pricey. It's a good quality case and has saved me from storing my spare used and new drives in old cardboard boxes. I repair PCs on-site and this adds an air of professionalism that you simply can't match with cardboard!

Sony SGPCV5 Natural Rubber Dual Purpose Cover and Stand for Xperia Tablet Z - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good. Must do better!, 1 May 2014
This is not a good case in my opinion. I have many tablets, both Apple and Android, and always buy a snug-style leather magnetic smart case where possible. I thought this would be perfect for my new Sony tablet, as it's the official case, but it's really poorly designed and executed. I was very disappointed as I am a real Sony fanboy. So I went and bought a Labato leather smart case which is slimline, elegant and beautiful in a way that this just ain't.

Leatherman Juice Leather Belt Pouch
Leatherman Juice Leather Belt Pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my Gerber!, 1 May 2014
Sacrilege? Possibly. All I know is I needed a belt pouch for my Gerber mini tool. It's the Bear Grylls one and really small, and all the pouches seemed to be very large. I toock a chance on this one and it's great. The tool fits fairly snugly, though there is a bit of a gap between it and the flap which can make it tricky to pull out in a hurry. So I attached a small lanyard from a torch and just tug on that. Great! I am very happy with this solution.

20 x SHL Brand Antistatic Metallic Shielding bag 5 x 8 inch (13 x 20.5 cm) - SHL5x8
Offered by Shiny Hardware Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 1 May 2014
As I repair computers for a living I badly needed some anti-static bags that would fit desktop sized hard drives. It took a lot of searching on Amazon to find these bags but they are perfect fit for 3.5 inch drives. I also like to seal the bags with 'do not tamper' stickers that I buy elsewhere on Amazon when handing customers their old drives back after upgrading their machine, as they can then tell if anyone has tried to peek at their archived data.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution, 1 May 2014
I really wanted to replace my old speaker wires, which were the standard copper wire style, soldered at each end. I liked the style of these cables but I wasn't sure if banana plugs would fit into both my amp and my speaker terminals, which are drilled posts with screw-down caps that are designed to clamp down on bare copper wire, but most comments on the internet suggested they would be fine. It was a tight fit but yes, luckily the plugs seem to work with systems that were designed with thin copper wires in mind. The cables look professional, too. You do need to be VERY careful that the plugs don't touch each other on these older systems, where the terminal spacing is a bit close. Screw down the terminal caps really hard and angle the plugs away from each other and you should be fine.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal solution, 1 May 2014
As a PC repair engineer I often retrieve customer data from dead machines and burn it to DVD. I needed a more professional way to deliver the data than just the clear plastic sleeves I normally use, and these are perfect. In conjunction with security stickers I buy separately, these sleeves provide a professional finishing touch that I reckon will benefit anyone's business that deals with computer data. Alternatively they are great for simply posting your CDs of family photos to your relatives!

Warranty Protection Black Tamper Evident Security Labels X 100 With Gold Hologram Strip to Short Edge Each With Unique Serial Number
Offered by Naomi Symes Books and Labels

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 1 May 2014
I run a small business repairing computers and badly needed some security stickers both for attaching to PC cases to indicate whether they've been opened by someone other than myself, thus voiding my warranty, and also to seal the DVD sleeves I use to hold the data retrieved from customers' broken machines. This assures the customer that no-one has had a look at their data after recovery. The stickers look really professional with a small hologram, and they add a nice finishing touch for any business that deals with building or repairing consumer electronics, or handling sensitive data.

Case In Your Face® Samsung I8190 Galaxy S III mini Premium PU Leather Pull Tab Magnetic Flip Case Cover Pouch - Various Colours (Baby Pink)
Offered by case in your face

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, 1 May 2014
My wife was delighted with this. I think it's incredibly stylish, yet really functional - you just flip up the magnetic clasp and pull the leather tab, and the phone slides out easily and quickly. This has always been my favourite style of phone case and I'm actually a bit jealous (colour aside), as my iPhone has a pretty boring case in comparison.

Luna Gypsy Spalt Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar
Luna Gypsy Spalt Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stunning, 1 May 2014
I wanted to replace my old Allan Scott 'starter' steelstring, which would never stay in tune as you moved around the frets, but I was very worried that this problem would be present for other cheapish guitars. When I saw this amazing Luna on Amazon I was blown away by the style - you almost never see a fully acoustic guitar with an electric-style cutaway, and the pattern was so beautiful that I really wanted to give it a try. There is a video of a musician playing this actual guitar that persuaded me into buying it and I'm so glad I did! It is really light and well balanced, yet full-size. The tone is quite lovely and best of all, it stays in perfect tune right up the frets. I must admit the video was the deciding factor for me as I was not keen to take a chance on what might simply be a pretty guitar. I now wish more guitar makers did this because it can seal the deal. After all, it's the YouTube age. Anyway, this beautiful instrument is now the pride of my collection, even compared against my more expensive nylon string classical.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12