Profile for Westie > Reviews

Westie (England)

Trouble Will Find Me
Trouble Will Find Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Just discovered the National, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Trouble Will Find Me (Audio CD)
I've not heard of the National before and I picked the band up from the positive reviews here, listened to a few samples and bought the album.

The strength and consistency of the song writing is impressive. I don't think theres a weak track on the album. The songs are atmospheric, brooding and brilliantly constructed. Well worth a listen to see if its your taste, now I must explore their previous stuff !

Ragged Kingdom
Ragged Kingdom

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Ragged at all ?, 11 Mar 2012
This review is from: Ragged Kingdom (Audio CD)
I'm not a hard core folk fan but I do listen to several folk artists and Show of Hands is a particular favourite.

I discovered this album due to the high ratings on Amazon, tried a few track samples and bought on the strength of these.

I'm bound to say I'm delighted by it. June Tabor has a fantastic voice and the album is a great blend of traditional and more modern numbers.

The version of "Love will tear us apart" is truly amazing.

Recommended !

Elegant Stealth
Elegant Stealth
Offered by RareGroove

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ash album for some while, 11 Mar 2012
This review is from: Elegant Stealth (Audio CD)
I purchased Elegant Stealth recently having deliberated whether to add this to my collection of Ash albums. Mostly if want to listen to Wishbone Ash I tend to play the Travelogue collection CD.

Having seen the band live recently the new songs didn't make much impression on me. So I was pleasantly surprised on playing Elegant Stealth. It really is a good collection of songs. Songs such as "Give it Up" can take their place alongside Ash's classic numbers.

A strong album - highly recommended for all Ash fans.

Tourist History
Tourist History

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and listenable, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: Tourist History (Audio CD)
I bought this on the strength of the other reviews having never heard of the band before. I wasn't dissappointed. The album is one to put on and just enjoy the whole way through, great uptempo songs with a positive feel to them. I predict a bright future for Two Door Cinema Club !

Radio Bemba Sound System
Radio Bemba Sound System
Offered by MMT-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation, 9 July 2008
Saw the band for the first time on TV at Glastonbury. I was blown away by them. This album comes close to capturing that energy and diffusion of styles.

This is world music thats choc full of life, rythmns and happiness. You can't listen to it without feeling totally energised.

SanDisk Sansa e270 - 6Gb MP3 & Video Player
SanDisk Sansa e270 - 6Gb MP3 & Video Player

4.0 out of 5 stars A great MP3 player, 24 Jun 2007
I chose this product as an alternative to an Apple Ipod and I haven't been dissapointed, it's got great functionality - I love the navigating wheel and it does everything I expected it to but at good price.

My only gripe is with the speakers, that for me at least don't fit as neatly in the ear as I would like. Otherwise its a good quality product and excellent value.