Profile for Mr Callum B Davey > Reviews

Content by Mr Callum B Davey

Mr Callum B Davey

Sennheiser IE 8i High-fidelity Ear-Canal Headset with Smart Remote with Mic to Control iPhone

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic if you can achieve a perfect seal, 4 Feb 2014
One of the previous reviewers mentioned the sound quality was great but only if you can get a decent seal. This is the same as I experienced. Perhaps I have non standard ear holes, but I struggled finding a comfortable and solid seal using the supplied ear buds. I tried some other brands of buds and eventually I realised that due to the shape of the speakers themselves I could not find that special spot. Also these were my first over ear style earphones and they didn't really ever feel unnoticeably comfortable.

By this stage I was a bit gutted as I do very much enjoy their sound, so I tried swapping the L for R and wearing them as standard hang-from-ya-ears earphones.... and voila! Problem solved. Fitted perfectly and although they are larger drivers than other models (so you can kinda feel them in there) they sit perfect, seal and sound great.

So if your struggling with the over ear concept, just swap over the cable connections to the drivers and put them in the opposite ears, cords down.

LAYEN® i-SYNC - Bluetooth Audio Adaptor / Bluetooth Receiver For Docking Stations - Stream Music Wirelessly From Your Bluetooth Device: iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet, MP3 Player
Offered by LAYEN

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work with Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere, 21 Dec 2012
Looks like a great product but unfortunately for me the device would not work with my Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere ipod dock/speakers. Such a shame but it just wouldn't power on once connected, no lights, iphone couldn't find it. The manufacturer does say that if the ipod dock charges an ipod or iphone, it *should* work, but unfortunately in this case it didnt.

Otherwise the product does look like a great solution.

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Extended Edition) [Blu-ray] [2011] [2001]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Films but a disc in my set was missing, 6 Nov 2012
The discs that I did receive were excellent... but unfortunately whoever packed the product included a duplicate appendices disc 5 and missed out disc 6. I have only just noticed this 4 months after placing the order through Amazons Jersey company, indigostarfish, so Im unsure if they will help me or now... awaiting a response.

WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage 2 TB Network Attached Storage
WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage 2 TB Network Attached Storage
Offered by Esale Express

2.0 out of 5 stars Works but writes are EXTREMELY SLOW over wifi, 3 April 2012
I have 2009 Macbook Pro with a 1TB Harddrive, Linksys E3000 router and very high performance wifi throughout my house with minimal interference. I have been around the block trying to work out why I cannot get this drive to back up at more than about 8MB/s MAX using timemachine. There are tonnes of threads about the performance of this drive... Im sure its firmware related. Its taken about 75 hours so far to do 200gig.

Beware.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2012 4:17 PM BST