Profile for Benjamin > Reviews

York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case
York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case
Price: 45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 20kg York Iron Dumbell set, Great Stuff, 10 Nov 2013
Bought this about 2 years ago and remembered today that I never actually reviewed them.
This set was perfect for me as I only wanted to do casual weightlifting at home, I ended up buying a door-mount pull-up bar as well. This box came with a neat leaflet detailing a range of exercises you can do and the spinlock collars hold the weights nice and tight as well. As I said, it's been two years and they're as good as new. None of the silver paint has chipped off, only some of the black paint from the weights has come off a bit from squeezing them together.

Would definitely recommend.

Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Book Seashore
Price: 79.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking phone, 8 April 2013
As this is my first smart phone I cant compare it to all those Galaxys and iPhones. What I can say is that its a good-looking, easy-to-use phone. It came with the typical accessories: charger, USB cable for data transfer, headphones and a pink cap (if you don't like the black one it comes with).
When you connect it to the computer for the first time it will update to Android 4.0. The battery life is decent. I turned the brightness of the display down a bit and have been listening to music with wi-fi on and the battery will still last me just until the next day and maybe just the next morning. There's also a nice little app that allows you to see what is using up the most power and RAM.
The sound quality is good, its not HD but its definitely crisp enough for me. Without the headphones however, its starts sounding a bit trashy at higher volumes.
I've only been using my home wi-fi (15 Mbps with cable) for the phone and its actually fast. I've been browsing reddit and watching youtube vids without a problem, obviously takes longer to open the page but no more than 10 secs in my experience. If you're using the internet a lot non-stop the battery probly won't last you the entire day.
The touch screen is fine, instant response and accurate detection. The screen is a bit small which makes it hard to type, so i usually have to end up rotating the screen for the wider view. This feature can be a bit finnicky and I sometimes have to do repeat the movement once or twice.
You get 4GB of memory available for your use, the downside is there is no micro SD-card slot. You can get the full specs here: [...]

Overall perfect smartphone for me, casual use :)

Shogun 2: Total War (PC DVD)
Shogun 2: Total War (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 9.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun, 14 Mar 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game as I had previously enjoyed the Rome total war Gold Edition as well as the Medieval 2 Gold Edition. The graphics are definitely a great improvement and the battlefield looks great. The battle animations are also much more exciting making saved replays a lot more entertaining to watch. Unit variation is no way near as rich as Rome, but i guess its a historical limitation. The AI has vastly improved from just sitting round and letting u shoot it to pieces. Diplomacy is much more fun now as the AI is much more active in attacking each other, declaring alliances or offering trade deals.
Anyhow, The naval battles are pretty boring, there's nearly no opportunity for strategy. What tends to happen in campaign is that the computer bunches up all its ships in to massive fleets and when u fight them its just a big, random mess.

BUT the biggest problem with this game is actually being able to play it! I bought the game in CD about 6 months after release to avoid bugs and had to install Steam to play it (ugh). It took me 2 days to figure it out. My computer had well over the minimum requirements and after installing it from Steam (which took like 2 hours) i would click "Play game" and after a few secs my screen would go black and crash the computer. It did this time after time. I did everything Steam Support had to say but nothing would change. Well, in the end it turns out that Shogun 2 Total War conflicts with Realtek HD audio, so i had to change it and voila it worked.

In summary, great game had a lot of fun with it. But Creative Assembly, you s*** at testing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2013 11:35 PM GMT