Profile for Google chat user > Reviews

Google chat user

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked on compression!, 2 April 2015
My son introduced me to compression cubes - and once you have used them you are completely hooked. I love the fact that they are extremely lightweight and they make packing and unpacking really easy. Your items are organised, and you can keep them clean and bug free, and clean. Once you learn what items (underwear, t-shirts, socks, sweaters) will compress well and not get perma-press wrinkles when you need them you will be completely hooked on this system. I like the white with green strip and you can identify what is in each bag without having to open them.

Things you never knew about dinosaurs (Meadowside Picture Books)
Things you never knew about dinosaurs (Meadowside Picture Books)
by Giles Paley-Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Joy, Fun and Surprises, 29 May 2014
This is a delightful book, much loved by my grandson, (he also loves to stomp). I only hope the dinosaurs don't eat him!

Girls Can't Play
Girls Can't Play

5.0 out of 5 stars For Every Girl who needs to understand it's not a man's World, 26 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Girls Can't Play (Kindle Edition)
This is a great read for all those who believe that the World needs to be a more equal place, and your gender shouldn't define what you are allowed to do. Gertrude is a lovable character whose pragmatic approach to getting her own way shows ingenuity, but also a great deal of care and concern for all those around her, so that her actions may not win over all her friends, but most certainly will not worry anyone. I highly recomment this - well written and carefully thought out.

Wenko 7975100 0.5 x 30 x 20.5 cm Mini 3-Piece Chrome Tray Divider
Wenko 7975100 0.5 x 30 x 20.5 cm Mini 3-Piece Chrome Tray Divider

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, 21 Mar. 2014
These shelf dividers (or end caps for book shelves) are stronger than they look in the picture. They grip my shelf well - and I would recommend them - maybe not the cheapest - but they work well.

Giveaways- the Ultimate 'How to' Guide
Giveaways- the Ultimate 'How to' Guide

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Listing, 17 Mar. 2014
Getting a successful Kindle promotion gets harder and harder and takes more and more work. This is a useful guide to the less (and well) known places to advertise your book. It is particularly good at listing the Facebook pages. Why four star not five, well I appreciate that everything is changing with email promoters and most are asking for money now whereas they were free, but I would have liked some kind of organisation of these sites. Some (like the big players Pixels of Ink etc) need at least a months's notice, whereas Snicks List you can only post to on the day - so I think I would have liked these sites to be listed in the order you have to approach them.

To the Pines
To the Pines

4.0 out of 5 stars Four and half stars really for brilliant but disturbing book, 15 Mar. 2014
This review is from: To the Pines (Kindle Edition)
This is an interesting read. You are drawn into a dysfunctional world, character by character, knowing that there will be trouble, but not knowing where it will come from. There is a sense of unease as you read - but never is it overt or overpowering. There are points when you feel like shouting at the characters and other times like crying. The strength of the book, in my mind, lies in when you worry about the characters after you finish reading. My sense of life says you should have some good in it, and it makes me want to intervene - maybe more education, better paid jobs, perhaps a social worker - well anything to save this poor family from the situation they are in. It is grim reality - I would like to say of a time gone by - but reluctantly we can pick up any international newspaper to find this is reality in many parts of the world - and that includes the developed world.

Abbott has written an intense debut novel, and it is a brave decision to introduce us to this world through the mute character of Onie. This is a great and original work, so you need to allow yourself to be drawn into this world - you won't be disappointed.

Why four stars not five - well I suppose it's four and a half really. There were times when I missed some of the traditional punctuation. In days gone by I would probably have moaned about the lack of apostrophe that showed the plural. Life does move on - I'm just not there yet!

How To Get Over Your Ex: Get Over A Breakup And Mend A Broken Heart
How To Get Over Your Ex: Get Over A Breakup And Mend A Broken Heart

4.0 out of 5 stars A personal journey with positive outcomes, 10 Mar. 2014
A personal journey packed with sound advice. Forgetting self in doing good for others will always give benefits. Sound advice and a good pick you up.

Boy With No Past
Boy With No Past

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming YA Thriller, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Boy With No Past (Kindle Edition)
Charming and thriller don't often go hand in hand, but the prose is exquisite and the craft of the dialogue exceptional. Jones has created great characters that take you along on an uncertain path, twists and turns and worries for the readers, which is what you would expect from a thriller. Recommended for YA gifts and a great read.

RFID Blocking Executive Travel Organiser Wallet Biometric Passport Credit Debit Card Document Holder (BLACK)
Offered by KORUMA id protection SHOP

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic on Cardboard, 26 Feb. 2014
I had expected better quality from this item, and I wasn't convinced by it's RFID blocking claims - I appreciate having some additional cover is better than nothing but not what I was expecting.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Feb. 2014
I bought these for my mother - I have seen similar in USA as hurricane essentials for years - but living in the country we do get small power cuts and my mother having just recently moved from the city here doesn't like them! Now she has light at the top of the stairs and in the utitlity room, when the power goes off, and she knows it's a power cut and not a lighting fuse if they switch themself on when the power goes. The ability to pick up a fully charged torch from the unit is great - and they are really bright torches too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3