Profile for Mrs K. A. R. W. > Reviews

Content by Mrs K. A. R. W.

Mrs K. A. R. W. "Ha Tikvah" (N. Ireland U.K.)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Scentsicles Scented Ornaments - White Winter Fir
Scentsicles Scented Ornaments - White Winter Fir
Offered by Christmas Tree Land

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for that last week before the big day!, 27 Dec. 2014
Love these as I've long hunted for something that would truly smell of that real tree scent (I only buy wreaths now tho). Hung 3 of these on the wreath & aside from looking good, the scent soon started to develop within 24 hrs or so. I've bought other similar types in years past but these are the first where you get hit by the scent when anywhere close to it. There does seem to be a 'right' distance to get the right smell - for me it was around a foot away - any closer & they smelt different (bit too strong almost).

Overall extremely happy with them, & will return next yr to get stocked up so I can use them for longer & rotate them maybe to keep them going longer.

O Holy Night
O Holy Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, awesome, 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: O Holy Night (MP3 Download)
Awesome, awesome, did I say AWESOME rendition of a tremendously popular Christmas carol. This was the first song by Caleb I'd heard & I was just blown away by the music of it as much as the singing. The arrangement is just wonderful, rising & falling and drawing you in beautifully reaching a perfect crescendo at one point before drifting away again to let you hear Calebs voice all the more.

Just a truly beautiful song rendered all the more so by some superb orchestral work. GO BUY IT!!!! :)

I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb rendition of an old favourite., 13 Dec. 2014
I've long enjoyed the music of CC and it's great to hear them doing Christmas songs. For me, this one is superb - it captures you from the very first note, & builds into something wonderful. The easy style of the instrumental start plays throughout building to a crescendo within the chorus. Overall, a superbly accomplished song.

Morphy Richards 720502 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner with Variable Steam
Morphy Richards 720502 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner with Variable Steam

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cleaner if a bit pricey perhaps., 13 Dec. 2014
Having had wooden floors for many years & being unable to clean them easily myself due to hand arthritis, I really hoped a steam cleaner would do the trick. It absolutely has, BUT, & for me sadly an annoying 'but' - I didn't expect it to be quite as heavy as it is. If you've arthritis or otherwise struggle with a hoover, this won't prove any easier to wield, however, it absolutely does a superb job. It's been wonderful to see my floors shining again and yes, I've used it on 'plain' wooden floors (not sealed to my knowledge) without any difficulty - you just have to make sure you do them on a lower temp & keep it moving all the time.

The handheld is equally heavy to use but at the same time does a superb job with smaller areas especially in the kitchen & bathroom.

The main area I've used the handheld in has been the kitchen - whether psychological or otherwise it definitely feels a lot better to know I've steam cleaned all round the sink area and taps etc. With all the various attachments it can cope with most areas easily. But, here again, as with hoovers, maybe a few too many extras as you find you'll only use one or two of them regularly & others maybe never. I certainly can't see me bothering to steam clean either my windows or my furniture, but that's just me.

The cleaning pads take a fair pounding but if you soak them for an hour before putting them in a longer wash cycle they'll come up white as new.

Overall, I LOVE this cleaner - admittedly on reflection given the price I do feel for my needs, I could have done as much with a slightly cheaper model, but over time I feel this one will have paid its way in saving me having to pay cleaners to come in & sort out my living room floor.

Challenge North Atlantic Salmon Oil, 250 ml
Challenge North Atlantic Salmon Oil, 250 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Horses for courses - my cat hated it :(, 13 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd love to be able to write a nice positive review for this but sadly my cat (15-yo female) just refused any food with even the tiniest amount on it which really surprised me as she happily eats Tuna or Sardines in oil. It does smell very like the typical cod liver oil so not sure if maybe that's a scent that just doesn't appeal to her, as I vaguely remember trying her with some hair supplement (for her coat) which smelt the same & had the same effect.

Doesn't take away from the product as I firmly believe that animals do need a reasonable amount of oil in their diet to keep them healthy. One of the main reasons I wanted to try this was precisely because at her age now, she's prone to constipation which is causing a lot of distress for us both, & one of the first suggestions given to me was to increase the oil in her diet.

Hence the 4 stars are purely because despite my own cat's reaction I would consider this to be a good product. Ultimately that holds for most things - you can't always base something on one or two animal's reactions - often is just a case of trying it out & seeing for yourself.

Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - 1 year - 3 users (PC)
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - 1 year - 3 users (PC)
Offered by BITS N PCS UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but support patchy., 3 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like most of these products it can be hard to know whether or not you're actually being protected by them until you run into particular threats, but having read previous reviews I'm comfortable BD is doing a good job. This is one protection system I've long wanted to get as I think it has a good reputation.

Easy to install without too many things to then have to organise afterwards. And once up & running it doesn't present you with endless boxes of permission requests but seems to intelligently assess your running programs for safety & then allow them free usage thereafter.

It has plenty of features hidden in its Command Centre - it offers various options from defragging (PC & registry), intrustion detection, file encryption, anti-theft & a multitude of others. The only tiny 'complaint' I'd make on these, is that Tooltips would be a hugely useful addition I feel - while most are self-explanatory, others are such that if you're not au-fait with what they mean you could end up selecting things that will have an impact on your browsing or even such things as changing your desktop, & which you mightn't twig are down to BD. But otherwise, a good range of utilities.

BD offers the facility to not only protect your PC but also all your online activity plus providing you with a means of accessing your online banking safely. However, this was the first issue I had with the program. For whatever reason it crashes my mouse when I open up the Safepay box. Leaves me having to whirl the mouse around until the X flashes & I can shut it down with the keyboard. Had to give up on it entirely.

This then ran me into my 2nd issue which is where it's lost the star - I wrote to BD's support & opened a ticket explaining the issue to see if they could help. First reply by email was fine - said they required me to run a particular little downloadable support tool to give them some info on the issue. Duly did that & fired results back as an email attachment. Three days later I got a reply from BD (possibly automated) stating that my ticket had been 3 days without a response & to provide them the info or the ticket would be closed. So I duly emailed it back again (& yes, to the right address!) only to get another automated response a few days later stating the ticket was being closed through lack of response. SO this time I opened up a new ticket & copied everything of the previous one into it, along with a few (nice) words of complaint regarding the process. Four days later I've yet to hear back from them (did get a "sorry we've upset you" email but no actual help).

All in all, yes, I think I'd be happy to recommend the product as I appreciate my issues are probably down to my specific mouse (trackball). However, while support replies are within a reasonable time frame, the actual help provided could be better IMHO.

Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem [DVD]
Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ronit Elkabetz

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting view of Judaic marriage & divorce., 1 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In Israel, there is neither civil marriage nor civil divorce; only Orthodox rabbis can legalise a union or its dissolution, which is only possible with the husband’s full consent. Trapped in a loveless marriage, This short film documents the path of Viviane Amsalem who has been applying for a divorce for three years but her religiously devout husband continually refuses. His resistance, Viviane’s determination to fight for her freedom, and the somewhat tiresome role of the rabbinical judges run in 3 separate but united paths to one ultimate aim – her divorce.

Unlike in more secular countries, however, in Israel marriage is held much more sacred and as such cannot be so easily dissolved. But where a couple do determine to do so, it can sometimes be simple – the husband instructs a scribe to write a Bill of Divorce (the Get(t)) – and there is a lot of symbology that goes along with it as well as scripture. Once the rabbis in the court have heard the stories from both sides, their decision is second to that of the husband who must also give his permission and acceptance for divorce – otherwise nothing changes.

The film is centered on Viviane’s fight to be allowed to leave her husband against his wishes & shows how when a man determines he’s not willing to comply, the Rabbinical Court will tend to be more understanding of his wishes than hers. While much of the proceedings could be somewhat tedious (especially given subtitles) the writers have done a good job in the production, drawing the viewer into the story and willing the next section to have more hope than the former. It’s been filmed to show time segments over the couple of years she fought for her freedom and as the time rolls by you really feel for this woman who just wants justice and escape from a loveless marriage. Definitely one to watch if you’ve any interest or knowledge in Judaic law etc. Dropped a star only because it is a bit tedious in parts.

Bye Mam, I Love You - A daughter's last words. A mother's search for justice. The shocking true story of the murder of Rebecca Aylward

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartrending story., 7 Nov. 2014
This is a truly tough story to read given the utter & complete senselessness of the crime & the age of perpetrator/s & victim. It's just so difficult to comprehend how any teenager could undertake the actions this killer did that day, and so tragic to betray the trust of a friend in the manner he did.

Sonia's story about her loss and the painful walk through hearing all the testimony is told very well. SHe provides relevant information without repetitive notations so draws you alongside her in her quest for justice.

A harrowing story, well told, which needs to be given to every teenage girl as a warning of the dangers that lurk even within a group of so-called friends.

Spellbinder Paper Arts A2 Bracket Borders Two Borderabilities Die Card Creator, Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars another excellent product from Spellbinders, 7 Nov. 2014
Once again, another excellent product from Spellbinders.

Love the way you can use them in combination especially to produce more wonderful designs and borders for cards.

Another very durable product that will last for many years.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent at getting rid of extreme odours!!, 7 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Don't miss the note at the end :)
Having used a few other premium products for the purpose previously :) - I have to say this one ticks all the boxes. While, like some before me, I found it arrived having soaked the packaging, it wasn't enough to drop a star. Unsure why as it has one of those turn & click sprayers.

Using it on carpet worked great - no staining and a nice citrusy smell. The important thing I did notice with it is that the cat didn't return to the scene of the crime as she would do with other products. Previously she'd have done so quite often, but this one seems to have removed that smell that attracts them to continue marking the same spot.

Certainly happy to recommend it for anyone with cats. Can't speak to dog or child stains, but importantly the product isn't purely for pet stains and can be used on most other general household ones to good effect - I used it to remove an older stain on the carpet that had been annoying me for some time. Again, easy to use without the usual overpowering odour.
===============================
Editing this as I've recently had need to use this more than initially & for a slightly different purpose. My poor elderly cat is now somewhat incontinent of faeces and you can appreciate the how the smell of that lingers. Plus at her age, her digestion isn't so good so lets just say that what comes out could well be used for warfare purposes - would have anyone vacate a room in seconds!!! Anyway - I used this product after the offending mess had been lingering under a radiator for 3 hrs min (don't ask - let's just say she's good at hiding her 'mistakes'!!). And I can honestly say it was truly AMAZING! Within 10 mins the smell was completely gone with no need for putting down my usual wealth of other odour maskers. SO impressed - hence my edit to my review!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15